IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing I have noticed, and do correct me if I'm wrong, is that the IPL speed gun is clearly adding a few clicks to some bowlers. I mean I saw Bhuv hit 140kmph for the whole overy and there has been other instances through out the IPL.

Bhuvi does bowl in early 140's when he is in rhythm. There is nothing wrong with the speed gun. In fact one of the reason why he lost his natural swing recently was because he focused too much on increasing his pace. He has definitely increased his pace but in that process, lost his swing which was his strength and therefore struggled last year. Seems like he is doing decently in the IPL but needs to show that when he playing for India to retain his place.

Dhoni should seriously let R Ashwin be traded out of Pune for some other team. This is utter wastage of a very world class bowler. If you use him like this and then he is not able to perform in those very rare opportunities, then how can you blame him? Absolutely ridiculous. I am not believing yet that there is rift between Dhoni and Ashwin, but I do believe Dhoni has taken too much liberty and has used Ashwin like crap.

What a chase by Kohli ! Wow. Another century. Watto was another reason for RCB's win. He performed well with both bat and ball.

ashwin should just get traded to RCB they are short of a decent indian bowler!

or else fake an injury and go on holiday!

In KXIP match, mohit sharma's bowling in death over today proves that T20 is not a batsman game actually bowling should be really tight here

:)
In KXIP match, mohit sharma's bowling in death over today proves that T20 is not a batsman game actually bowling should be really tight here
The DD batsmen choked their way to defeat. :spy

Is Darren Sammy commentating?

Amazing season so far from Dinesh Karthik. He has been the lynchpin of the Gujarat batting lineup. People used to question "why does this guy get big money in the auctions". This is why they splurge money on him. Maybe KKD (that's his nickname) can keep this up and slot himself up for a limited overs comeback for India as a pure batsman, replacing Raina (his Gujarat Lions captain) in the process? KKD is a brilliant fielder too (still vividly remember his acrobatic catch to dismiss Graeme Smith in the slips in the 2007 T20 WC).

Nehra and Mustafizur destroyed MI there. Great to see two left armers operate in tandem with such superb skill.

Dhoni should seriously let R Ashwin be traded out of Pune for some other team. This is utter wastage of a very world class bowler. If you use him like this and then he is not able to perform in those very rare opportunities, then how can you blame him? Absolutely ridiculous. I am not believing yet that there is rift between Dhoni and Ashwin, but I do believe Dhoni has taken too much liberty and has used Ashwin like crap.
ashwin lacking some confidence i think
look at his records in this season so far, 10 Matches just 3 Wkts

ashwin lacking some confidence i think

If you don't give him enough opportunity to bowl, from where will he get his confidence? And the constant theory going around is that Dhoni does not want to bowl Ashwin against right handers as right handers play off spin better than left handers. Adam Zampa said this too in his interview in the last game. But that doesn't mean off spinners can never succeed against right handers? A lot of great off spinners have succeeded against both right and left handers. If you have the skill, you can succeed, and Ashwin has it. Even if he doesn't pick up wickets quickly, he chokes and creates pressure for the others to capitalize.

The handling of R Ashwin seems to be another example of Dhoni's dwindling captaincy acumen.

If you don't give him enough opportunity to bowl, from where will he get his confidence? And the constant theory going around is that Dhoni does not want to bowl Ashwin against right handers as right handers play off spin better than left handers. Adam Zampa said this too in his interview in the last game. But that doesn't mean off spinners can never succeed against right handers? A lot of great off spinners have succeeded against both right and left handers. If you have the skill, you can succeed, and Ashwin has it. Even if he doesn't pick up wickets quickly, he chokes and creates pressure for the others to capitalize.

The handling of R Ashwin seems to be another example of Dhoni's dwindling captaincy acumen.

180 balls 216runs , 7.20 econ

Ravichandran Ashwin - Rising Pune Supergiants player - IPLT20.com

This is 2nd worst ipl perfomance in his career

Currently a very intense battle going on among potential limited overs openers for India. Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Robin Uthappa are all doing very well for their respective sides and are fighting it out hard. Even Rohit Sharma has done quite well this season so far. I stick my neck out and say that Vijay should be drafted into the Indian team soon for ODI's and T20's ahead of Rahane. Vijay is a better opener and has all the shots and the ability to switch gears effortlessly. Hope it happens soon!

180 balls 216runs , 7.20 econ

Ravichandran Ashwin - Rising Pune Supergiants player - IPLT20.com

This is 2nd worst ipl perfomance in his career

Again I have mentioned this before - if you do not give him enough overs to bowl, where will he get better figures from? From your numbers, he has bowled 30 overs (180 balls) in 10 matches at an average of 3 overs per match. For your prime bowler to be bowling 10 overs less than what he should have bowled in the games so far, is not a good thing. And also the way he has been used by Dhoni when he was eventually bowled, also leaves a lot to be desired.

Users who are viewing this thread