Indian Premier League - General Discussion

That's it. Mumbai will qualify. KKR haven't been consistent at all, I feel they won't make the playoffs. What a remarkable turnaround by MI. The other teams will have to hope that MI and KKR lose their next two matches. They are peaking at the right time here. Only question is if they're able to carry this to the playoffs and take the cup?

MI did what MI does the best. Peek at the right time ! It will be exciting to see the competition between KKR and MI, fight out for that last spot.

MI did what MI does the best. Peek at the right time ! It will be exciting to see the competition between KKR and MI, fight out for that last spot.
I don't see KXIP going easily though, they can slip easily as per their last few performances, remove KL and KXIP are doomed, Gayle has done his quota for the season already.

Kings XI are all about Gayle, Rahul and Mujeeb. I wouldn't rule Gayle out to get a few more. In seasons where he gets runs, he gets truck loads of them.

MI are too good a side to be stopped for long. You just see the quality running down and then the bench minus Pollard. They need to get Milne in for Duminy because he's a hopeless bat and Milne gives something extra with the ball. I also feel they should revert to Fizz for MM.

Fizz for MM.
Highly unlikely. MM won't be dropped, coz he is a genuine wicket taker. Fizz wasn't able to do the thing he was bought for, Hardik has improved a lot as a bowler too.Agree on Milne for Duminy as he isn't needed in the XI if no 3 isn't the spot for him.

Rishabh Pant needs to grow the eff up! He's a selfish bloke and has a habit of running people out!

I really envy SRH fans right now. Must be feeling great to be an SRH fan, with the team looking so well oiled with their bowling and with their batting having the potential (though they have delivered less often than not as a collective group).

to a guy like Pant?
Meaning?

I did not watch his innings. Was it flukey? From what I have heard of Pant, he is a promising prospect for the national team

Meaning?

I did not watch his innings. Was it flukey? From what I have heard of Pant, he is a promising prospect for the national team

Not about his innings today. But I am not a big fan of him (Pant). I totally despise the way he handles his body balance while at the crease. IMHO, his technique looks very ugly and I am NOT optimistic that he would be a success in the international circuit, if he does not change his technique. I rate Ishan Kishan (who played that brilliant innings of 62 yesterday) higher than Pant. And for me, the likes of Samson, Kishan are much higher in the pecking order to be inducted to the national team (after DK of course, who should take up gloves from MSD till DK can play).

Wow! That is some recovery from DD ,the last time I checked the score was returning from work and Delhi was e down for something 40 odd in 7 overs.

Looks like Dhawan has chosen the wrong day for the Daredevills to get big runs. Hyderabad are running away with this unless Delhi picks up a cluster of wickets here

Not about his innings today. But I am not a big fan of him (Pant). I totally despise the way he handles his body balance while at the crease. IMHO, his technique looks very ugly and I am NOT optimistic that he would be a success in the international circuit, if he does not change his technique. I rate Ishan Kishan (who played that brilliant innings of 62 yesterday) higher than Pant. And for me, the likes of Samson, Kishan are much higher in the pecking order to be inducted to the national team (after DK of course, who should take up gloves from MSD till DK can play).
I am pretty much in agreement with all of this. But Pant has enjoyed success with this and we have already seen one unorthodox keeper batsman do so well for India for the past decade or so. He will have tough times in international scenario but he seems to have the talent to overcome it. In this IPL he has excited me and is surely the one to look out for in the future![DOUBLEPOST=1525973532][/DOUBLEPOST]And wow when Dhawan goes like this, he is so pleasing to the eye and couple that up with all the elegance of Williamson. Class pair this!

Users who are viewing this thread