IPL Indian Premier League - General Discussion

The Indian Premier League...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting dilemma we could have here.

"Australia were due in the country for Test and limited-overs contests last year but they were postponed due to safety and security concerns. The series in Pakistan will severely limit the availability of Australia's one-day players from participating in the second Indian Premier League. "

Cricinfo - Pakistan on target for one-day series with Australia

Either Australia plays Pakistan and there will be no Aussie players in the IPL or Australia declines the offer, furthering ties between the boards. Let the drama commence?

Well I guess IPL is going to suck for me this year
you only watch cricket for players from your country (of origin)? come on man, good cricket is good cricket ...

Interesting dilemma we could have here.

"Australia were due in the country for Test and limited-overs contests last year but they were postponed due to safety and security concerns. The series in Pakistan will severely limit the availability of Australia's one-day players from participating in the second Indian Premier League. "

Cricinfo - Pakistan on target for one-day series with Australia

Either Australia plays Pakistan and there will be no Aussie players in the IPL or Australia declines the offer, furthering ties between the boards. Let the drama commence?
IPL: April 10th, 2009 to May 29th, 2009
Pak-Aus ODIs: April 24 to May 7

a little overlap, but more than enough time (before and after) to squeeze in a few matches for the Aussies ...

then again, I've had a good look at who is really affected by this in the IPL: ok, the inaugural MVP and Orange Cap holder may be missed, but there seems to be enough cover on all teams for when the Aussies are unavailable ...

My lineup for Kings XI. Too bad Lee is injured but we got Taylor :happy

Tanmay Srivastav
James Hopes
Sangakkara (WK)
Yuvraj Singh (C)
Luke Pomersbach
Uday Kaul
Irfan Pathan
Piyush Chawla
Sreesanth
Jerome Taylor
VRV Singh

What a crap side.

My lineup for MI

Sanath
Sachin(C)
Dhawan
JP Duminy
Bravo/Napier
Nayar
Takawale(WK)
Harbhajan
Zaheer
Mills
Dhaval Kulkarni

We are a good side but you never know..

You just need openors to fire.

Well yeah if Sanath is on song they no one can stop him. But even Dhawan opens the batting so he can come in also and even the Takawale can open. So we have the hitters in the middle with Nayar and Bravo or Napier .

shantanu_rooney added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Tanmay Srivastav
James Hopes
Sangakkara (WK)
Yuvraj Singh (C)
Luke Pomersbach
Uday Kaul
Irfan Pathan
Piyush Chawla
Sreesanth
Jerome Taylor
VRV Singh

What a crap side.

What happened to Marsh? he would be good in place of Hopes and even DR Smith was handy for the Mumbai Indians in some 2-3 matches taking 6 wickets and scoring some quick runs.

What happened to Marsh? he would be good in place of Hopes and even DR Smith was handy for the Mumbai Indians in some 2-3 matches taking 6 wickets and scoring some quick runs.

a) Aussies are not coming
b) Hes injured
c) Smith is < Hopes

a) Aussies are not coming
b) Hes injured
c) Smith is < Hopes

How come only Hopes and Luke are coming anyways..Punjab have to depend on Indian players a lot ..

shantanu_rooney added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

I am really praying Sreesanth doesnt get a wicket in the whole IPL. Because he is such a useless bowler.

Tanmay Srivastav
James Hopes
Sangakkara (WK)
Yuvraj Singh (C)
Luke Pomersbach
Uday Kaul
Irfan Pathan
Piyush Chawla
Sreesanth
Jerome Taylor
VRV Singh

What a crap side.

Uday Kaul <3 :D.

Posting for the billionth time but anyways -

Murali Vijay
Matthew Hayden - OS
Suresh Raina
MS Dhoni
Albie Morkel - OS
Andrew Flintoff - OS (1)
Subramanium Badrinath (Will move up the order in case of early wickets)
Lakshmipathy Balaji (2)
R Ashwin/Manpreet Gony
Sudeep Tyagi
Muttiah Mularitharan - OS

Honestly I don't think you can beat the mixture of that side. Solid batsman all the way through 7, all of them big hitters. An awesome opening combination of Hayden and Vijay, a middle order of steel, and 6 fantastic bowlers.

We're going to win this.

I have a disgusting feeling that we will play Patel instead of Vijay, though. :boxing

Also, Amarnath still being in the squad means that he still has a shot of playing. Oh god. We may even not play Murali, play Ashwin instead, and let Hussey open, just maybe. Instead of Ashwin or Gony in that team, I would be tempted to play Iceman. We have a great squad now, with awesome back ups.

Users who are viewing this thread