Indian Premier League - General Discussion

The wide review is like a wicket review. If a batter has edged it, he will be given. May be they should use ball tracking too.

A stupendous way to lose

Varun was bowling medium pacers there.

At least two deliveries in that over should've been out of the park. I'm a Calcutta boy and the Bengali's here will be raving about the performance tomorrow while reality is that this was a 200 track and both teams did their best to lose. Chasing that score with drizzle in the air and the ball skidding on, just unpardonable. SRH don't deserve to make it past the league stage. ALSO, I had said post auction that I have 0 doubt that Green and Brook will both be stars and IPL stars too in the future but to break your bank on an overseas spot, compromising local talent space is a recipe for disaster repeatedly made by 7-8 franchises. At best, such gambles are best taken if you have the management and captain to deal with it.

At least two deliveries in that over should've been out of the park. I'm a Calcutta boy and the Bengali's here will be raving about the performance tomorrow while reality is that this was a 200 track and both teams did their best to lose. Chasing that score with drizzle in the air and the ball skidding on, just unpardonable. SRH don't deserve to make it past the league stage. ALSO, I had said post auction that I have 0 doubt that Green and Brook will both be stars and IPL stars too in the future but to break your bank on an overseas spot, compromising local talent space is a recipe for disaster repeatedly made by 7-8 franchises. At best, such gambles are best taken if you have the management and captain to deal with it.
As soon as Markram got out I knew SRH is gonna blew it away.

Samad was there and can strike a few but he hasn't looked good this season at all.

And what Nitish Rana did was played smart with his tactics and field placement.

What was disappointment from SRH point of view was how Abhishek Sharma and Tripathi threw their wicket away they both are touted to be the guy in Indian cricket with potential but their approach yesterday was shocking especially Tripathi who already scored 3 boundaries and still fell for the trap knowing that Russell has dismissed him 3 times before.

Can anyone explain why Anukul Roy batted yesterday? Seems both Jason Roy and Anukul had a go at the bowlers.

P. -I didn't watch the game, the scorecard on Cricinfo shows Jason scored 20. How fair is this that both players batted? Ideally,KKR batted with 12 instead of 11. Also, Anukul shouldn't have batted after Jason's dismissal.

Post automatically merged:

I'd drop Brook, what with Philips waiting on the bench
Nah, he needs to eat more biryani and show off to the Indian public that he can score

Last edited:
I'd drop Brook, what with Philips waiting on the bench

I’ve never understood them benching Phillips in the first place after he had a phenomenal WC, I’d have just gone with all four of their big batters and relied on domestic talent for bowling of which they have plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread