Indian Domestic Cricket

Yeah, Pandey was looking really good too, but got out on 49 to one that shot up a bit more than usual. Didn't see Satish bat, but he got a 50 too. Uthappa was the star of course, and Karnataka look good.

Punjab look meh - however a word in favour of Uday Kaul, who is gun on ICC, and also should really be included in more Deodhar/Duleep teams. Seriously good average he has for a keeper-batsman. Got 91 yesterday as well against Aravind, Mithun, Vinay and Joshi who bowled extremely well on a good batting pitch. Mithun was quite unlucky to end up with no wickets.

Punjab look meh - however a word in favour of Uday Kaul, who is gun on ICC, and also should really be included in more Deodhar/Duleep teams. Seriously good average he has for a keeper-batsman. Got 91 yesterday as well against Aravind, Mithun, Vinay and Joshi who bowled extremely well on a good batting pitch. Mithun was quite unlucky to end up with no wickets.

".. on a good batting pitch .." ... not quite my friend it was a green top and bowl was doing a lot. Punjab's fielding and bowling seriously let them down to have Karnataka in such a commanding position.

But all the more reasons to appreciate the efforts of U Kaul and Uthappa to bat as well as they did.

A dominating day for Mumbai, Bengal was out for 296, and Mumbai got a lead of 325. it's tough for Bengal to save the match, but it's possible.

Dhawal Kulkarni yet another bowled some tight line and length and grapped some bounce to pounce a few Bengali batters, Agarkar bowled well too.

Is there any way to see the score of the Ranji matches live? Cricinfo's only providing session updates and the BCCI site is slow as hell. :mad

".. on a good batting pitch .." ... not quite my friend it was a green top and bowl was doing a lot. Punjab's fielding and bowling seriously let them down to have Karnataka in such a commanding position.

But all the more reasons to appreciate the efforts of U Kaul and Uthappa to bat as well as they did.

Looked like batting conditions were quite easy when I was watching though.

Karnataka pull off a fairly comfortable win. Good stuff.

Going to the Mumbai match, I don't get why Bengal weren't made to follow on...there really needs to be a winning mentality when it comes to domestic cricket. The points system definitely needs an overhaul.

I really didn't understand why Mumbai batted again, they could've gone for a win, they should've atleast tried.

Last edited:
Gujurat blown away for 71 with Munaf taking 4 wickets. He looked decent in the Asia cup but I still have severe reservations about him as an international quality player. Hope he proves me wrong.

Mukund is at it again. Double century and still going. The guy is a run machine. Badri gets yet another century as well. Hopefully this is the year for Tamil Nadu. It's been a while coming.

Another wonderful day for Mumbai, managed to get rest 7 wickets for 205 and they have a chaseable total of 252 and 230 more required.

With the likes of Wasim, Rahane, Nohit to follow and yeah surely Abdulla, that guy has done the same work as Harbhajan has been doing against NZ. This might turn out to be an easy win.:)

Man Ajinkya Rahane laid the foundation of yet another Mumbai win. On a bowling friendly picth, he got the highest score of the match and give mumbai it's first win with a beautiful 4. His average is slowly reaching near 70, dunno when he'll get a NAT call.

Man Ajinkya Rahane laid the foundation of yet another Mumbai win. On a bowling friendly picth, he got the highest score of the match and give mumbai it's first win with a beautiful 4. His average is slowly reaching near 70, dunno when he'll get a NAT call.

Firstly is he vying for a top order slot or a middle order?

At the top order, we have Vijay already in the team and Pujara can play either at the top or middle order. And Mukund as well. In the middle order there is Raina as well. And Kohli is also looking good. Badri is done and dusted it seems as far as the selectors are concerned, quite unlucky. Very stiff competition. For him to find a way into the team at the moment is a bit tough considering the only spot open for discussion is the #6 and honestly the only way I can see him playing in the XI is if there are a slew of injuries.

Tough Luck?

Firstly is he vying for a top order slot or a middle order?

At the top order, we have Vijay already in the team and Pujara can play either at the top or middle order. And Mukund as well. In the middle order there is Raina as well. And Kohli is also looking good. Badri is done and dusted it seems as far as the selectors are concerned, quite unlucky. Very stiff competition. For him to find a way into the team at the moment is a bit tough considering the only spot open for discussion is the #6 and honestly the only way I can see him playing in the XI is if there are a slew of injuries.

Tough Luck?

Yeah pretty much. Rahane will have to wait his turn. There's too much competition at the moment and somebody has to miss out.

I dont think Badri is done n dusted yet. If there are 2 positions opening up in Indian test team in places of Dravid and Laxman, I would like one of them to be filled with Badri. (Other maybe Pujara/Rahane) Badri might be new to international circuit but the years of experience he has gained in FC would be required in a national side to balance out the seniors/youngsters ratio. We dont want a team full of aggressive 24 year olds and risk the dressing room environment.

Kohli should fight for his place in Test squad against the likes of Raina n Yuvraj, all of them having the same flamboyant batting style.

Badri with another century. Mukund too. Badri's the leading scorer in Ranji this season too. TN play on some really flat pitches though.

Pandey's on 144* in Karnataka's match. Considering they were 54-5, before he and Gautam put on a 294 run stand, that's some good stuff from Pandey. Seems to be Karnataka's man in a crisis situation. And at home too, Karnataka produce some sporty pitches so the likes of Mithun, Vinay and Aravind get assistance. Apparently Sagar, Karnataka's latest pace bowler had better youth level stats than Mithun, so let's see how he goes.

Last edited:
:( Just last year Badri was in the Indian team. Cmon Badri, you can do it. Make a come back. Hacks like Raina will never cut it in the test level, especially in places like SA!

Users who are viewing this thread