Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Last time when both orange and purple caps were worn by the players of the same team - (Hussey and Bravo) 2013 - MI Won the title.
Last time when David Warner won the orange cap - 2015 - MI Won the title.
2017 - Warner and Bhuvi of SRH hold the caps. IYKWIM
Last 3 times MI played RPS...

IYKWIM

Early troubles for MI.That was an absolute ripper of a catch from unadakat.VIVO perfect catch of the season.

Terrible leakage of runs from both Ferguson and Zampa. They've undone the brilliant work that Unadkat, Sundar and Thakur did in the first 5 overs. 5 overs for 16 runs, and then the next two overs for 25 runs!!! :mad

Terrible leakage of runs from both Ferguson and Zampa. They've undone the brilliant work that Unadkat, Sundar and Thakur did in the first 5 overs. 5 overs for 16 runs, and then the next two overs for 25 runs!!! :mad

Have some mercy dude. I'm in no mood to see RPS chasing 110. I want to see 170-180 chased in the last over.

Have some mercy dude. I'm in no mood to see RPS chasing 110. I want to see 170-180 chased in the last over.

I doubt this is a 170-180 pitch. More like 130-140'ish. RPS needs to keep MI down to 110-120 if they want to feel good about chasing it.

Damn !! It appears that MI has brought the curse of the pitch from Bengaluru, all the way to Hyderabad!! 5 down under 60 with 9 overs to spare! Cakewalk for RPS? :p

I doubt this is a 170-180 pitch. More like 130-140'ish. RPS needs to keep MI down to 110-120 if they want to feel good about chasing it.
This isnt a 130-140 pitch, Mumbai is just playing awfully. There seems no strategy at all.

So an Aussie captain is going to have 4-0 on indians in India? 75/5 from 13. Seems very possible!! :lol .,...... And there goes another! 78/6

This isnt a 130-140 pitch, Mumbai is just playing awfully. There seems no strategy at all.

No. This pitch is slow and is the kind where you bowl cutters and vary your pace. Its clear while watching the game live. This is indeed a 130-140 pitch and if Mumbai can somehow get to 130+, they should not feel too bad about it. 140+ and MI will actually feel happy.

But so far, it looks like MI might not even touch 100. And there goes one more.... run out!

Can't recall a more boring set of playoff's. Suits this season. Most underwhelming IMO.

Great show from Krunal Pandya! Could prove to be match winning, seeing the way this wicket is playing.

Pune have let this go! Could have nailed them below 100. Now we are looking at a possible 135-140 score. Damn! Smith should have bowled Thakur in that last over. Christian leaked runs in the 18th over and Thakur has bowled his two overs very tightly (only 7 runs)

No. This pitch is slow and is the kind where you bowl cutters and vary your pace. Its clear while watching the game live. This is indeed a 130-140 pitch and if Mumbai can somehow get to 130+, they should not feel too bad about it. 140+ and MI will actually feel happy.

But so far, it looks like MI might not even touch 100. And there goes one more.... run out!

If you see the way Krunal batted, if Mumbai batsman showed more patience and apt, I am pretty sure this 130 score would have been 160 easily.

If you see the way Krunal batted, if Mumbai batsman showed more patience and apt, I am pretty sure this 130 score would have been 160 easily.

Not sure if you are attempting a reverse jinx here:p, but if you saw the last game between these two sides (Qualifier 1), Pune looked really bad at 121 after 18 overs. But Dhoni and Tiwary smashed 41 in 2 overs to lift to 162 and then it was too much. This Hyderabad pitch looks even slower and MI have Karn Sharma, the pace variations of Malinga, Krunal Pandya's spin. Maybe they could have picked Harbhajan, who would have been very useful here but still they have the firepower to go down the wire (and maybe even win).

I am rating this at 55-45 in favor of Pune. And that's good for MI.

RPS bowlers really bowled well and kept MI under 130. I was expecting from RPS bowlers to restrict them under 110. But poor bowling in the death caused them 10-15+ runs.

I think S Thakur should've been given at least another over. Specially after when Dan Christian was nailed in his second last over.

It's a decent score. RPS just need to keep calm and just need to focus on the trophy.

To me this pitch is not that bad. It's 150-170 pitch.

I hate to be harsh on the umpires, but the umpiring this IPL has been atrocious. Hopefully that LBW doesn't affect the outcome of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread