Indian Premier League PC Style

IPL.png

Season III

First, I'd like to thank all the managers from the previous season for their support. You guys got the lineups in, we got the season moving. So, thank you for being so active. Fenil and Sahil leave us and I thank them for being there. Hopefully, they will come back in future. There are no new additions as of now as far as managers are concerned. But, we have 3 in the waiting list and I hope I'll be able to provide them with teams in future.

For season III, there are some new things I've thought of/planned. First, for the shuffle, I think I am going to go with what we did in season II. Players release and a mini draft. So, here is how it will work. Out of 7 OS players, each team can retain only 2 players and out of 11 Indian players, each team can retain only 6 players. Earlier I was planning an expansion and thought of adding 2 new teams to make it a 10 teams competition but, most of the current managers don't want a re-draft so I think this is fair. Now, this puts an expansion out of the window for at least 2-3 more seasons as this draft will mean new look squads for all the teams. This would also mean we won't have to do more drafts for season IV and a trading window will be enough then. For those in the waiting list/wanting a team, I would suggest asking the current owners for being co owners or wait till a new spot opens up.​

Other planned additions include:

1. An IPL XI at the end of the season selected on the basis of points the players score throughout the tournament (Note: For explanation on points see below). We might also have an IPL XI v Other leagues XI series which will depend when the season concludes.

2. Manager of the season award. This is something which will be implemented from this season onwards to appreciate the managers for all their hard work. It will also bring a small amount of vcash prize along with it. The criteria for this is vast but, in brief let me explain it. Managers' job doesn't just end by posting the lineups. There is more to it. Post match comments, activity, various press release posts, etc. will matter. This award shall be the most prestigious award of the IPL PC Style from now on and it will only go to the deserving manager(s).

3. Fantasy Cricket. Yes, it will be a lot of work for me but, I think this will make the league that much more entertaining for you people. Anyone and everyone can enter it and you will only have to select an XI from all the 8 teams. Every now and then, there will be an FC update say after every 3 rounds. Now, the points. The players' performances will earn them the points. Here is how the points will be given -​

Every run scored = 1 point
Solo wicket = 25 points
Assisted wicket = 15 points

- 20, 30, 40 and 50 bonus points for scoring 50, 75, 100 and 125+ runs respectively.
- 10, 20, 40 and 50 bonus points for taking 2, 3, 4 and 5+ wickets respectively.

These points scored will also determine who gets in the IPL XI at the end of the season.

Now, I'd request the managers to post the players which they want to retain so we can get the things moving. Chennai have already released one player in Sourav Ganguly who retires from the IPL.​

Last edited:
Locals retained:

1.MS Dhoni
2.Rohit Sharma
3.Irfan Pathan
4.Harbhajan Singh
5.Pragyan Ojha
6.Umesh Yadav

Imports retained:

1.Shane Watson
2.Morne Morkel

I like the idea which seems quite fair to all the managers and interesting too. :)

Locals Retained:

Virender Sehwag
Cheteshwar Pujara
Dinesh Karthik
Laxmi Shukla
Ramesh Powar
Sridharan Sriram

Overseas Retained:

Jacques Kallis
Lasith Malinga

garykirsten20114571114.jpg

Gary Kirsten announces the retained player list.

25th December, 2012, Bengaluru. Bengaluru BraveBrats coach, Gary Kirsten, just moments ago announced the players to be retained by the team in a press conference held today. The list marked the following players which were to be retained-

Overseas Players:
Michael Hussey
Shahid Afridi

Local Players:
Rahul Dravid
Saurabh Tiwary
Mohammad Kaif
Widdhiman Saha
Munaf Patel
Praveen Kumar

One would have not complained for Ajit Agarkar's exclusion from the list, given his form in the previous season, but what amazed people the most was Gayle's absence in the above mentioned list. To this, Kirsten replied, "It was certainly a tough choice between Gayle and Afridi. Gayle was in good form last season, but we had to pick Afridi over him given that he was our trump card in most matches in the previous season. He seems to be doing good in Pakistan as well with the domestic league going on there." He also added that Dravid was to play his last season, and they wished he played for his hometown.

Last edited:
The changes for next season look interesting.

CCL.png

Locals Retained:

Hemang Badani
Robin Uthappa
Suresh Raina
Ravindra Jadeja
Ravichandran Ashwin
Vinay Kumar

Overseas Retained:

Shakib Al Hasan
Saeed Ajmal

Locals Retained -
Gautam Gambhir
Mandeep Singh
Unmukt Chand
Yuvraj Singh
Varun Aaron
Iqbal Abdulla

Overseas retained -
Tillakaratne Dilshan
Dale Steyn

to pick the Overseas was difficult between Dilshan and Jayawardene but in the end i have to give it to Dilshan because he can be a wk a promising batsman and a good bowler at times.

First & most of all , I am calm . :)
I have been visiting this thread for 3 seasons now . If you see I was the first to declare interset . It's not picture perfect when you don't manage a team & follow the thread . :(

Users who are viewing this thread