Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Avesh Khan. He is playing?
Yes had cramps too while bowling the last year and was suprised that Harshal Patel only 1 game for RCB this season.Although his economy is slightly on the higher sides but does get crucial breakthroughs and has done well for the RCB previous years.

Players I wanted to see in this IPL but didn't.
Khaleel Ahmed
Chama Milind
Nathu Singh
Armaan Jaffer
Ishank Jaggi
Rovman Powell
Asela Gunaratne
Krishnappa Gowtham
Nicholas Pooran
Baba Aparajith
Avesh Khan
Tabraiz Shamsi
Billy Stanleke
Tanmay Agarwal
Ricky Bhui
Eklavya Dwivedi

Some other players who have established themselves in previous season. Who could have used some more chances.
Gurkeerat Singh
Darren Sammy
Rishi Dhawan
Vinay Kumar
Ishwar Pandey
Du Plessis
Usman Khwaja

Delhi have players who are hailed as the future of Indian cricket and have been under Rahul Dravid. These players probably need to continue for another season under the man to keep grooming. This IPL has exposed some chinks in a few of them but they still look the same exciting prospects. Players like Samson, Iyer, Pant need to develop a lot more consistency and who better to help them out than Dravid. It is for this season also, that I want the retention policy to continue into next year so that these guys can be retained and made to flourish under Dravid.

I dont think SRH will be able to retain their trophy now. Winning three games on the trot will require some monumental effort from Warner.

It would have been entirely different had the finished at no.2 though.

Stokes missing the playoffs is a massive blow for Pune, one that makes them very unlikely to win the trophy. Perhaps they could promote Christian and play Ferguson, but their batting would be left short. If they try giving Khawaja a chance, their bowling would be decimated. Perhaps they could try playing Bhatia for providing balance but that would mean ruining the team's balance. Not a good position to be in.

Stokes missing the playoffs is a massive blow for Pune, one that makes them very unlikely to win the trophy. Perhaps they could promote Christian and play Ferguson, but their batting would be left short. If they try giving Khawaja a chance, their bowling would be decimated. Perhaps they could try playing Bhatia for providing balance but that would mean ruining the team's balance. Not a good position to be in.
Time to get Aprajith in... He is a really great all rounder..

I dont think SRH will be able to retain their trophy now. Winning three games on the trot will require some monumental effort from Warner.

They did it last year. They were 3rd placed then too. I agree it will take special effort from Warner and the othets will have to chip in but they can do it.

They did it last year. They were 3rd placed then too. I agree it will take special effort from Warner and the othets will have to chip in but they can do it.
Agreed. But what are the odds of history repeating itself.

I was going to say the same.
Yeah I also think they lack a certain punch in their line-up they had last year. Yuvi missing might also become a big blow for SRH.
But one part of me is hoping they don't go in the finals as the final is on 21st May and I have my final exam on 22 May.

If they will play with intent and Vijay Shankar plays well supporting David Dhawan, then they have the bowling for the rest.

I was going to say the same.

Yeah I also think they lack a certain punch in their line-up they had last year. Yuvi missing might also become a big blow for SRH.
But one part of me is hoping they don't go in the finals as the final is on 21st May and I have my final exam on 22 May.
Yuvi is out of tournament ?

Users who are viewing this thread