IPL Indian Premier League - General Discussion

The Indian Premier League...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i was just reading the first few posts of this thread, and everyone was hating this IPl, and that they'll never watch it and it will destroy cricket, well 1 year on do people still feel that way?

Also will nearly every country be available for this season, coz looking at the tours program, only the west indies and england are playing any matches around then

just need saffers, aussies and kiwis for it to be exciting contest. sri lankans players will be there and no pakistani player will play.

CSK -

Hayden
Hussey
Raina
Dhoni
Badri
Albie
Oram/Flintoff

Thank you, thank you. Plus once we get Vijay, we won't even be effected that badly when the two Aussies leave. Mukund+Vijay are pwnage.

No Aussies or Brits, no problem.

Vijay
Mukund
Raina
Dhoni
Badrinath
Albie
Kapugedera/Oram
Gony /Mularitharan
Ntini
Balaji
Tyagi / Mularitharan
Am beginning to like the subject of your avatar. like wine, she just gets better and better with age...

Hopefully CSK also.

Some news from the IPL is that Delhi Daredevil, Shikhar Dhawan and Mumbai Indian, Ashish Nehra may be swapped as Delhi search for an Indian bowler - likely to replace Mohammad Asif and allow the playing of David Warner while keeping with the four overseas player limit.

KKR coach John Buchanan has revealed that Adam Hollioake could be making a return to cricket via the 2009 IPL. Hollioake made a name for himself late in his career, with all round T20 prowess in the form of hard hitting batting and a deceptive 'split finger' slower ball. As well as talks with Hollioake, KKR have signed Mohnish Parmar and Sachin Rana on three year deals. Mohnish Parmar has attained some fame through the similarity of his style to Muttiah Muralitharan as well as superb success in FC cricket too.

The Rajasthan Royals have signed Raiphi Gomez, a batsman who has made little noise playing state cricket so far in his career. However, with Warne's eye for talent, he might just be the next bargain superstar of the IPL.

Sachin Rana? Very interesting, he's an absolute star on ICC:p. Seems that CSK are the only ones missing out on this early trading shenanigans, along with KingsXIPunjab. But I don't expect better from them :p.

Raiphi Gomez sounds awesome. Recommended by Sree and under Warney's watchful eye he very well could play for India. Just look at what happened to Jadeja after a season with Warne.

I'll promise you now, he won't be anything special.

Please make me eat my words. :upray

Can anyone confirm whether Laxman will be playing for the Deccan Chargers, because apparently he quit the team after the franchise stripping him of his captaincy without considering the contributions and sacrifices he made to the team.:(

Apparently the Chargers announced from 2009 season onwards the team will change its jersey(from dull beige-black to sparkling silver-blue), logo. :happy:happy

Edit: http://iampraveenknair.blogspot.com/2008/11/deccan-chargerss-new-logo.html

Mike Young as our Fielding coach :happy who else would you want!! woot

Last edited:
I hope Laxman is there. From what I heard, the new owners are huge Laxman fans and have assured him captaincy.

yeah I hope Lax plays and DC will remain bottom again. :rtfl

i was just reading the first few posts of this thread, and everyone was hating this IPl, and that they'll never watch it and it will destroy cricket, well 1 year on do people still feel that way?

Also will nearly every country be available for this season, coz looking at the tours program, only the west indies and england are playing any matches around then

I think at first there was a lot of hate towards IPL, but now it has settled down a bit. Brits might still hate it tho, I'm not sure. From everyone else it's been 50-50. (NOTE: from what I've seen, not the end all answer!)

Laxman is epic.

He wasn't even that bad. Had a strike rate in the 120s, captained decently, and got a few 50's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread