Indian Premier League - General Discussion

What JUST HAPPENED TO CSK TODAY???? :lol:D:eek::clap:cheers And Jadeja? Massive wickets... Same with Harbhajan too! Did the team turn some switch after that defeat to KKR?

Great decision to bring in David Willey into the team. And he has already delivered here. 1 wkt, 1 run out, good economy rate so far. And he is an opener in T20 cricket. So far, CSK is having a dream here. Hope this continues.
Its RCB. Everybody get their form against them.

Dhoni tore into Chahal in that over. That no-ball, if it wasn't one, Dhoni was a goner! But Dhoni took full toll in that over and just showed that the pitch did not have any demons in it.

Was disappointed that CSK won this atleast 2 overs late, but happy that the bowlers got some good confidence on their backs going forward. Especially Jadeja, who I think should be MoM.

Seeing MSD in within the top 3 of batting is so refreshing. I still remember his 148 at one down against Pakistan back in 2005. So refreshing to see him batting to his potential.

MSD continues to tear into his bowlers and criticize them for not owning up the responsibility in the death overs. I think thats the right way to go as the bowlers cant get complacent after this win as we were gifted this game by RCB and their big guns (Kohli, ABD) whose failures threw them off so badly.

Good that CSK gets 5 days away from the game! Hope it can give Chahar enough time to return back! Thakur continues to be crap, and if Chahar can return and take up opening bowling duties, Willey can own up the death bowling.

Willey can own up the death bowling.

Willey is a dreadful death bowler. If you notice the games he plays for England he only bowls 2-3 overs at the top because he can get the ball to swing. Let's not forget he is a big hitter as well.

Now thats a wicket you earn.. Brilliant turn from Mishra...

Though off late he gives the feels of Praveen Kumar, 90% anger 10% bowling..

I don't see SRH chasing 160+ now, especially with Dhawan not in full flow and Hales just getting bowled out.

Willey is a dreadful death bowler. If you notice the games he plays for England he only bowls 2-3 overs at the top because he can get the ball to swing. Let's not forget he is a big hitter as well.

Agree with this. Willey is at his best with the new ball. He can get a few scalps before the other CSK bowlers choke the opposition. And if CSK is facing a mammoth total, he can be enlisted as a pinch hitter and get valuable runs.

I think he's just what CSK needs. Someone to score runs down the order and have someone good for Chahar/Thakur to share the new ball with.

Users who are viewing this thread