Indian Domestic Cricket

Saw that match's last moments when MP had lost 6 wickets already.
then the commentators were saying that MP should try for win as a loss will not affect the position in the table then after 20 mins there players were trying to hit the ball everywhere.

Any chances for some of the domestic Ranji players to make it to the Indian team for the upcoming England ODI series? :rolleyes

I would like to see some faces out of ISHWAR PANDEY, ASHOK MENARIA, IQBAL ABDULAAH, ABHISHEK NAYAR, ANUSTUP MUZUMDAR, RAKESH DHRUV, C GAUTAM, S NADEEM, ROBIN BIST, MOHIT SHARMA :thumbs

Menaria, Abdullah, Nadeem and Nayar have been proven performers over the years in the Ranji circuit. For the others, they ought to spend some more time out there.

Sachin amongst the runs with a century today vs Baroda... Should hopefully be a good practice time for him with the Australians coming up.

Well, a fan today came to the pitch and fell at Sachin's feet after his century! The craziness of Sachin still hasn't abated despite his poor form in recent times.

If I am not mistaken, SRT played one more match prior to the England series this year. However, the domestic form doesn't seem to translate onto the international arena.

Not only SRT, we have the likes of RJ, Rohit too who have consistently disappointed with the bat. Dunno, whats wrong with them.

For Rohit, it is his lazy attitude. He looks like someone has forced him on the field while batting. Jadeja isn't a slogger and all the time he has batted at 6 or 7 or maybe even lower I think.

I was watching Sachin play against Baroda and it's fair to say, he was nowhere near his best. He did make a century, yes. Though, I don't feel this century will have much impact on his form. Making centuries against Ranji teams, practicing in nets and playing against international teams are 3 very different things. Having said that, as a Sachin fan, I hope this century does play a huge role in boosting his confidence.

For Rohit, it is his lazy attitude. He looks like someone has forced him on the field while batting. Jadeja isn't a slogger and all the time he has batted at 6 or 7 or maybe even lower I think.

I agree, India are playing Jadeja at 6 or 7. I would rather have him under Kohli, so he has time to build an innings. If he ha scores 3 triple hundreds( be it in Indian Ranji Trophy) in 2012, he can obviously build an innings. Having him up there means you can include another pure bowler.

Jadeja had an opportunity to build long innings' in this past series vs Pakistan. He failed to capitalize on those opportunities.

He's now being used almost like a pure bowler at number 8. :facepalm

Jadeja had an opportunity to build long innings' in this past series vs Pakistan. He failed to capitalize on those opportunities.

He's now being used almost like a pure bowler at number 8. :facepalm

They have reversed the role now. They want Ashwin to become an all rounder and playing Jadeja as a bowler. Sachin also got a century just before the start of the England series as well against Railways I think but we all know how he did against England. So it will be better if we don't judge him based on his ranji performance. I really hope though that he can show the same form against Australia.

Do you people feel that the new Ranji format has been a success ? IMO, it definitely is. For the first time in many, I believe a lot ppl are actually following the Indian domestic circuit.

I think they are showing the matches live on ESPN is the reason many are following. Earlier it was Neo when no one really bothered much.

Yes indeed. ESS is a good broadcaster and I would personally tune in to more matches if they are shown on this network that any other.

Btw, How did Punjab qualify for the Semi-finals ? Or has Cricinfo made a mistake in announcing that they are through ?

Users who are viewing this thread