abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Lets not bring out the patriotism here on this thing. Maybe the players are doing their thing behind closed doors and maybe they want to keep it private. There are some who are being vocal about it (Ashwin, Harbhajan, etc.) and doing the best they can. We cant judge them without knowing much and even if we do, they come under the BCCI and.... Its upto the BCCI to open itself more to some heavy "anti COVID" social responsibility campaign. They did show signs today (in RCB vs CSK match) by broadcasting this message at the toss. Maybe they will do more in coming days.
Agree with the first part that they shouldn't be judged because we do not know who is doing what behind the scenes.

Disagree with the second part that it is BCCI's responsibility only. The adulation and fanbase developed is for the players, not for BCCI. So they also have to take up their share of social responsibility in this fight with a pandemic which has brought the whole country to its knees.
Post automatically merged:

Hope he and his family are able to come out of this unscathed.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Respect for Ashwin from 2020 end to 2021 has reached peak levels. Finally, someone with some balls doing the right thing!

Absolutely mega mega respect!
Indeed so. Family always comes first. I loss my job a couple years back and learnt the hard way that at the end of it all, family and health are the most important things in life. My prayers are with Ashwin and his family.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

Zampa & Richardson recently got central contract. It's easy for them to skip IPL now. Their future is secure now. I don't know about Tye. He is one of the best T20 bowler in the world, but didn't playing for RR regularly. It's a real mystery that why he was not playing? Lynn, Henriques, Stoinis, Meredith, Coulter-Nile, Christian, Cutting & Behrendorff will stay 100%, because they don't have any central contract. :yes

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Zampa & Richardson recently got central contract. It's easy for them to skip IPL now. Their future is secure now. I don't know about Tye. He is one of the best T20 bowler in the world, but didn't playing for RR regularly. It's a real mystery that why he was not playing? Lynn, Henriques, Stoinis, Meredith, Coulter-Nile, Christian, Cutting & Behrendorff will stay 100%, because they don't have any central contract. :yes
I read somewhere that Tye is the bowling coach for RR. Not sure if it was a mistake from the author or it is actually the fact. If he is indeed the bowling coach, him not being the part of playing XI is justified.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I personally think it's a farce to hold the IPL in India now when the country is crumbling to pieces like this. Players are pulling out, people are suffering in other places and it is total chaos.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I personally think it's a farce to hold the IPL in India now when the country is crumbling to pieces like this. Players are pulling out, people are suffering in other places and it is total chaos.
Couldn't agree more.

I know it's a day job for cricketers. But this is no bilateral series. Its being sold as a 'festival of cricket' and that just leaves a bad taste in the mouth considering the situation right now

IPL is actually being criticized a lot for being held at this point in time. One new publication openly called it out and has said it will no longer be covering the tournament

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Lets not bring out the patriotism here on this thing. Maybe the players are doing their thing behind closed doors and maybe they want to keep it private. There are some who are being vocal about it (Ashwin, Harbhajan, etc.) and doing the best they can. We cant judge them without knowing much and even if we do, they come under the BCCI and.... Its upto the BCCI to open itself more to some heavy "anti COVID" social responsibility campaign. They did show signs today (in RCB vs CSK match) by broadcasting this message at the toss. Maybe they will do more in coming days.
It is not business as usual. You know how many followers these so called influencer cricketers have? These so called big cricketers can given their bakchod gyan (unnecessary knowledge) on stop firecrackers, stop wasting water, stop eating meat, stop with this and that and cannot come out on press and beg their followers to stop and think? Cannot come out and say hey guys this is not business as usual, I am doing my part by donating x amount for oxygen supply. These big cricketers open their mouth and start tweeting garbage like this is India’s matter and don’t interfere, etc.. why not now?

I do not see IPL going on in the coming days. It will only survive if cases go down and things get better. Nobody needs the “festival” of cricket when the entire country is mourning thousands and thousands of death every single day.

Pat Cummins has come out and donated $50000 for oxygen supplies. That's man with balls. Absolute respect. More and more overseas players will opt out and they definitely should. If they continue playing, they will be stuck as more and more countries are closing their borders.

Also there is nothing less or being more patriotic in being a human being. Be a good human being first and the rest of things will follow. I am not asking any cricketers or BCCI to say we donated x amount and let the world know, however I am asking cricketers and BCCI to come forward and donate, raise awareness not just by putting a bloody sign on the TV and stadium , but by being innovative and reach out to masses. Instead of showing the bloody ads, with governments help show where beds are available, show where oxygen is available, show where oxygen will be available, etc. This wont make them patriotic, this will make them human as right now IPL seems inhumane to be even be on National TV.

Last edited:

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Initially I agreed with this but in some way the IPL can be a beacon a hope for many. Just my take on it though, you know like in this time of h
It is not business as usual. You know how many followers these so called influencer cricketers have? These so called big cricketers can given their bakchod gyan (unnecessary knowledge) on stop firecrackers, stop wasting water, stop eating meat, stop with this and that and cannot come out on press and beg their followers to stop and think? Cannot come out and say hey guys this is not business as usual, I am doing my part by donating x amount for oxygen supply. These big crickets open their mouth and start tweeting garbage like this is India’s matter and don’t interfere, etc.. why not now?

I do not see IPL going on in the coming days. It will only survive if cases go down and things get better. Nobody needs the “festival” of cricket when the entire country is mourning thousands and thousands of death every single day.

Pat Cummins has come out and donated $50000 for oxygen supplies. Thats man with balls. Absolute respect. More and more overseas players will opt out and they definitely should. If they continue playing, they will be stuck as more and more countries are closing their borders.

Also there is nothing less or being more patriotic in being a human being. Be a good human being first and the rest of things will follow. I am not asking any cricketers or BCCI to say we donated x amount and let the world know, however I am asking cricketers and BcCI to come forward and donate, raise awareness not just by putting a bloody sign on the TV and stadium l, but by being innovate and reach out to masses. Instead of showing the bloody ads, with governments hep show where beds are available, show where oxygen is available, show where oxygen will be available, etc. This wont make them patriotic, this will make them human as right now IPL seems inhumane to be even be on National TV.
Brilliant post.

May not seem a popular opinion but is it possible the IPL is providing a beacon of hope to some fans? I mean all this heartache fans are going through atleast they can see some glimmer of hope in cricket still being played at the highest level in T20? Look Indian cricket fans are the most passionate in the world so in some way the IPL continuing is good in some way? Not sure if I am making sense and cant believe I just wrote something positive about the IPL.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
May not seem a popular opinion but is it possible the IPL is providing a beacon of hope to some fans? I mean all this heartache fans are going through atleast they can see some glimmer of hope in cricket still being played at the highest level in T20? Look Indian cricket fans are the most passionate in the world so in some way the IPL continuing is good in some way? Not sure if I am making sense and cant believe I just wrote something positive about the IPL.
I'm with you on this. People are going through really tough time psychologically and they find escape in watching their favorites playing. But I just don't get why franchise owners and players' families are allowed to stadiums. Fans switch to IPL for their favorite players and teams, not to see some wives cheering for their hubbies when they hit sixes. I feel it depicts mockery of poor by the rich. If fans are not allowed so shouldn't be anyone else even if they are in so called bio bubble. I was even more surprised to see these people attend matches at Wankhede. Mumbai is under strict lockdown, government says do not leave home unless absolutely necessary; I can't understand what important things these people are carrying out.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
I'm with you on this. People are going through really tough time psychologically and they find escape in watching their favorites playing. But I just don't get why franchise owners and players' families are allowed to stadiums. Fans switch to IPL for their favorite players and teams, not to see some wives cheering for their hubbies when they hit sixes. I feel it depicts mockery of poor by the rich. If fans are not allowed so shouldn't be anyone else even if they are in so called bio bubble. I was even more surprised to see these people attend matches at Wankhede. Mumbai is under strict lockdown, government says do not leave home unless absolutely necessary; I can't understand what important things these people are carrying out.
Hard disagree on family if they are also following protocols.
If IPL can be a beacon of hope then the players deserve to have the people they love near them for their own mental well being.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hard disagree on family if they are also following protocols.
If IPL can be a beacon of hope then the players deserve to have the people they love near them for their own mental well being.
Agree with you. These players too go through too many things mentally. If the family is with them supporting them while abiding all rules, I see no harm in families being part.

Users who are viewing this thread