Indian Premier League - General Discussion

It's a treat to watch Kohli's cover drive. It's so soothing to eyes.

Seems like SRH wants to forcefully give a victory today to RCB, seeing the way they've dropped chances.

I think Moeen and CDG are great additions to the playing XI, they add a bracket between the batsman and the bowlers like every time has in the IPL.

Looks like I jinxed RCB to a defeat there! :p Its ridiculous how SRH is able to defend these 'so-called' below par targets. With Rashid Khan in their lineup and Sid Kaul in such fine form and the return of the ever so dominant Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, they are probably the best bowling lineup across this and a few past IPL seasons. Never has a bowling lineup looked so dominating.

I am actually very excited to see how the return match of SRH and CSK turns out (in Pune). I think CSK is the only team left that can challenge SRH's bowling (with Watson, Rayudu and Dhoni in the kind of form they are; aided by Raina). But an 'up and down' surface in Pune will play right into SRH's zone.

SRH can defend any target.

The pain is getting comical now.

Daniel Vettori was the main problem and now Kirsten and Nehra. Too much calmness.
Kohli & Co. need Coach like Ravi Shastri. RCB need mental uplifment. Dan is too calm. My sister is a RCB supporter, I know that comical pain.[DOUBLEPOST=1525747776][/DOUBLEPOST]
SRH can defend any target.

They have thinking bowlers..That's the reason. Captaincy of Kane is also a key factor.

I think Moeen and CDG are great additions to the playing XI, they add a bracket between the batsman and the bowlers like every time has in the IPL.

Failed to chase down an easy target..And you are calling them great additions? Conditions apply for both of them. Overhyped. RCB lost every season , because they didn't had a quality finisher. Travis Head was the best option in 2018 auction...But they bid for Moeen Ali. Poor and baked management.

Failed to chase down an easy target..And you are calling them great additions? Conditions apply for both of them. Overhyped. RCB lost every season , because they didn't had a quality finisher. Travis Head was the best option in 2018 auction...But they bid for Moeen Ali. Poor and baked management.
Head didn't perform well when he got chances. So it was obvious he was unsold in auction.

Head didn't perform well when he got chances. So it was obvious he was unsold in auction.

But Head is better than Ashes underperformed Moeen Ali and had IPL experience too. Poor selection strategy.RCB management is not proactive.

The more I watch SRH winning games the more I start to wonder - are SRH peaking at the wrong time? Surely the numbers game will catch onto them, and I would rather have them lose now than in the Finals. It's because of this reason that I think a best-of-3 Final will do a world of good in IPL. This league stretches for almost 2 months - what's the harm in adding 2 additional days then?

But Head is better than Ashes underperformed Moeen Ali and had IPL experience too. Poor selection strategy.RCB management is not proactive.
Ali adds an extra bowling (spin) option in the lineup. Plus Travis Head is less aggressive than Moeen. Why not try De Kock and Patel?

After seeing Rayudu, I think he should bat at no. 4. And DK is also a good replacement for Dhoni but I am sure Dhoni will perform better because of his good form.
My Squad for ODIs:
Openers: Rohit, Shikhar, Rahul, Prithvi Shaw (he has the talent)
Middle Order: Rayudu, Raina, DK, Dhoni, Iyer (he's having a good IPL and he was given only one match in the South Africa ODIs and still made 30+ which was better than Rahane's struggle except the first match), Rishabh Pant (could be a good option at no. 5 or 6, good finisher as well even though he struggled in Nidahas Trophy)
All-Rounders: Pandya, Jadhav(If Hardik does not performs), Krunal Pandya(He has already shown his power hitting in IPL)
Spinners: Kuldeep, Chahal, Ashwin (I think he has shown that he can perform for India in limited overs as well, also his captaincy has been good), Markande (for future)
Pacers: Bhuvi, Bumrah, Thakur, Shivam Mavi (He has shown that he is not afraid to bowl in pressure situations, not ready for international cricket), Siddarth Kaul (looks really good)

Users who are viewing this thread