Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Delhi have huge potential to be the tournament winners within the next three if they retain their batting line up and allow them to develop an understanding. In the meanwhile, they should improve their bowling instead. Shaw, Pant, Iyer, Munro, Shankar and another foreign player, maybe even just Roy, would be a formidable top 6 as they grow and mature. The three Indian kids in particular must be retained at all costs.

It'll be interesting to see how Hyderabad cope when their bowling has as off-day against a good side. Their team seems a touch lopsided and there are not enough fast-scoring batsmen. If they concede 180+ in a play-off, can they chase it down?

Curious for your opinions - Until this point, who have been the 3 best and 3 worst buys of the season?

Daniel Christian another one of those worse death bowlers ( Dinda,Aaron,Hilfhenaus,Clint Mckay) I can remember many occasions where he failed to defend big runs in the last over .... RCB vs South Australian Redbacks in CL t20 2011 , DC vs MI in 2012 when Rohit smacked him for 26 in the last over.

Curious for your opinions - Until this point, who have been the 3 best and 3 worst buys of the season?
I can name the worst 3:

• Glen Maxwell (just having a bad season, otherwise it was a good buy)
  • Jaydev Unadkat (not sure what the franchise was thinking)
  • Ben Stokes (he redeemed himself in 2017, but 2018 has been a dampener for him)

I challenge anyone here to watch the build up to the games on a weekend. It is just cringeworthy to the power of infinity. I have gone from being someone who liked Brett Lee to not being able to tolerate him! Dean Jones? I mean how does that guy have any broadcasting skills or any cricketing sense. He talks out of his ass ALL the time.

Compare that to the build up and post match show of Cricbuzz. Jeez!

WTF Nitish Rana opening bowling for KKR! Is he now a full time spinner?

Rohan Gavaskar saying the outside edge is the best shot in cricket. Bishop just said we need a new commentator! :lol

Rohan Gavaskar saying the outside edge is the best shot in cricket. Bishop just said we need a new commentator! :lol
OMG, doesn't he sound like Athar Ali Khan? I was watching on hotstar and actually thought it was him!

Well done Mumbai to stay alive! That decision to bowl Krunal for the last over was a gamble even with 23 runs to defend, but such gambles pay off on your day! KKD left it too late and should have gone a little more berserk in that Bumrah over.

Well, looking at the way Rajasthan has performed this season, it is almost safe to say that the stellar performance of Pune Supergiants in the last season (IPL 2017) can be put down to 'either Steve Smith or MS Dhoni or both put together'. :D:yes And seeing the way CSK has performed this season under Dhoni

Well, looking at the way Rajasthan has performed this season, it is almost safe to say that the stellar performance of Pune Supergiants in the last season (IPL 2017) can be put down to 'either Steve Smith or MS Dhoni or both put together'. :D:yes And seeing the way CSK has performed this season under Dhoni
I feel like they would've done so much better with a proper captain like Smith or Dhoni. The team isn't very different and they are playing so much worse

Rahul needs to be in the Indian team, immediately. Get him in for England tour. Make him the first choice opener for tests along with Murali Vijay. And he needs to play the ODI's too. If he needs to be in that WC squad, he needs to play in right now.

I think it is time for Rahul to open for India in limited overs cricket now.

KL Rahul
S Dhawan/R Sharma
V Kohli
A Rayudu
MS Dhoni
D Karthik
H Pandya
B Kumar
K Yadav
J Bumrah
Y Chahal

Looks a good side this for WC.

I can only laugh at the Raidu inclusion in a WC side. There's no way I would drop Rohit/Dhawan to accommodate him. Not even Raina.

Rahul
Dhawan
Kohli
Rohit (Fixes the number 4 issue)
Dhoni
DK
Pandya
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Bumrah
Chahal/Umesh

I think no end of picking XI's can help till the coach and captain are who they are.. Tomorrow let's see who wins truth and dare to make it to the RCB XI. :lol

Users who are viewing this thread