Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Anyone know what the lineup would've been like for SRH if Warner was there? Would Williamson have played?

Anyone know what the lineup would've been like for SRH if Warner was there? Would Williamson have played?
Probably wouldn't played as many matches as he did. Manish Pandey would've probably got the #3 spot, and maybe Hooda would play more. SRH are missing out big time not playing Hooda. I think he would be perfect at #5 with Shakib at 4. This guy can seriously bat but more likely Pathan will keep his place. He's been a decent finisher so far.

I'll say this again, SRH need to sort out their middle order issues before the playoffs or the team has less of a chance of winning the cup.

Probably wouldn't played as many matches as he did. Manish Pandey would've probably got the #3 spot, and maybe Hooda would play more. SRH are missing out big time not playing Hooda. I think he would be perfect at #5 with Shakib at 4. This guy can seriously bat but more likely Pathan will keep his place. He's been a decent finisher so far.

I'll say this again, SRH need to sort out their middle order issues before the playoffs or the team has less of a chance of winning the cup.

I don't think Williamson would've played with Warner around. What's more puzzling is the price he's been paid compared to people like Maxwell. SRH are a value for money team.. Bhuvi for 8.5 crore is just ridiculous. MI got Bumrah for 7 which again is stupendous but they go about paying people like Pollard 5-6 crore.

I think the place where SRH are losing out is the keeper batsman. I really think they should've called someone like Mushfiqur Rahim for Stanlake. Put KW up top with Dhawan and Mushfiq in the middle with Hooda replacing Saha.

Dhawan
Williamson
Pandey
Mushfiqur
Shakib
Hooda
Pathan
Rashid
Sandeep
Bhuvi
Kaul

But, this ship has now sailed.

It amazes me how people are reacting to Pant's knock while he was really pathetic with how he went through his innings. He did analyse the strength and weaknesses of SRH bowlers before the match but someone must tell him that only coordination between players will win them the match. Running out the players from one end and scoring a patchy 100 from the other end doesn't make him a player to look out for. There are much better players like SKY, KL Rahul etc...

SRH has the best team management in the IPL for the past couple of years. They have been building a value for money squad and not spending much on big names but giving importance to talented players. There are no players like Mitchell Starc, ABD, Kohli, Gayle etc.. But still that team performs in any situation. Only concern for them is Manish Pandey who is a good player under rough patchy career. SRH is the complete squad according to my knowledge.

It amazes me how people are reacting to Pant's knock while he was really pathetic with how he went through his innings. He did analyse the strength and weaknesses of SRH bowlers before the match but someone must tell him that only coordination between players will win them the match. Running out the players from one end and scoring a patchy 100 from the other end doesn't make him a player to look out for. There are much better players like SKY, KL Rahul etc...

SRH has the best team management in the IPL for the past couple of years. They have been building a value for money squad and not spending much on big names but giving importance to talented players. There are no players like Mitchell Starc, ABD, Kohli, Gayle etc.. But still that team performs in any situation. Only concern for them is Manish Pandey who is a good player under rough patchy career. SRH is the complete squad according to my knowledge.
Oh come on! Yes there are other players out there but the others do not have to carry the burden of the entire team as Pant and Iyer are doing match after match. Disregarding the brilliant knock no matter how he built his innings is really a big insult. He now has the highest score by an Indian in IPL and that itself is a big achievement. I have seen people complain about how his technique is and how he has to improve it, remember even DHONI did not have an orthodox technique when he came, people criticized him as well for that but his technique made a name for itself. Give the guy some credit. Co-ordination between players will obviously win them matches but the Delhi team has not performed as a team. Iyer and Pant are carrying them to whatever they are scoring and Shaw in few innings. Also the guy played with a strike rate of 203 so I would give him some slack. If it was a Rohit or Dhoni or Raina or Kohli playing this knock the entire world would go gaga about their inning.

Give the guy the guy credit where its due.

Oh come on! Yes there are other players out there but the others do not have to carry the burden of the entire team as Pant and Iyer are doing match after match. Disregarding the brilliant knock no matter how he built his innings is really a big insult. He now has the highest score by an Indian in IPL and that itself is a big achievement. I have seen people complain about how his technique is and how he has to improve it, remember even DHONI did not have an orthodox technique when he came, people criticized him as well for that but his technique made a name for itself. Give the guy some credit. Co-ordination between players will obviously win them matches but the Delhi team has not performed as a team. Iyer and Pant are carrying them to whatever they are scoring and Shaw in few innings. Also the guy played with a strike rate of 203 so I would give him some slack. If it was a Rohit or Dhoni or Raina or Kohli playing this knock the entire world would go gaga about their inning.

