Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Match will resume at 11:55 PM.

CSK matches moved to Pune!!! I am happy, hopefully will be able to watch one of the games this year because of this move.

Team A scores 153 at 8.57 runs an over and has only 13 legal deliveries left.
Team B now has to score 71 in 6 overs at 11.84 an over. How in the world is that fair? Even if RR played at 11.84 for rest of their innings of 13 deliveires, they would have added 25 runs max. Which means 179 to win is still 8.9 runs an over.

DLS needs to go and needs to go quickly. Its hurting a lot

Team B now has to score 71 in 6 overs at 11.84 an over. How in the world is that fair? Even if RR played at 11.84 for rest of their innings of 13 deliveires, they would have added 25 runs max. Which means 179 to win is still 8.9 runs an over.

I agree with you.

Regardless, DD were DD, DD are DD, they'll always be DD, lol.

DLS is a pathetic method for rain. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever. i bet most of the captains in world cricket barely understand it as well. I wish for the day when a proper method is created by an aspiring mathematician, which everyone understands it. Never understood it, never will.

Lucky win for Rajasthan because of the DLS. It makes no sense especially when it comes to T20 games. Rajasthan were purely on par and average for most part of their innings with the bat and yet Delhi gets 72 to chase in 6 overs and at 12 an over.

IMHO, a T20 game should NEVER be shortened and the cut off time they currently use to start deducting overs should become the cut off time for calling off the game. This was an unusual summer rain and nobody could've predicted. But Delhi will feel robbed of a point here. One weirdly good thing that came out of this is - first game of this season where a side successfully defends (albeit with help of DLS).

CSK matches moved to Pune!!! I am happy, hopefully will be able to watch one of the games this year because of this move.

I don't see the sense in moving to Pune. Yes, Dhoni and Fleming have played their home games in Pune the last 2 years while with Rising Pune team. But from a fan perspective and revenue perspective, the other options given (Trivandrum and Vizag) are way better.

1) The fan from Chennai will find it easier to travel to either Trivandrum or Vizag, than to Pune, which will lead to better revenue
2) Trivandrum's capacity is 55,000 people. Vizag's capacity is 50,000 people. Chepauk is 50,000 people. Pune is 37,000. That's a huge loss of 13,000 tickets per match (when you compare Pune to Chepauk) for the remaining 6 home games of Chennai. That'd be the revenue of 78,000 tickets lost (the lowest ticket price for the CSK-KKR match at Chepauk yesterday was Rs 1500; so say you take an average of 1000 rs per ticket to account for deflation as the tournament progresses, that's a loss of 7.8 crores).

Considering that T20 matches in India get sold out and more so for CSK who have a very strong nostalgia and emotional support running for them, this makes zero sense to have Pune as the home venue. And I don't agree if they say its easier for players to travel to Pune than to other places. By air, reaching anywhere within India should be a matter of a few hours (possibly 3 hrs max.).

@SaiSrini Is Vijay shankhar good player? DD fans are roasting him online. Saying he is 'Bekar'(useless) player and they were saying that shaw should replace him?
Do you agree?

its 'fair' because if Team A had known from the outset they were only batting for 6 overs they would have scored far more than 8.57 runs per over as could have slogged virtually every ball. They were batting based on 20 overs so were slightly more circumspect.

Team B knew from the outset they only had 6 overs which is why the run rate is always higher to try and make it a more even game. If they were chasing 51 in 6 overs it would have been a certain win

DLS is hardly perfect but the world is still awaiting another system that is better. Please describe it in detail here :p

@SaiSrini Is Vijay shankhar good player? DD fans are roasting him online. Saying he is 'Bekar'(useless) player and they were saying that shaw should replace him?
Do you agree?

Sorry for butting in but nobody is a good player till they're given a fair crack. Shankar has done well with the ball for India and he's hardly had a fair crack with the bat or ball for DD. I don't know how good he is but he's not been given a fair chance yet!

Most fans that use such terms for someone so inexperienced are those that sway with the wind or fair weather fans. They'll even tell you how great a coach Ravi Shastri is.

I am amazed how Unadkat is being paid 11.5 crores for his value. It's literally mind boggling and outright embarrassing when you compare his pay to BK or JB.

Users who are viewing this thread