Indian Domestic Cricket

Challenger has got some good squads. Though I would have liked to see some other guys captain.
Gambhir is good, cause he is the Indian vice-captain as of now.Harbhajan- his place in the side aint fixed and I really doubt whether he will actually end up captaining India in the future.Badrinath has no chance whatsoever of leading India- given that his place in the side aint fixed.

Ideally, I would have loved to see a really young person take on the reigns- Say - Maybe Manish Pandey, Rayudu, Kohli or Menaria. This way we would have ended up grooming captains for the future, just like it happens in Australia.

Kohli is not playing this. Its going to be series where every one has a slight chance of getting into the side.

Also, I would like to see how Irfan Pathan bowls and bats :) Certainly the best all round India can have

Posted via Mobile Device

Saw the finals of this tournament which ended in a tied encounted. Piyush Chawla scored 92 of 85 and has been consistant with bat and ball during this series. Bhajji also did well 8 wickets and 80 odd runs in 2 matches. I wont be surprised if be is back in the odi team for 3rd match :p

Well ya, its sad to see not many discussing the Indian Domestic Season. Anyways well played Chawla!

Suryakumar Yadav looks to be talented player.. he is playing his first ranji season for mumbai and has scored 419 runs @ avg of 83.80.

He played few matches for MI in CLT20 (semifinal and final) and scored brilliant 25-30 runs in each match.

Very funny :lol Yesterday it seems during the Karnataka-Saurastra Ranji Trophy game here in Bangalore.....a rat entered the ground through the thirdman boundary :p & made its way towards the pitch :lol Play was halted for sometime but it gave much amusement to the players. When the fielders tried to chase it away, it seems that rat ran after a Saurastra player. :lol

When the groundsmen came to catch it, the rat bit one of them :eek: before falling into the trap of the other groundsman.

17-1.jpg

Last edited:
Dinda took two 5 Wicket Haul against Baroda in a Ranji match, whereas Irfan went wicketless in same match.
So, if any bowler gets injured in Australia, then Dinda should fly in as a replacement.

Dinda took two 5 Wicket Haul against Baroda in a Ranji match, whereas Irfan went wicketless in same match.
So, if any bowler gets injured in Australia, then Dinda should fly in as a replacement.

YOU ARE BASING THIS ON ONE MATCH. come on Pathan is a better player overall. Dinda can't bat. Irfan is a super batsmen aswell

Gone. :noway Karnataka crash out of this season's Ranji Trophy as Amit Mishra's men handed them a 6 wkt defeat in 3 days. Not all that great season for them, in terms of 'wins'. In the group stages all they were doing is just settling for draws.

But the man to stand out was Stuart Binny. Good allround show from him. :cheers

But the man to stand out was Stuart Binny. Good allround show from him. :cheers

I always thought that Stuart Binny can be the all rounder that India is looking for. He is like Dan Christian of Australia. Bats down the order and bowls medium pace.

Why do we have 4-day matches ? There should be 5-day games and there is a strong possibility that any of the teams can collapse on the last day while chasing. Furthermore, the final should be endless-you surely don't want a team winning on the basis of only one innings.

Ranji finals will be 5 dayer. Usually teams do like this -

1. Win the toss. Elect to bat.
2. Put a tent on the pitch & settle there :D for 2 1/2 or even 3 days.
3. Amass 600 or even 700.
4. By this time they would have spoilt the pitch to a greater extent. Then try to bowl out the opposition in the remaining 2 days.
5. The moment that is done on 5th day. Match over. Smile with the trophy. :p

Harshal Patel has taken another five fer against Rajasthan in semi-final match, expecting Haryana VS Mumbai Final.

-----------------

Haryana 12/5 in reply to Rajasthan's 89 all-out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread