Indian Domestic Cricket

Pujara can be our next Laxman, Kohli could be someone like Ganguly in tests.
How can you be so sure, Pujara has played only one innings of note while Kohli has been doing it since last year.
Also Ganguly was brilliant in test cricket too.

Kohli cannot handle much pressure IMO.

Are you kidding me? He has played some of his best innings under pressure for India in ODIs.

There is a spot available, but there are many who are fighting out for it. Raina, Pujara, Kohli, Yuvraj and Pandey.

and what wrong has Rahane or Badri done to not be in your contention list.
I think Pujara has strong chances to fortify his place in the test squad. Yuvraj has fallen behind in my opinion.

But we shouldn't really be getting too carried away with Kohli's purple patch, I think a far more consistent and proven over a long time, Badri, should be given a chance. He could be our Hussey and lend us his best 2-3 years, while Kohli/Rahane/Raina find their grooves.

How can you be so sure, Pujara has played only one innings of note while Kohli has been doing it since last year.
Pujara has been performing at the domestic level.

Also Ganguly was brilliant in test cricket too.
He was very good, but not fantastic. I have a lot of respect for Dada but he hasn't been that brilliant in the longer format of the game.

Pujara has been performing at the domestic level.

Are you trying to say that Kohli is a sitting duck at domestic level. just check the last Ranji season, also a player who has been thrashin world's best attack under pressure and for his nation, who better can you get?

For me Kohli will remain better than Pujara and an ideal test cricketer.

Are you trying to say that Kohli is a sitting duck at domestic level. just check the last Ranji season, also a player who has been thrashin world's best attack under pressure and for his national, who better can you get?

For me Kohli will remain better than Pujara and an ideal test cricketer.

Not to mention, Kohli was gun in Australia for the Emerging Players team in that competition a few years ago. Highest run scorer despite being 19/20.

Both Kohli and Pujara are really good batsmen and should be an integral part of the Indian line-up for years to come. Kohli, imo, has amazing temperament for his age as he has shown on the international stage too.

Another century from Badri
:noway Having an avg of above 60 in FC spreading over a decade and still getting ignored. 30yrs is not that old Mr. Srikanth!!:mad

For a guy his age, he has to grab every chance he gets and make mountains of runs. He didnt (during that test series against SA) so he will find it hard. He just got to keep the run machine going and hope for one more chance of luck.

Badri was picked ahead of Raina agnst SA tour in India; Dravid/Sachin/Lax don't have to sit out to accommodate Badri. I see many vouching for Kohli but getting only 3 innings and then out of contention is not fair on Badri.

And frankly speaking now is the time we should start thinking of rotating amongst Dravid/Lax and Sachin (playing 2 out of the 3), would not only give chance for other players to establish, but also maintain the fine balance between youth and experience.

Pujara won't be dropped from the test side. Just 12 or 18 months from now, and he'll be a certainty in India's test XI. Until either of the three (Dravid, Sachin or Laxman) retire, I can't see Badrinath being in the XI.

I was just thinking about a team without all big names for ODI and T20

Parthiv (WK)/ Dhawan
Rahane/ Vijay
Kohli
Rohit/Manoj
Pujara/Badrinath
Raina (C)/Saurabh Tiwary
Yusuf/ Jadeja
Praveen/Vinay/Munaf
Ashwin/Ojha/Amit Mishra
Varun/ Umesh/ Dinda
Ishant/Sreesanth/RP Singh

The only thing I am worried about in this team is lack of bowling all rounders. Like fast bowling all rounders. If India tour overseas, we really need one genuine fast bowling all rounder in NZ or Eng or Australia, where our part time spinners does not get any help.

We can surely develop an all rounder in Kohli. Who is really good with bat and bowl like medium pace. He can be like Chris Harris from NZ although Virat's batting is much better.

kochi will not take part in upcoming ipl there contract has been terminated

Challenger trophy! Harbhajan, Gambhir, and BADRINATH the captains!

Squads from Cricinfo:

India Blue: S Badrinath (capt), M Vijay, Paul Valthaty, Manish Pandey, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Mandeep Singh, Saurabh Tiwary, Irfan Pathan, Amit Mishra, Pragyan Ojha, YV Krishanatry, Prashant Parameshwaran, Pradeep Sangwan, Tanmay Srivastava

India Green: Harbhajan Singh (capt), Robin Uthappa, S Anirudha, T Suman, Mohnish Mishra, Ishank Jaggi, Mohammad Kaif, CM Gautham (wk), Sarabjit Ladda, Iqbal Abdulla, Abhimanyu Mithun, Samad Fallah, Ishwar Choudhary, Sumit Narwal

India Red: Gautam Gambhir (capt), Shikhar Dhawan, Abhinav Mukund, Ambati Rayudu, Ashok Menaria, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Jalaj Saxena, Piyush Chawla, Bhargav Bhatt, Pankaj Singh, Jaydev Unadkat, TP Sudhindra, Yusuf Pathan, RP Singh

Badri, KKD, Irfan Pathan, Manish Pandey in India Blue means I am definately rooting for them. This is one of my favorite domestic fixtures and I hope that many of these guys get a good, solid start to the season. Would love to see guys like Uthappa back in reckoning. And of course Irfan. We can always hope...

Users who are viewing this thread