Indian Domestic Cricket

Pujara is a good option as of now. Don't want to usher Kohli in right away. Kohli will get his chance, but he'll have to wait for it till after the WC ends.

Is there any way to see the score of the Ranji matches live? Cricinfo's only providing session updates and the BCCI site is slow as hell. :mad

www.bcci.tv is pretty fast. I didn't find any issues with the site. Well, I generally check the scores once in a bluemoon,so thats why the site might have been fast for me.

Rahane hits another ton and so does Jaffer. FC avg. of Rahane is now alomost 67.
I have not yet seen Rahane bat, but between him and Pujara who has better technique and temperament?

Pankaj Singh bagged 14 wickets for Rajasthan. :0 Him and the young Deepak Chahar are currenty just too much to handle for other Plate teams.

Last edited:
Rahane hits another ton and so does Jaffer. FC avg. of Rahane is now alomost 67.
I have not yet seen Rahane bat, but between him and Pujara who has better technique and temperament?

Pankaj Singh bagged 14 wickets for Rajasthan. :0 Him and the young Deepak Chahar are currenty just too much to handle for other Plate teams.

Pujara > Rahane. Pujara plays for a weaker team, and is pretty much the guy holding their batting together. Without him, you can see how Saurashtra have fared this season(pretty badly). Pujara's technique is brilliant too. Definitely the best out of the younger batsmen. Rahane's is pretty good as well, but my major problem with Rahane is that he seems to be unable to bat in big matches at times(last year's Ranji final was played on an absolutely cracking pitch for the pace bowlers, and Rahane failed - on the other hand the likes of Nayar and Pandey played impressive knocks on that pitch in crucial situations for their teams). His average is brilliant though. He tons up every other game for fun nowadays.

There's no doubt Rahane or Kohli should be the next batsman in the Indian Test team. Rahane can probably feel a bit unlucky to have not been called up so far. I mean, someone like Rohit Sharma gets several chances in ODIs, but Rahane hasn't even been called up once. Imo, Rahane would be a pretty good ODI batsman too, but the problem is, he's most suited to a No. 3/4 role, and I doubt those positions will open up any time soon.

Amazing work done yet again by Rahane and Jaffer. I think Rahane is just kidding with the Indian bowlers, he just ends up with a ton in nearly each match or just misses it out by a small margin. Amaing player, and a superb batsman. Jaffer used his experience too and looked classy, great innings by him.

Whohooooooooooo

What a great win for Mumbai.
Mumbai bowlers did a spectacular job as they made a batting pitch looked like a bowling heaven. The pitch which offered 646 runs for 5 wickets first 2 day, only offered 175 runs on day 3 and 15 wickets were taken.

Dhawal Kulkarni and Iqbal Abdulla are two serious bowling talents growing in Mumbai.

I can accept iqbal abdulla but kulkarni is over rated. He just produces a string of inconsistent performances . But iqbal abdullla is a serious all round talent , simply amazing ever since i started following him

I can accept iqbal abdulla but kulkarni is over rated. He just produces a string of inconsistent performances . But iqbal abdullla is a serious all round talent , simply amazing ever since i started following him

From what I've seen of Kulkarni, he's a pretty consistent bowler and is in a better league than others. He lacks pace is his only problem. But he is damn good.

Anyone with info on Pragyan Ojha what he's been upto and why hes not representing Hyderabad side in FC games?

Ahh he is named in test squad vs SA. Though would have been nice to see him bowl in FC games.

Last edited:
Another century from Pandey under pressure in the last round of games. Scoring 112 out of Karnataka's 230 odd in the 2nd innings after a duck in the first. Mithun also in the wickets(took 5 in the second I think).

Abdulla is an alright talent. Might well be a better option than Jadeja in limited overs cricket at this point. Jadeja was wayyy better at U-19 level, and probably still has more talent, but Abdulla's batting has improved. He needs to be more consistent with the bat though, else he'll remain a number 8 batsman and nothing more.

Kulkarni is a solid bowler. But, I don't think he'll succeed at international level, especially on flat pitches. If there's assistance, he could well be a handful because of his ability to bowl consistently in the same area for a long period of time, but if there's no assistance, he'll become quite easy to handle imo. Comparable to Vinay Kumar to some extent. They're probably very similar with their good domestic records through disciplined bowling, but a lack of pace really makes you wonder whether they can succeed at the international level sometimes. Should be given a chance eventually though, I guess.

Last edited:
Our domestic pitches kill fast bowlers. Bouncing out batsmen with pace is just a sweet dream for many new ball bowlers.

BTW Joginder Sharma (medium pacer) has a bowling avg. of 20 in FC cricket with 256 wickets and a batting avg of 28 with 5 centuries. :eek: He is still 27!!

Ha, Delhi. Looks like a much weaker team than usual, but yeah. Delhi's Unmukt Chand looks like another batting prospect though, with his first century, he's only 17.

Manoj Tiwary with 211* against Saurashtra in this round. Finally converting one of his starts after 3 fifties earlier in the season. And, one of the few standouts from the last U-19 team, Mandeep Singh with 112 and 84 for Punjab.

Also, we have an excess of promising slow left armers. Harmeet Singh(Mumbai - not the IPL guy fyi), Aushik Srinivas(Tamil Nadu) and Vikas Mishra(Delhi) are three guys in the Super League to probably keep an eye on. They're all 17 I believe. Or 18.

The top 10 run scorers look like a pretty standard list at the moment. Jaffer, Badri, Kaul, Mukund, Kanwar(the only new face), Pandey, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Rahane, Dhawan. Good to see the same guys putting up the runs every season.

Last edited:
Delhi's pacers did a good job for the team there, hopes for result are higher now. Bundling out a great batting lineup like Mumbai's for 267 is always great.
Narwal and Sangwan impressed with the ball and took 4 wkts each. Delhi didn't give the strongest reply as their young gun Unmukt Chand fell for 11, but they were hurt more by Kohli's failure, woodwork disturbed by Agarkar.

Also Mumbai were without Rahane and Kulkarni, unarguably their best batsman and bowler. S Yadav played well for them

Also Since Mumbai has already qualified, Delhi and TN are fighting for the other spot. Since Gujarat aren't going well against TN, and the latter expected to take the first innings lead and if Mumbai manages to draw with Delhi, then Delhi will be behind TN by 1 points.
Delhi have to win this match and hope TN to settle for a draw or loss.

Users who are viewing this thread