IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2014 session was his best

I agree. He began well this year, had a man of the match and then dropped after a couple of low scores. This is what happens in the IPL. To be talented is not enough, you need to be at a franchise that gives you a rope to hang yourself in tough times. Punjab has forever been a foreigners paradise as a batting unit. They simply chop and change too much to 'find the right balance.'

Bhuvi does bowl in early 140's when he is in rhythm. There is nothing wrong with the speed gun. In fact one of the reason why he lost his natural swing recently was because he focused too much on increasing his pace. He has definitely increased his pace but in that process, lost his swing which was his strength and therefore struggled last year. Seems like he is doing decently in the IPL but needs to show that when he playing for India to retain his place.

This ipl season going best for him so far. he was so consistent with his bowling in yesterday match, and proved himself the deciding factor for team's win in the end. i am sure SRH with such bowling attack going to play in the final

gayle bad performance continued. clueless about what shot to be played[DOUBLEPOST=1462979797][/DOUBLEPOST]So far SRH playing best among all teams, they have serious depth in their bowling lineup. With Nehra,bhuvi,sran,mustfizur like bowlers then are able to defend even low score. as they did in yesterday match

Tait replaces Hastings for KKR.

And did you guys see the poll in yesterday's match ? The question was whom would you prefer in your team while chasing? Options were Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli.
Guess who won ? Freaking Sharma. He got 72% votes. So, this proves that 72% of people watching the match yesterday were high !

The number of poor replacements continue to grow. I have no clue how Jason Roy wasn't snapped up by one of the franchises. Personally, I'd have put him ahead of the likes of Bailey, Amla and a few others. As for Tait? What a poor selection! KKR have nowhere to go in the seam department. Morkel and Yadav can be expensive and blow hot and cold. Plus, I'd have thought Morkel and Yadav fit the 'outright pace' category well enough. What about a David Willey? I'm aghast he hasn't been called up after the World T20. As far as my memory goes, he was in the auction pool.

AUCTIONS are the real place where squad strength is built. Yes, team spirit is equally important but it will take you only as far as doing little things well. Sure, it's the difference in winning and losing cricket matches but just look at Royal Challengers Bangalore. 18.75 crores on two foreign batsmen. 34 crores if you put Kohli in it. Almost 44 if you include Watson. Gayle has 0 impact, the other three have put in 5 match winning performances in 11 matches. Mustafizur Rahman went for less than 2Cr. It's unbelievable how bad MI and RCB are at the auctions. MI manage to stay afloat for the simple reason that they have the balls to bench stars. ADAM MILNE! One game and out for RCB while Jordan is still in it. Amazing!

Someone from RCB- Play Milne AND Jordan!! AB and Watson the other two!

The number of poor replacements continue to grow. I have no clue how Jason Roy wasn't snapped up by one of the franchises. Personally, I'd have put him ahead of the likes of Bailey, Amla and a few others. As for Tait? What a poor selection! KKR have nowhere to go in the seam department. Morkel and Yadav can be expensive and blow hot and cold. Plus, I'd have thought Morkel and Yadav fit the 'outright pace' category well enough. What about a David Willey? I'm aghast he hasn't been called up after the World T20. As far as my memory goes, he was in the auction pool.

AUCTIONS are the real place where squad strength is built. Yes, team spirit is equally important but it will take you only as far as doing little things well. Sure, it's the difference in winning and losing cricket matches but just look at Royal Challengers Bangalore. 18.75 crores on two foreign batsmen. 34 crores if you put Kohli in it. Almost 44 if you include Watson. Gayle has 0 impact, the other three have put in 5 match winning performances in 11 matches. Mustafizur Rahman went for less than 2Cr. It's unbelievable how bad MI and RCB are at the auctions. MI manage to stay afloat for the simple reason that they have the balls to bench stars. ADAM MILNE! One game and out for RCB while Jordan is still in it. Amazing!

Someone from RCB- Play Milne AND Jordan!! AB and Watson the other two!
Milne is ruled out due to injury. And even if someone wants Willey now, they can't get him as even he is injured.

Users who are viewing this thread