NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
SRH are definitely knocking the door with the impressive T20 cricket they are playing. Almost one would call bazball :p I however feel SRH are RCB part 2 and will choke when it matters the most.

KKR even though they have played great cricket this season for a change, they still are vulnerable due to their atrocious bowling. I hoping they can fix that.

RR has looked complete, their bowling has been solid and has stepped up in clutch moments, batting has been no issue so far. That KKR win absolutely gave them the best of confidence as well.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
200 would be a great cushion for CSK seeing it was supposed to be a slow pitch and with dew coming in later.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Given that Padikkal burst into the scene as a top order bat, wouldn't it have made more sense to bring him in at the fall of QDK's wicket in the first over to give him the feel? I know its only 5th over that he was subbed in but I thought sending him in the first over would have allowed him to play with a mindset similar to that of an opener where he has had success in the past in the IPL.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
CSK bowling :clap:clap

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
CSK not making it to the playoffs. Cant see them with this kind of a bowling. Hope they release Deepak Chahar and release that 14cr that they wasted on him. This is going to be 2020, but I hope Ruturaj is persisted with his captaincy and allowed to pick his squad at the mega auction next year!!

This should've been a win with a spectacular innings from Ruturaj (who scored at 190 S/R without hitting a six until he was about 80 odd runs) and Dube who smashed the headlights outta LSG!! Utterly horrible bowling performance, including the overs from an experienced death bowler like Mustafizur but most importantly it was shambles from Chahar, Shardul and Deshpande.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Watched the game live. Have a lot to say as usual but I’ll just say for now that…. Marcus Stoinis was absolutely incredible to watch today and I say this as someone who doesn’t rate him as much as others do.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Great Innings by Stoinis... I thought Pooran will finish the game for LSG, But Stoinis innings surprised me...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
CSK not making it to the playoffs. Cant see them with this kind of a bowling. Hope they release Deepak Chahar and release that 14cr that they wasted on him. This is going to be 2020, but I hope Ruturaj is persisted with his captaincy and allowed to pick his squad at the mega auction next year!!
Good that someone pointed out Chahar. I always thought he was a one-shot wonder, similar to Paul Valthathy and Manpreet Gony. CSK will still in the mid-field, largely owing to the brand of cricket that KKR and SRH have displayed. Had those 2 teams essayed the same intensity that we have seen from them over the past 2 years, CSK would have made it to the play-offs.

The highlighted statement is of immense value here. I have no doubt that they will persist with him, unless and until he decides to relinquish the captaincy himself.In all honesty, only a fool would do so. For Ruturaj to bring forth his own brand, MSD needs to step aside from the management affairs for a year or two. Else, he is always going to be in the shadow of MS.
Watched the game live. Have a lot to say as usual but I’ll just say for now that…. Marcus Stoinis was absolutely incredible to watch today and I say this as someone who doesn’t rate him as much as others do.

The worrisome aspect being that Australia are just about warming up at the right time- Head, Cummins, Stoinis-all in decent knick.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Alright so we know how this works by now, will do the first innings for now.

• Mitchell looks nowhere near the standard of an international, world class batter. Looked tentative in his shots and didn’t seem particularly willing to try and bat for a longer innings to get back into form/make up for the slower pace later on. Feels a bit weird given that has been CSK’s modus operandi for ages but is it a sign of how things will be in this impact sub fuelled, hitter crazy IPL that even they’re moving on with the times?

• Jadeja’s entire innings felt weird. Seemed to switch between wanting to hit the ball hard and trying to play passively. It doesn’t help that he has a limited hitting arc and it’s easier to deny that in the middle overs and force him into something that’s not his comfort zone. Mo should have walked out at this juncture.

• Dube… Dube… what can a man say? I’m not fully sold on him even now but he’s brute forcing his way through most questions posed to him. Hits the ball hard especially when he isn’t threatened by pace and his mere presence forces captains to not bowl spin to him (I doubt he faced a single over of spin yesterday). Feels like the perfect encapsulation of a modern T20 hitter who has his flaws but can overcome them with sheer fluency in his slogs. He’s also become a fan favourite now with fans constantly chanting his name once he is in.

• Gaikwad once he has his eye in is ludicrous with how good his shots are and how well he times them. His century today felt like a matter of inevitability once he got to his fifty. Reminds me of Gayle with how good he is at acceleration and not picking him in ODIs would be a colossal waste of his talents. The only critique I have is that he was consciously keeping the ball on the ground until the death overs phase, feels like some of those boundaries being converted into sixes would have resulted in a very different game.

• Dhoni’s entry felt almost scripted with how Dube ran himself out and then Gaikwad conveniently slipping to hand him the strike on the last ball. At least the Dhoni chants were less today.

• Matt Henry was great with how accurate he was. It was absolutely criminal that he went unsold in the auction and LSG would be mad to not play him for the rest of the season.

• Wasn’t the best of days for the Indian pace duo, Mohsin looked quite unimpressive while Yash wasn’t any better. Yash’s pace at least looked decent but Mohsin’s didn’t feel like a threat at all. Mayank can’t come back soon enough (and I really wanted to watch him bowl).

• Bishnoi and Krunal could have bowled an extra over each and the bowling rotations could have been better but KL’s captaincy is completely unrecognisable from even a couple of years ago.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Going to ruffle some feather here. Gambhir & Rayudu started it off...

"Win at all cost OR Process is more important" ?

Want to put this Q to the forum members.
Also, in line with the above

Steyn tearing into Pandya....

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Dube… Dube… what can a man say? I’m not fully sold on him even now but he’s brute forcing his way through most questions posed to him. Hits the ball hard especially when he isn’t threatened by pace and his mere presence forces captains to not bowl spin to him (I doubt he faced a single over of spin yesterday). Feels like the perfect encapsulation of a modern T20 hitter who has his flaws but can overcome them with sheer fluency in his slogs. He’s also become a fan favourite now with fans constantly chanting his name once he is in.
I would still like to see him repeat same when the pitches aren't helping this much.

Users who are viewing this thread