Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know it may raise eyebrows, but I wanted David out as well. I am totally aware of his batting prowess, but he isn't just consistent enough. Plus he really struggles with spin bowling. Even to pacers he gets stuck to a slower delivery as well as any bowl wide on the offside.

Ofcourse the flip side to it is that there are no good finishers anymore, most of them are already taken or not participating. Okay, I take my words back, no releasing David. Gosh, Pollard just unretire and come back.

I’ve noticed a lot of Aussie fans not being particularly impressed with David for one because they think he’s too one dimensional to be successful against the best. I do think you can bank on Wadhera and Hardik being the finishers with one set batter in the top four contributing should there be the need. You’ve also got Stubbs in the squad and Brevis as well.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I’ve noticed a lot of Aussie fans not being particularly impressed with David for one because they think he’s too one dimensional to be successful against the best. I do think you can bank on Wadhera and Hardik being the finishers with one set batter in the top four contributing should there be the need. You’ve also got Stubbs in the squad and Brevis as well.
He's very one dimensional, I think it's mostly that his grounding comes entirely from T20 cricket (at the top level). Quite modern T20 player, in that most of the best T20 players so far have played all formats beforehand so they have more strings to their bow.

But at the same time he has a very simple role.

Users who are viewing this thread