Indian Domestic Cricket

Haryana VS Mumbai

You were wrong. :p

TN vs Rajasthan. TN looks stronger. Let's see what happens

I think both teams would probably go unchanged.

Tamil Nadu

Abhinav Mukund
Murali Vijay
Subramaniam Badrinath
Dinesh Karthik
K Vasudevadas
R Prasanna
Sunny Gupta
Yo Mafesh
Lakshipathy Balaji
Jagannath Kaushik
Aushik Srinivas

Best batting lineup in the season IMO.

I find it ridiculous that BCCI members are the first ones to show their disappointment when the Indian team isn't performing well but what happens when they themselves don't give a damn about Indian Domestic Cricket and no, I am not talking about IPL. Really, what is the point of IPL if it doesn't help your country players in any way at all. What it instead does is, injure your best players and not allow them to take part in the important tours of their own country. When it comes to your domestic cricket, you don't even care about it, I mean come on even Zimbabwe has a better domestic structure than Indian domestic.

The Indian cricket fans don't even care about Indian domestic cricket and why should they when the quality of the domestic cricket is so low. My point here basically is, tomorrow is the Ranji Final and the Indian fans, who care a little bit about the domestic cricket wont be able to watch it because it wont be shown on tv. IPL is shown on tv but not Indian domestic cricket, what can this possibly mean? Nothing but just that BCCI is simply a board hungry for money and they don't give a damn about their domestic cricket and therefore, they must not complain when there international team isn't playing well. When the tournament from where all these big players come isn't at all cared by the BCCI then I believe that they should never complain when their team is performing as badly as they are currently.

I would love to see IPL being shut down and rather than calling international players for IPL, offer them to play in Indian domestic cricket and at that too, Ranji Trophy (4 days matches) and not another pointless t20 tournament.

Tamilnadu finally went past their nemesis Mumbai. They are the firm favorites (for me) to win this year's title. I didn't expected defending champions, Rajasthan to make it to the final but well they are playing good but it will be really hard for them to get past a side like Tamilnadu who has good experienced and talented players and quite a few of them have had exposure to international cricket too.

I feel the structure should change!
Make IPL a 15-20 days tournament, it'd get its recognition!

Create another league, where there are just 6 teams, where only 3 overseas players are allowed. Run it in place of all the good for nothing <ex cricketer name> trophies, in both FC and OD formats. Use the same franchisee system, if they feel its better.

This should improve what it is now, I'm sick of all those Deodhar, Duleep, Vijay Hazare, Syed Mustaq Ali, Irani etc etc trophies!

PS: Keep the Ranji trophy as usual:yes. It has got huge history, let it continue:thumbs.

----------

I feel Tamil Nadu will win the Ranji Trophy, they have better batting line up, good bowling.

I feel the structure should change!
Make IPL a 15-20 days tournament, it'd get its recognition!

Create another league, where there are just 6 teams, where only 3 overseas players are allowed. Run it in place of all the good for nothing <ex cricketer name> trophies, in both FC and OD formats. Use the same franchisee system, if they feel its better.

This should improve what it is now, I'm sick of all those Deodhar, Duleep, Vijay Hazare, Syed Mustaq Ali, Irani etc etc trophies!

PS: Keep the Ranji trophy as usual:yes. It has got huge history, let it continue:thumbs.
You are absolutely spot on but they won't do that as far as IPL is concerned, because BCCI, it seems, is more interested in making money out of IPL rather than making good players out of domestic tournaments like the few known ones you mentioned.

@ both aditya and binnu i agree with you guys are absolutly right , but you got to curse even the players also as even they fall behind the cash they have to quit if they wish to as the aus players do . Eg look at clarke he opted out of t20 and concentrated on his int carear and now he is the captain of aus .

Tamil Nadu to win the trophy, but dont count Rajasthan out. They are defending champions.

We have quality batsmen and new talents. Mukund, Vijay, ?Mr. Consistence? Badrinath, Karthik all are international players while Vasudevadas and Prasanna who are good domestic talents. As Jacobfelix said, we gotta win the toss and elect to bat. Play like Dravid for 2 days with good batsmen, get a score above 500. Then bowl them out in the spoilt pitch. Batting will be the key there. Chennai favors batsmen and spinners, we would have won the final sure if we have a player like Aswin but it doesn?t mean we have weaker bowling. Balaji who have performed great in the domestic level will be the spearhead. Yo Mahesh will be a good supporter of him. All bowlers can bat a bit. Hope we get the trophy this time as we?re Making our 11th attempt to win the coveted title for only the third time, we will bank on home advantage to ensure that their consistent show this season ends on a high.

You are absolutely spot on but they won't do that as far as IPL is concerned, because BCCI, it seems, is more interested in making money out of IPL rather than making good players out of domestic tournaments like the few known ones you mentioned.

Compensate the IPL owners with a franchisee in their new IPL style league which has FC and OD, who will disagree?

They'll earn in one year, what they earn once in a year!

i like this article by harsha bhogle..

Harsha Bhogle: The case for a 12-team Ranji Trophy | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Unlike England if we can't bring foriegn players to play in our Domestic cricket, then its better to combine 3-4 teams into one strong team (like Australian Domestic cricket).

Ex: From Gujarat there are 3 teams (Gujarat, Saurashtra, Vadodora), Now because of these division Quality of all 3 teams are not good as it should be.

Total number of teams in Ranji Trophy are 27 and out of 27 teams only 9-10 teams (Mumbai, Tamil Naidu, Delhi, Bengal, Karnataka, Punjab, UP, MP, Baroda) producess Players for international cricket.

Plate league teams are very weak and there is no point of having them as they will not give india many international player. Then in Elite league there are teams like Orissa, which struggles to win a match and because of teams like these level of Ranji cricket decreases.

Last edited:
As I told in the previous page....Ranji final....Elect to bat...Outbat the opposition by pitching a tent for more than 2 days & try to bowl out the opponents in 2 days....

Same thing has happened.....Rajasthan pitched tent for more than 2 and half days :D....621 runs....Now they have picked up 3 TN wkts.....

Akash Chopra faced some 300+ balls for his 94....that Saxena faced some 600+ balls for his 257....Awesome...:rolleyes Send them to Australia please...:p

Come to think about Saxena's innings, I was wondering what would happen if Sehwag or Warner or Gayle faced those 600 balls....:D

Users who are viewing this thread