Indian Premier League - General Discussion

I'm not even going to entertain suggestions for an Indian call-up in a serious tournament due to his ability to 'handle pressure'.

Twitter is all over right now how it baffles the keyboard warriors how Tewatia is not in Indian XI already

No please no. Tewatia is good but as you said, he is a one dimensional player and nowadays don't seem to be bowling much. We already have Axar who has been a revelation in batting (though not a six hitting batsman like Tewatia yet) and is a lot better bowler than Tewatia which helps with the balance of the team. If this was the way, Yashashvi Jaiswal, Yash Dhul and Tilak Verma would have been playing for India instead of Rohit Sharma, Surya and Virat Kohli.
Why not?
Not into xi but he should be a squad option. What happens if Axar is injured? India should have options of different finishers.
I don't think he should be thrusted into the squad but should be utilised in less important tours to improve bench strength.
The thing with others is they are in position where India has a lot of other players while Tewatia gives an option which India is lacking.
Plus he has been doing good consecutively for the last three seasons showing that he is not just one time wonder, maybe he can improve his game further when given International games.

Yeah, I strongly think Tewatia can be implemented like Tim David for Australia.

Another cricketer with dual skillset who's now reduced himself to a batter. Like to see some bowlers pepper him with some short stuff and at the same time make him hit off side. You obviously have to risk bluffing him time to time with a full one on the leg stump since he sees the off side field and likes to move across to the on side. Would be invaluable if he can bowl two or three overs. In this current scenario, he's better than Jadeja with the bat at the end and dare I say, better than anyone else too. SRK for Punjab has been good this year but thanks to the impact sub, he isn't bowling either.

Why not?
Not into xi but he should be a squad option. What happens if Axar is injured? India should have options of different finishers.
I don't think he should be thrusted into the squad but should be utilised in less important tours to improve bench strength.
The thing with others is they are in position where India has a lot of other players while Tewatia gives an option which India is lacking.
Plus he has been doing good consecutively for the last three seasons showing that he is not just one time wonder, maybe he can improve his game further when given International games.
He is not international quality yet, my friend. He hardly has any off side shots and is an unreliable bowler. Also, Jaddu is in line for the same role as Axar.

The problem with trying him on "less important" tours that he is likely to rake up good numbers against mediocre attacks which will make him look like Sir Garry Sobers and the fans would want him on tougher tours where he will be exposed. His 3 sixes against Nortje last night were truly impressive but he still has a long way to go in order to be considered for the Indian team set-up.

If at all, Indian team is looking to experiment, I feel Gill, Jaiswal and Jeetesh Sharma are good prospects. Rinku Singh and Tewatia will still need to prove themselves for one more season. Don't want them to end up like Manish Pandey or even Nitish Rana.

We are getting hammered by Ishan "15 CRORE" Kishan :(

Eagerly waiting for Mumbai Police Twitter handle reply to this hammering of Punjab and Arshdeep Singh. :lol

Last edited by a moderator:
That was some win.

Incredible power hitting and Clean striking, Punjab where like 40 runs short on that deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the CSK vs LSG abandoned game - the season gets tougher for CSK after having topped the table at the halfway stage of the league. Funny that they brought back Deepak Chahar today and he still looked well below 100%. I couldnt watch the whole innings but I watched the last 4 overs of that LSG innings and Chahar looked nowhere near ready and was duly thrashed in that 19th over. I would say seeing the wicket that CSK had a "major escape". Bishnoi, Krunal, Gowtham and Naveen Ul Haq would've been near unplayable on that pitch. Inexplicably, LSG decide to leave Amit Mishra out of the XI and even out of the Impact Sub list. But still big escape....

CSK plays 3 home games in a season where home games dont mean anything to them due to the fact that their home pitches dont support them at all. And wherever Dhoni goes, its a sea of Yellove and so no differentiator between home and away for CSK :D The Saturday game against Mumbai in Chepauk must be riveting. Mumbai is coming on a red hot form and have found their Pollard-Hardik in David-Tilak and even Kishan-SKY are firing big now. Also Mumbai is the only team that have the wood over CSK in Chepauk. Mumbai should start favorites as usual, but if CSK lose, their playoff chances will be in serious jeopardy as Delhi Capitals and KKR are no pushovers at all.

Reading reports that KLR set to miss the rest of IPL and WTC Final as well.

Users who are viewing this thread