Indian Premier League - General Discussion

KLR is out of the WTC final squad??? Bad news for AUS.. No wicket giveaway and freebies in field for them.. :p

Although this is IPL, he was actually good in England last time around. With Pant, KL, Iyer and Bumrah out, India is going to have a hard time winning this.

I should have probably phrased it better. It's still unconfirmed news. It's just that I've seen bits of pieces of it here and there.

One management in IPL that is the worst are KKR. So you rope in Johnson Charles in place of Litton Das? Dawid Malan is available and has been one of the best T20 batters and you go for a 34 year old Charles? This is what puts me off! There is so much talent and exciting one but we go for duds!

One management in IPL that is the worst are KKR. So you rope in Johnson Charles in place of Litton Das? Dawid Malan is available and has been one of the best T20 batters and you go for a 34 year old Charles? This is what puts me off! There is so much talent and exciting one but we go for duds!
Don't they have to go for someone at the same base price? Charles and Litton were both 50LAKH, Malan was 1.5 Crore.

Malan is older. Charles is a good backup to Gurbaz since he can keep too. He's a limited batsman, but is explosive so can be a like-for-like backup for Roy/Gurbaz while Malan is an accumulator.

Although this is IPL, he was actually good in England last time around. With Pant, KL, Iyer and Bumrah out, India is going to have a hard time winning this.
We still have Vihari to cover the batting who is a class act but in pace bowling, we only have Shami and Siraj. Would we have to resort to Ishant Sharma or Bhuvi?

IMG-20230504-WA0017.jpg

We still have Vihari to cover the batting who is a class act but in pace bowling, we only have Shami and Siraj. Would we have to resort to Ishant Sharma or Bhuvi?

View attachment 278813
Right now we only have 2 bowlers in Siraj and Shami. We definitely need 3 replacements for Unadkat, Thakur, Yadav. Hopefully not Bhuvi. Vihari is not even in the squad.

And in that way , Malan is 35 ...
Right I was about to type the same thing but the point is that Malan is a far better batsman than Charles so it's mind boggling to give the latter a nod over Malan.

I'm happy GT (the team I'm supporting) actually used their brains and bought the services of Shanaka. Hope they use him some time by giving Little some rest as he hasn't been in top form anyway. I wonder what wrong has Joseph done for them or as Bevan fan Bevab pointed out, it's a classic case of fanboys for left arm bowlers.

Right now we only have 2 bowlers in Siraj and Shami. We definitely need 3 replacements for Unadkat, Thakur, Yadav. Hopefully not Bhuvi. Vihari is not even in the squad.
My mistake. I didn't realize the squad has already been announced. It's a shame that Vihari isn't able to find a place despite the injuries to Shreyas and Rahul. The lad is a brilliant player and a handy occasional spinner - something that can be useful given that none of our batsmen (from the larger pool) bowl at all (Sharma, Gill, Agarwal, Pujara, Iyer, Surya [why is he even there], Kohli, Rahul, Prithvi, Rahane).

I agree on that KKR management has been acting like nincompoops for quite some time now. The whole Karthik-Morgan saga was ugly. They made Rana the skipper out of nowhere and now we see them backing Narine despite being well over his best by date. They need to stop relying on the old horses and bring in some fresh legs that can actually run for the case of the team rather than the blast from the past.

Last edited:
Would we have to resort to Ishant Sharma or Bhuvi?
If I remember correctly, Ishant was only dropped because Ind had a problem of plenty — Shami, Siraj and Bumrah were their first choice and Umesh and Thakur played ahead of him a couple of times cuz they could bat. Don't know if he's still got it in him after a long layoff though...

Users who are viewing this thread