Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Anyone calling for Warner to be dropped or removed as captain, hasn’t known the SRH team at all. Hell, SRH can even play without Rashid, but without Warner, it’s just not possible.

And those that are calling on SRH and their batting along with Warner!! I think you guys are just cruel. RCB got two wickets as a gift one of which was one of the best IPL batters of all time and a regular orange cap winner. Abhishek Sharma got run out looking good because of a collision, Mitchell Marsh was on one leg and Rashid Khan was not mentally there after the collision.

Their batting is just fine although I really want to see Abdul Sadam play in that side. He can hit them a million miles.

And those that are calling on SRH and their batting along with Warner!! I think you guys are just cruel. RCB got two wickets as a gift one of which was one of the best IPL batters of all time and a regular orange cap winner. Abhishek Sharma got run out looking good because of a collision, Mitchell Marsh was on one leg and Rashid Khan was not mentally there after the collision.

Their batting is just fine although I really want to see Abdul Sadam play in that side. He can hit them a million miles.

Didn't SRH reach the IPL final in 2018, without Warner? I don't think Warner played in 2018 (sorry if my memory is serving me wrong)

Anyone calling for Warner to be dropped or removed as captain, hasn’t known the SRH team at all. Hell, SRH can even play without Rashid, but without Warner, it’s just not possible.

It is absolutely pathetic. He's an icon of that team. Regular orange cap winner as I said and he got out in the unluckiest way possible. The guy won a damn IPL title. I think Williamson is a better captain but this management is not a kamikaze RCB captain-management. Bayliss turned KKR and England around. SRH will be fine, even if they have an awful season![DOUBLEPOST=1600713896][/DOUBLEPOST]
Didn't SRH reach the IPL final in 2018, without Warner? I don't think Warner played in 2018 (sorry if my memory is serving me wrong)

2019 12 2 692 100* 69.20 481 143.86 1 8 57 21 2 0
2017 14 3 641 126 58.27 452 141.81 1 4 63 26 10 0
2016 17 3 848 93* 60.57 560 151.42 0 9 88 31 4 0
2015 14 1 562 91 43.23 359 156.54 0 7 65 21 8 0
2014 14 3 528 90 48.00 375 140.80 0 6 39 24 8 0

These are Warner's numbers in the last 5 years.

I am worried for @SaiSrini. He is talking madness since the lockdown.

This would be SRH’s best lineup, if Williamson has to be brought in...

Warner
Bairstow
Pandey
Williamson
Vijay Shankar
Abhishek Sharma
Rashid
Bhuvi
Sandeep
Kaul
Khaleel

This would be SRH’s best lineup, if Williamson has to be brought in...

Warner
Bairstow
Pandey
Williamson
Vijay Shankar
Abhishek Sharma
Rashid
Bhuvi
Sandeep
Kaul
Khaleel

This is the lineup that I was thinking of too. Maybe have Nadeem in place of one of the pacers if there is any worry over the batting depth.

Warner can't be dropped. He has been a consistent run scorer in the last five years.
2015 - Most run scorer
2016 - Second most run scorer
2017 - Most run scorer
2018 - Banned
2019 - Most run scorer

Vijay Shankar
Vijay Shankar and Shivam Dube are useless. They neither bats nor bowls. Just like Stuart Binny.

Last edited:
CSK vs Rajasthan tomorrow. No Buttler, No Stokes. But RR still cant be taken lightly.

I think CSK should go in with the same XI. As per Fleming, Bravo is not available for another game. And frankly, Curran's show on the opening night should make it tough for Bravo to return since Curran provides the same set of skills with younger legs and the left arm/handed variety. If Bravo has to come in, it should be more for one of Watson or Faf.

Vijay will get another game since Ruturaj has just resumed training and it would be tough to throw him that quickly. But since Faf plays sort of an anchor role, should he open with Watson and have Vijay come one down with Rayudu at 4? Something to think about for CSK!

Bangalore's ideal line up

Paddikal
Kohli
Gurkeerat
Moeen Ali
AB de Villiers (wk)
Dube
Morris
Steyn/Zampa
Umesh
Saini
Chahal

This is a poor squad because we have no domestic batting and very poor fast bowling overseas options. Steyn is not a death bowler at the best of times, certainly not in the twilight of his career.

