Indian Domestic Cricket

I heard Rayudu is in very good form right now, and that he plays for Baroda where the wickets are tough to bat on. I wish the selectors give a look into him sometime soon. Instead of giving guys like Rohit Sharma chances, Rayudu can be a far far better option. He can also keep on a makeshift basis. A batting lineup of Rayudu, Pujara, Rahane and Kohli would be very solid in test cricket.

I heard Rayudu is in very good form right now, and that he plays for Baroda where the wickets are tough to bat on. I wish the selectors give a look into him sometime soon. Instead of giving guys like Rohit Sharma chances, Rayudu can be a far far better option. He can also keep on a makeshift basis. A batting lineup of Rayudu, Pujara, Rahane and Kohli would be very solid in test cricket.

Yes agreed with you, I just don't get how much chances Rohit needs now??? Manoj tiwary or Ambati Rayudu must be there in ODI line-up in coming tours or tournaments :thumbs

SAU 580/4 (127.0 ov, CA Pujara 318*, AV Vasavada 5*, HS Sharath 1/65) - Lunch | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

After a double, Pujara scores a triple hundred! He's a run machine and surely the backbone of future Test batting lineup for India. And, hopefully in the ODIs a better version of Rahul Dravid. By better I mean scoring at better pace.

If he gets a place in the playing XI over a Ravinder Jadeja, else we might as well see RJ leading India in a few years from now. That would indeed be a sad day for Indian cricket.

Yes, Azhar-it wouldn't matter much unless the BCCI decides to give him one final Test. I hear that Australia are playing India in Hyderabad, so that might be it :p

As for Rusi Surti, not sure if the board paid homage to the AR. Though I did not watch the 1st ODI, did the players have a minute of silence for the old man ?

Yes, Azhar-it wouldn't matter much unless the BCCI decides to give him one final Test. I hear that Australia are playing India in Hyderabad, so that might be it :p

I don't really see that happening but if it at all it happens, I'd like to see Bhajji in the team too. Both will complete their 100 tests for India in the same match and end their career on a statistically high note, especially Harbhajan.

As for Rusi Surti, not sure if the board paid homage to the AR. Though I did not watch the 1st ODI, did the players have a minute of silence for the old man ?

I too was late to tune in the match but Sunil Gavaskar did talked about him a little during the match and said he was a fine allrounder, an aggressive one who would have done a great job in this era of slambang cricket. By what I know of Surti, he was excellent fielder too and had set high fielding standards (for that era) for his team. Not sure if he was as legendary fielder as Eknath Solkar though. He played some domestic cricket in Australia for Queensland too. In India, he represented Gujarat and Rajasthan at different times before getting the national call. He was from Surat, Gujarat.

Ranji Trophy Semi-final.

The one between Saurashtra and Punjab is quite interesting as of now. Punjab might have to score a record 300+ in the fourth innings if they are to get into the Finals.

Wheras the joke is on the BCCI in New Delhi. Seems like the match may be decided by the toss of a coin.:lol

Just came here to post that Virender Sehwag smashed a 76 balls 104 in a DDCA super league one day match 3 days ago.

Saurashtra would be hoping that if Pujara isn't gonna get to play an ODI then he is released, whereas Mumbai will be hoping exactly the opposite for Rohit Sharma. :p

Saurashtra would be hoping that if Pujara isn't gonna get to play an ODI then he is released, whereas Mumbai will be hoping exactly the opposite for Rohit Sharma. :p

Funny one, but don't say that. Rohit Sharma is a domestic run plunderer! He is just not fit for international cricket, that's all. But he scores heavily in domestic.

So, its Mumbai vs Saurashtra in the final. While Saurashtra has managed to come this far for the first time, its the 44th Ranji finale for Mumbai.

Mumbai drew with Services today.

Correction. Saurashtra will be playing their second Ranji final on the Republic Day. They last featured in the final way back in the 1937-'38 season against Hyderabad. Saurashtra was known as Nawanagar back then.

Unfortunately, BCCI has rejected the respective cricket boards' plea to release their players. Mumbai hold an obvious upper hand when they will try to win the title for the 40th time while Saurashtra will be without their pivotal players Cheteshwar Pujara and Ravindrasinh Jadeja. Worse for Saurashtra, Ajit Agarkar is in good form and Sachin in playing for Mumbai too. Add to that, Zaheer Khan is also in their squad will most probably play (he didn't play against Services for some reason) if he is fit for the finale.

I think both Pujara and Jadeja will end up playing as the last ODI is not likely to happen because of the condition in Dharamsala. I really hope BCCI allow them to go otherwise it will be just one sided game in favor of Mumbai.

Users who are viewing this thread