Indian Domestic Cricket

Yes abid nabi is a fool.He is just 21.And he wont play for india now.:mad:He is a very good fast bowler.
Munaf is capable of bowling at 150k but he wants to concentrate on line and length.:mad:

Munaf Higest speed i know was 147.5 in his first test .When he first burst in to domestic circuit he bowled quick with his old slingy action which he remodelled due to injury to a high arm action.
If he bowls even at 135-145 with his height and control he would be match winner,he just needs his mind cleared of the mess created by frazer.

Ian frazer has done more harm to indian fast bowlers teaching them to
bowl line and length look how after he has gone people are getting back to their normal pace.Venky is doing a great job he should have been there earlier.R.p singh ,sreesanth when they burst in to the scene were 90 miles bowlers which they had lost when he was around but now they are bowling over 90 miles.

I think this icl thing is going to sooner than later recognised by the board so he should be fine.He is in england http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/tickhill?articleid=3017737

I think he made the right decison if he does well in icl and bowls at 150 he would be given his cap by bcci.

Last edited:
ICL will be recognised only after a change in the board' administration. thats unlikely to happen any soon.

good about nabi though. but why did he join ICL?

i hope munaf can keep improving and look to make a case for his comeback. he has to play lot of domestic cricket and may be county cricket and work on his mind.

i agree with cricket_god on frazer. this guy who is chappell's right hand, has spoilt our fast bowlers along with chappell.

but in the second innings he used the width of the crease and started bowling with his old action and started angling the ball in at decent pace around 135-139 and also bowled a bit short.

I take it he was the fastest in the game by far then. How fast was his fastest ball in the second innings?

ICL will be recognised only after a change in the board' administration. thats unlikely to happen any soon.

i hope munaf can keep improving and look to make a case for his comeback. he has to play lot of domestic cricket and may be county cricket and work on his mind.

i agree with cricket_god on frazer. this guy who is chappell's right hand, has spoilt our fast bowlers along with chappell.

That cheap guy Kiran More brainwashed him.He said he will play for india if he does well in ICL.Hows that possible now?

I take it he was the fastest in the game by far then. How fast was his fastest ball in the second innings?

139,but i think ishant shrama ws bowling with in himself he can bowl in the high 140 but in the match he was always below 140,i think the pitch and conditions might have something to do with it though.

can anyone tell me about ishant sharma ?? i seriously havent watched
much of this guy....! can anyone brief me on him and how he played in the irani trophy ?

139,but i think ishant shrama ws bowling with in himself he can bowl in the high 140 but in the match he was always below 140,i think the pitch and conditions might have something to do with it though.

Speed is measured out of the hand so pitch won't affect it. I think altitude affects the reading though.

That cheap guy Kiran More brainwashed him.He said he will play for india if he does well in ICL.Hows that possible now?

I think if he performs well against the likes of lara then the public and media will get him in the team do not worry,he just has to bowl express pace and perform well.

Speed is measured out of the hand so pitch won't affect it. I think altitude affects the reading though.

I meant seeing the pitch he might have know bowling quick on thisslow pitch with low bounce is asking for trouble.

Did you watch the india versus south africa a sereis ,the commentators were harping about the fact that he was abouve 140 regularly.

much of this guy....! can anyone brief me on him and how he played in the irani trophy ?

I was impressed by the bounce he got on the slow pitch in the irani trophy
Parthiv patel was collecting the ball over his head most of the time he was bowling between 130-140 mark.

Nabi joined icl as playing for kashmir who were always in the lower divison
did not give his performances any credibility also the monetary benifit
for him would have been hard to resist

Last edited:

No, it wouldn't affect the readers. It might be harder to bowl at 100% several thousand feet up as opposed to ground level.

wasnt munaf patel the bowler who was apparently capable of 150k?

also india's next pace sensation and i think this guy had alot of potential was abid nabi,
he's gone to the icl
He was. Now RP seems to be one of the quicker guys. He was regularly clocking 148 or so in the previous match against Australia.

Ishant Sharma has played a couple of games for India. I think he played against Bangladesh? He didn't impress then but he's a tall lad and quite young. He would be helpful on pitches that offer some vertical movement as he would be able to extract quite a lot of bounce.

Last edited:
He was. Now RP seems to be one of the quicker guys. He was regularly clocking 148 or so in the previous match against Australia.

Ishant Sharma has played a couple of games for India. I think he played against Bangladesh? He didn't impress then but he's a tall lad and quite young. He would be helpful on pitches that offer some vertical movement as he would be able to extract quite a lot of bounce.
Are you serious?
I thought of him more as a medium pacer, or a swing bowler. Let alone an express!
148! Boy that's fast for an Indian!

Are you serious?
I thought of him more as a medium pacer, or a swing bowler. Let alone an express!
148! Boy that's fast for an Indian!
Yeah, I was extremely surprised. He started up at around 146 and kept increasing with every ball. Too bad he lacked the accuracy though. And on a slow pitch it was the perfect pace to smack away.

IMO, by the time the board's administration changes, there will be no ICL left to recognize. They will hold the 20-20 ICL tournament this year because it's a prestige issue for them. That's likely to be it. Seeing the number and stature of players joining the IPL , the future of ICL really looks bleak.

The players should be fine though. The BCCI will be more than happy to have them back.

Rather than the altitude, the length affects the speed gun reading. The speed gun reads only the horizontal velocity. As the horizontal velocity is greater for a pitched up delivery than a short pitched one, the speed gun will give a higher reading for the pitched up delivery.

A bouncer maybe delivered with far greater velocity, but a good proportion of this will form the vertical component. The speed gun measures only the horizontal component, and hence the ball is shown to be a lot slower than it actually is.

Hence grossly, all speed gun readings that we see during cricket broadcast is inaccurate. The absolute value is wrong, but it is an effective tool for comparison.

Last edited:
Challenger Trophy Squads

India Red
Gautam Gambhir (Delhi), Ravneet Ricky (Punjab), Mohammad Kaif (c, UP), Subramaniam Badrinath (TN), Virat Kohli (Delhi), Karan Goel (Punjab), Mahesh Rawat (wk, Railways), , Praveen Kumar (UP), Pragyan Ojha (Hyderabad), Siddarth Trivedi (Gujarat), Ishant Sharma (Delhi)

India Blue
Virender Sehwag (c, Delhi), Ajinkya Rahane (Mumbai), Dinesh Karthik (wk, TN), Suresh Raina (UP), Niraj Patel (Gujarat), Arjun Yadav (Hyderabad), Joginder Sharma (Haryana), Ramesh Powar (Mumbai), Amit Mishra (Haryana), Yo Mahesh (TN), Ranadeb Bose (Bengal)

India Green
Cheteshwar Pujara (Saurashtra), Srikkanth Anirudha (TN), Parthiv Patel (c, wk, Gujarat), Rohit Sharma (Mumbai), Manoj Tiwary (Bengal), Yusuf Pathan (Baroda), Abhishek Nayar (Mumbai), Pankaj Singh (Rajasthan), Murali Kartik (Railways), Gagandeep Singh (Punjab), Munaf Patel (Maharashtra)

Users who are viewing this thread