Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Oh! I should check out Cricbuzz then. I have never been to any site other than Cricinfo, for cricket related stuff. Thanks for that recommendation!

I despise Manjrekar. And the senior Gavaskar used to be tolerable once upon a time, but these days, he has gotten ridiculous. From the overseas guys, I have not liked Brett Lee at all. Michael Clarke is OK. I love Kumar Sangakkara whenever he speaks. Wish I can hear more from him. Haven't heard much of Slater to rate him. Dean Jones is a crack head.

Agree 100%. I used to be a complete Cricinfo buff but switched to Cricbuzz permanently a year back. Harsha Bhogle is one expert in 8/10. Plus, I don't have an appetite for jokes during cricket discussions so Cyrus totally is a miss for me. I have been pleasantly surprised by Simon Doull. He's a lot better on the internet than live TV.

And, you're welcome. :yes

Last edited:
Prasidh Krishna looks really good. The speeds there are very impressive and the way he is bowling, it does indeed look like he is hitting those speeds. And his lengths so far have been pretty much on track. Exciting to see prospects like him, KM Asif, Mavi, Nagarkoti, etc. start opening up their wings and that too under good guidance.

This is a stunning knock from Ishan Kishan! 50 off 17 balls! And he is hitting a bowler like Kuldeep Yadav out of the park!

Curran calls for a DRS on the no-ball call by the umpire :lol Hope he's not in trouble for it. But on a serious note - that no ball was absolutely rubbish. He plants his foot well inside the crease but after planting his foot in the crease, his foot slides forward to the point outside the crease and that is when the umpire looks down and calls a no-ball. You surely should be able to reverse these calls, with the amount of technology we have available today.

That was a incredible innings by Ishan Kishan! Considering how the pitch is that might already be a match defining or perhaps tournament defining innings for MI. The dew factor might come into play though which can go against MI.

Wow what an onslaught by Kishan that! I really like when a left hander does that, he was soo good! Brutal hitting at it's best as he thrashed Kuldeep all over the park. This is a above par score for sure and the pitch did look difficult to bat on. If the dew stays away, it will be very difficult for Kolkata here.

Something tells me that if Mumbai win this one here, they will go to the playoffs and might even go all the way again. KKR needs a special work here to win this game and stay ahead of the race.

Rubbish decision! The ball had crossed Hardik's hand and Hardik broke the stumps with his hands, which means DK is not out. And first of all, in such inconclusive scenarios, you give the benefit of the doubt to the batsman. Also Hardik's reaction post that effort, suggested that he was not convinced. Totally stupid decision, one that will most likely have a huge bearing on the result of this game and maybe the tournament.

Rubbish decision! The ball had crossed Hardik's hand and Hardik broke the stumps with his hands, which means DK is not out. And first of all, in such inconclusive scenarios, you give the benefit of the doubt to the batsman. Also Hardik's reaction post that effort, suggested that he was not convinced. Totally stupid decision, one that will most likely have a huge bearing on the result of this game and maybe the tournament.

There was another horrendous no ball given in the first innings.

If Mumbai can close this out with a 80-90 run win, it will be a massive boost to their already healthy NRR (among teams fighting for that fourth spot). With MI set to face DD, RR and KXIP, I cannot see them NOT making the playoffs.

There was another horrendous no ball given in the first innings.
That was not the recap of the no-ball delivery, they've been shit with the stuff of TV replays. A ball later it was clarified.

Users who are viewing this thread