Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Gujarat should look into this all rounder called as Hardik Pandya and see if he is available to play for them.
Nah, none can topple Ambanis when it comes to coughing out money which is what this said ever injured all-rounder plays for.

GT currently have two 'allrounders' who don't bowl - Vijay Shankar and Rahul Tewatia... I hope the management is awar that they can roll their arms over if needed.

That said, it's their batting that has been a headache. GT could make a better use of someone like Sadarangani.

He can be used as a #4 and for God's sake drop Vijay Shankar. Yes he can play one decent innings in the entire season but would rather bank on someone who is more consistent.

Something in me says GT deserve it for letting out players like Gurbaz, Alzarri Joseph, Ferguson, Dhasun Shanaka, Mavi and Hardik.

Now they are left with a very fragile batting while they choose not to play Abhinav.

I reckon Saha doesn't have long to go as well and won't be surprised if he goes unsold next season unless GT decide to pick him up again.

The lack of backup options has been glaring.

It's not just because of Hardik but also the fact that Shami isn't playing as well. With Shami, GT could have had the luxury of having an overseas batsman which could have solved a lot of problems.

Saha
Gill
Sai Sudarshan
Manohar
Shahrukh
Miller
Tewatia
Rashid
Umesh
Shami
Mohit

Impact: Wade/Williamson/Noor/Spencer Johnson.

This XI looks balanced with say Wade, Miller, Tewatia and Rashid combining to chase a total or;

Williamson coming in @4 to steady the ship or;

Noor adding to the spin prowess or;

Shami, Umesh, Mohit and Spencer making a potent pace attack in support of Rashid.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Devon Conway replaced by Richard Gleeson.

Random.

Pleased for Gleeson, particularly as he's a Bear these days.

Will most likely be covering for Fizz depending on how the situation goes between him and the BCB.

Not the biggest fan of the move since Pathirana can already bowl quick and spray when needed but eh, another overseas quick never hurts.
Post automatically merged:

GT, MI and ?

RCB.

They had a pretty healthy purse prior to signing Green with which they could have gone for an overseas quick better than Joseph and also signed a domestic and overseas spinner. Now he’s being benched because he didn’t set the world on fire.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Will most likely be covering for Fizz depending on how the situation goes between him and the BCB.

Not the biggest fan of the move since Pathirana can already bowl quick and spray when needed but eh, another overseas quick never hurts.

RCB.

They had a pretty healthy purse prior to signing Green with which they could have gone for an overseas quick better than Joseph and also signed a domestic and overseas spinner. Now he’s being benched because he didn’t set the world on fire.

They waited on Conway's injury to see what was going to happen with Fizz and his return to Bangladesh. When they found out that Fizz can't be kept any longer, they decided to replace Conway with Gleeson since Fizz cannot be replaced as he is returning back for international related work.

Seeing Gleeson's background, looks like another death overs bowler who can bowl yorkers at will and has the variety to handle the final overs. Knowing CSK and their history, I will believe that they have picked the right guy. The combo of Fizz and Pathirana makes it far more stronger for CSK and having two death bowlers operating at tandem is good.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
How is Mumbai losing this! Unbelievable batting by Ashutosh

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Hardik should have bowled this over and taken over some responsibility. With just 7 runs an over needed, they will play this Bumrah over and hit others.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Most Punjab finish ever, ran a tight two with just one wicket left, and didn't dive :laughter:

Fenil

What a finish! If only Punjab had the experience of Shikhar in the middle. Absolutely stunning batting from Ashutosh. If he can be guided to improve his off side game, he is a brilliant prospect. Punjab would be ruing the early wickets.

What a find Shashank and Ashutosh have been this season. These two deserved to win.

Most Punjab finish ever, ran a tight two with just one wicket left, and didn't dive :laughter:
They are bowlers, c'mon! It's not like they would be practicing it regularly.

Fenil

Hardik should have bowled this over and taken over some responsibility. With just 7 runs an over needed, they will play this Bumrah over and hit others.
He is aware that there are better bowlers in the ranks. I'm not a fan of Hardik by any stretch, in fact I don't like his on field attitude at all but it was smart to let the top bowlers do it for you rather than risking the game trying to be a hero.

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
I don’t really think this is the best team we’ve seen in franchise cricket, there’s plenty of holes. I’d take the MI side prior to the last mega auction as the best we’ve ever seen. This was their main XI in 2020.

Rohit
Quinny :os:
SKY
Kishan
Pollard :os:
Hardik
Krunal
McClenaghan/Pattinson/NCN :os:
Rahul Chahar
Boult :os:
Bumrah

In addition to this, their bench options included a premier power hitter in Lynn, a developing all-rounder plus hitter called Rutherford, reliable and veteran domestic options in all departments and also had a young Mohsin Khan. No wonder they marched to the title, what a side.

Their gambles on Kishan and Jofra haven’t paid off at all this time around. This is despite them retaining the likes of Bumrah and SKY on contracts that aren’t anywhere near reflective of their value due to alternative sources of reimbursement.
Their bench I would argue was not that strong but they barely ever required it as their Main XI was incredible

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
The second hand embarrassment I get from hearing Murali Kartik absolutely spew nonsense regarding the groups- explaining the format completely wrongly (would have been right had it been 2022).

The teams play their own-group teams once, and other group teams twice and that adds to 14 according to what I know. In 2022, they played the own group teams twice, 4 teams from the other group once, and a wildcard team from the other group twice. And Murali Kartik still seems to be stuck in 2022.

CSK-SRH are the same group and I very vividly remember only one encounter between them last year. In 2022, I remember us hammering CSK and getting hammered back. So that confirms it

I am now embarrassed for myself because he was right. I have no clue why BCCI went back to 2022's concept. Twice against same group. Once against other group, wildcard from other group twice. Except the wildcard match-ups are different. SRH playing MI twice from other group as opposed to KKR from 2022, CSK playing LSG as opposed to MI in 2022.

This year it's again two CSK-SRH match-ups, which I'm actually super happy about since I was fearing that SRH would play no games in Chennai and I couldn't catch them live at all.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Dhoni for T20 wc?