Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Been a bit of a weird season but I can’t deny that KKR completely deserves this league title. They’ve been the best and most consistent outfit by far. I’m going to dig into it soon enough but I wouldn’t be surprised if this season’s KKR is the single best IPL side in the history of the competition on numbers.

So yeah, digging into the numbers I’ve found only two sides that have bettered KKR’s points total this season in a fourteen game season. These were Rajasthan Royals from 2008 and Kings XI Punjab in 2014. There have been a few sides that have equalled KKR’s points tally.

However, none of them have got the mammoth NRR that KKR does. In fact, I remember seeing only a couple of sides with a NRR of above one when I had a quick glance (one of which was MI). And KKR has a notably higher NRR than MI anyway. You could even argue that KKR were unlucky to have had two washed out games from which they could have got four points instead of the two they eventually did given that one was against a listless GT outfit and another was against RR after they had lost Buttler and Hetmyer.

A matchup between 2019-20 Mumbai Indians and this version of KKR would be a sight to see.

So this is turning out to be IPL's version of 99 WC.

Really happy for KKR, always a likeable franchise (mainly due to SRK :p)

Marsh edged a filthy short and wide ball, and Smith was wrongly given out and didnt't review...
But that bastard would have been out like 5-6 times that day.

He was so lucky akin to your feeling about Warner vs Pakistan.

Users who are viewing this thread