Indian Premier League - General Discussion

I’ve never understood them benching Phillips in the first place after he had a phenomenal WC, I’d have just gone with all four of their big batters and relied on domestic talent for bowling of which they have plenty.
He probably didn't warm up to Kavya Maran :grinning:

Jokes apart, Hyderabad's decision making is weird. Just the year before they sacked the team management and took some dubious decisions relating to team retention. I say they need a strong strategist, unlike Lara and Murali to take them through.

I love when people say "if you remove that hundred, he's not done well." Statistically I can claim Brook is responsible for 33% of SRH wins this year. It's not like someone else made that ton. I will also say he's had a bad year, just like I felt that strategically paying him 12-13% of your purse is bananas. But he has more talent in his pinky fingernail than two Parag's put together.

He probably didn't warm up to Kavya Maran :grinning:

Jokes apart, Hyderabad's decision making is weird. Just the year before they sacked the team management and took some dubious decisions relating to team retention. I say they need a strong strategist, unlike Lara and Murali to take them through.

Letting go of Rashid and retaining Kane for 16 crores will be one of the worst decisions by anyone in the IPL’s history.

I love when people say "if you remove that hundred, he's not done well." Statistically I can claim Brook is responsible for 33% of SRH wins this year. It's not like someone else made that ton. I will also say he's had a bad year, just like I felt that strategically paying him 12-13% of your purse is bananas. But he has more talent in his pinky fingernail than two Parag's put together.
Relax it was a troll refering to Harry Brook statement after that hundred

And posts like that are supposed to be taken in light humor.

And @wasteyouryouth he is your KL Rahul in terms.

Boy is gonna be butchered with memes every time he fails.

So yeah burn waste burn :lol:D.

The way Hyderabad treated Warner and dealt with Williamson and Rashid, you could say that it's understandable this is happening to them! You might also say that Rashid probably wanted to leave SRH on his own accord, but if the franchise was trustworthy and took good care of him, he would not have wanted to leave (some might argue why Hardik left despite MI being the best management, but I guess Hardik expected a bigger role and MI with its plethora of stars weren't yet ready to see Hardik in that mould?).

I thought SRH was better under Tom Moody and I don't understand why he was moved out after a few failures. CSK have stuck to Stephen Fleming since inception of the IPL and the man has helmed 4 IPL titles and numerous IPL finals. He has also had two embarrassing seasons in between (2020 and 2022) but CSK wont let him go until he himself says "I want to leave". Changing the backroom structure after defeats does not help.

Harry Brook is a talent!! His first IPL and obviously in front of far bigger crowds and noise than he is used to. He will only get better. I also think Riyan Parag is a talent too, but I feel his focus was not where it needs to be and maybe Sanga is giving him a hard lesson by keeping him out and making him get back his focus.

Titans are going to be a force like how Mumbai and Chennai were initially! I see them winning a lot of titles or reaching playoffs mostly every year. Just gives some amazing vibes looking at them,

Titans are going to be a force like how Mumbai and Chennai were initially! I see them winning a lot of titles or reaching playoffs mostly every year. Just gives some amazing vibes looking at them,

If they keep doing that, expect them also to join CSK and MI in attracting conspiracy theorists who will likely start downplaying their victories to the “Gujarat / BJP / Jay Shah” connection. :D

Yes! This is the Hardik Pandya we know and how he should play. No need to repeat the same mistake as Dhoni the India ODI/T20I batsman.

Honestly had no confidence in Pathriana being anywhere near as impactful as Malinga at the death. He's faster than I thought he would be and uses change ups very well.

Perfect win and the perfect surface to maximize CSK's home advantage. Game was set by the bowlers and Pathirana keeps growing in stature. Again the way MS Dhoni gushed in praise on Pathirana says it all! He is a real fast bowler and has a much lower angle of delivery than Malinga which according to experts, will make his yorkers a lot harder to handle.

Good to see Deepak Chahar hitting his straps! Fingers crossed, coz I still think the 14c on him was justified considering the value he brings with the ball and bat!

After KGF, Lomror is a 1st player to score 50+ for RCB this season... 182 target made match interesting... If DC gets good start, they can win this game...

Users who are viewing this thread