Give the guy the guy credit where its due.
The first half (his innings before scoring 50) was really patchy. He was messing up the things around. Yes, Iyer and Pant are carrying the whole DD lineup all alone, that is how they make the mark. They were noticed and are being noticed and identified by many of the fans like us due to their performance. Again, the one man show might work in IPL but not in international stage. That is where India is lacking behind by putting all the burden on Virat and if Virat fail, the whole batting unit fails. That shouldn't be the case with the young talent like Pant. He should build a good co-ordibation with the fellow batsman and that is how they perform as a team.

I don't mind if they have good technique or not. Mind you, Rahul had a very poor technique which he improved after joining RCB in 2016. That guy is a good example of how a player can improve with the help of the experienced players in the team. Pant can learn from his seniors if he wants to. Technique will automatically improve.

Well, it's surprising to see people undermining Pant only because he isn't technically sound. A guy with a SR in excess of 200 after facing 60 balls is still being criticized because "he looks ugly" while batting. And it's has not been just one innings. He has scored 400+ runs in this edition at a SR of close of 150 if I'm not wrong. If this doesn't warrant credit, I don't know what will.

I'm not saying he will set the stadium on fire in International matches. I get it, there's a whole lot of difference between playing in IPL versus an International match. The bowling is bound to be more challenging. But what I fail to understand is he just doesn't seem to be getting the appreciation that he deserves.

There seems a little dew lurking around, so I am not feeling confident of the total CSK has set. Hope their bowlers continue from where they left off against RCB in that last game. Surprised that Ngidi is dropped so quickly. Billings was totally off the timing today. He was not middling even the full tosses. Could have sent Bravo or Willey instead of Billings.

I would say Dhoni should open with Jadeja against Buttler and try to knock him out early. If Buttler gets going, this could be done in 18-19 overs

@SaiSrini Billings to bat after the blokes you mentioned? Don't expect this from you. He's a proper batsman and he's been on the bench for a while.. He absolutely batted in the right spot. You need to back people and give them a rope otherwise you're just Kohli.

Shane Warne is the Dr.Frankenstein of cricket. Stokes opening? Rahane barely manages 120 in the power play, god knows what he will do in the middle overs!

And you will not ever be confident even if CSK make 300. It's human nature.

Lack of cricketing sense is baffling. Buttler is going at one end and RR think it's better to go at each end rather than give Jos the strike.

Thank you luck for staying with CSK till some games earlier, and making CSK look like a good team. This is a way below average team, that is in this position ONLY DUE TO LUCK!!! Dropping catches left, right and centre. Giving easy hittable balls despite getting smashed all over. Its just the pitch and Rajasthan that took this game to the penultimate ball. To me, this should've been over in the 19th over. And Sam Billings to me, should take the blame for the way he batted. His innings was the one that did not give CSK 10 more runs in the end, which might have been a winning total (despite our poor bowling)

@SaiSrini Billings to bat after the blokes you mentioned? Don't expect this from you. He's a proper batsman and he's been on the bench for a while.. He absolutely batted in the right spot. You need to back people and give them a rope otherwise you're just Kohli.

Shane Warne is the Dr.Frankenstein of cricket. Stokes opening? Rahane barely manages 120 in the power play, god knows what he will do in the middle overs!

And you will not ever be confident even if CSK make 300. It's human nature.

Billings, after that one off fluke performance against KKR, has been horrendously pathetic. I wonder why he even came back into the XI for this game. Was Ngidi sick or forced to sit out that made Billings return? If Ngidi was dropped, it is the most ridiculous decision ever from CSK!

-----

If CSK are made to play the Eliminator, that should be their last game of this season. But I have a feeling CSK will be more than happy if they just make the playoffs, with this kind of bowling.

I can't understand why Dhoni keeps throwing the bowlers under the bus. You know you will be part of CSK when the auctions happened. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING on that table, not going harder at better bowlers? You even wasted 6.5 crores by NOT USING it. Now, you cant just keep throwing the bowlers and fielders under the bus.

You should take the blame for the way you selected the squad in the auction. This season, luck has helped CSK be in this position. Next year and the year later, the team grows a year and more older. For an already "over aged" team, you wonder how are they going to perform.

You're just carried away with your emotions. Dhoni had an off day. He dropped the most crucial catch and his choice of bowlers was mind boggling to say the least. CSK are a top class team and yes, their bowling is their weak link but every team has their weaknesses. And pardon me, but to term every brilliant performance as a fluke just because today someone didn't perform is just sore from your side.

Users who are viewing this thread