I think for Kohli to be Kohli, he must open. I think instead of him and AB batting together, they should be separated. I think Finch is extremely single dimensional and I think Moeen Ali is VASTLY underrated. He plays spin very well, bats in the middle order where RCB are very weak and provides a good off spin option. I think crucially, and tragically AB needs to bat in the last 6-7 overs and nothing prior. That's their plight. Gurkeerat at 3 as there's frankly nobody else and he seems to be hitting the ball 'OK.'

I think Steyn and Umesh can be lethal up top and they should get a free licence to go at 10's in the PP but look for wickets. I still feel Zampa should play and not Steyn leaving Morris and Saini to bowl the death.

This is an average side and it will need those two mega batters and two India international bowlers to have a massive tournament for this clown camp to qualify. Udana is a fabulous buy, but I think that's for later in the tournament and hopefully Bangalore are not out of the league by then.

CSK vs Rajasthan tomorrow. No Buttler, No Stokes. But RR still cant be taken lightly.

I think CSK should go in with the same XI. As per Fleming, Bravo is not available for another game. And frankly, Curran's show on the opening night should make it tough for Bravo to return since Curran provides the same set of skills with younger legs and the left arm/handed variety. If Bravo has to come in, it should be more for one of Watson or Faf.

Vijay will get another game since Ruturaj has just resumed training and it would be tough to throw him that quickly. But since Faf plays sort of an anchor role, should he open with Watson and have Vijay come one down with Rayudu at 4? Something to think about for CSK!

I hope you are kidding. Faf is the reason CSK are not in the position KXIP (Mayank) and SRH (Bairstow) are.

I hope you are kidding. Faf is the reason CSK are not in the position KXIP (Mayank) and SRH (Bairstow) are.

From that opening night, Vijay and Watson were done in by the movement. Faf in his current form and with his technique, is a better player to counter any movement. We also saw that night that the movement stopped after some overs and Rayudu-Faf flourished. If Vijay can bat in that period, maybe he can flourish while Faf does the tougher work of batting while it moves. That was my reasoning

If CSK bat first, then keep Vijay-Watson as the opening pair obviously.

Good to see RCB playing the game within the spirit of the game.

The collision runout can be excused as everybody is there to win but what's with the bouncers aimed at the head of a player just concussed.

Bangalore's ideal line up

Paddikal
Kohli
Gurkeerat
Moeen Ali
AB de Villiers (wk)
Dube
Morris
Steyn/Zampa
Umesh
Saini
Chahal

This is a poor squad because we have no domestic batting and very poor fast bowling overseas options. Steyn is not a death bowler at the best of times, certainly not in the twilight of his career.

I think for Kohli to be Kohli, he must open. I think instead of him and AB batting together, they should be separated. I think Finch is extremely single dimensional and I think Moeen Ali is VASTLY underrated. He plays spin very well, bats in the middle order where RCB are very weak and provides a good off spin option. I think crucially, and tragically AB needs to bat in the last 6-7 overs and nothing prior. That's their plight. Gurkeerat at 3 as there's frankly nobody else and he seems to be hitting the ball 'OK.'

I think Steyn and Umesh can be lethal up top and they should get a free licence to go at 10's in the PP but look for wickets. I still feel Zampa should play and not Steyn leaving Morris and Saini to bowl the death.

This is an average side and it will need those two mega batters and two India international bowlers to have a massive tournament for this clown camp to qualify. Udana is a fabulous buy, but I think that's for later in the tournament and hopefully Bangalore are not out of the league by then.

If Kohli and Abd bat in the middle how is their middle order weak? Makinf Kohli open you are in-fact weakening the side.

Remember this is T20, you are not always going to lose all 10 wickets. You need solid top 5 and with Paddikal, Finch, Kohli, Adb and Dube/Morris/Moeen you have that. If they drop Finch, Parthiv will for sure open. They will want to get Moeen or Morris for Finch.

If you want a gap, have Kohli bat at 3, Dube at 4 and Abd at 5. Depending on match situation, Dube, Abd can swap.

I think Moeen Ali is VASTLY underrated. He plays spin very well, bats in the middle order where RCB are very weak and provides a good off spin option.
Moeen Ali has huge potential but he has been coming off a real poor run for England. That might just be the reason for not going for him

Users who are viewing this thread