Indian tour of South Africa, December-January 2010/11

What will the result of the Test series be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
The Indian team really needs to work on its fitness. It's always the same players who are out injured. Sehwag, Gambhir and Zaheer (surprisingly he didn't break down this series). When Dhoni is able to juggle wicket keeping, batting and captaincy, why can't these guys just up their fitness levels? There's obviously a reason it's always them. It makes it very difficult to judge what our best XI is when there are always 3 or 4 players missing.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I think Sehwag, Gambhir, and Sachin would have played if not for the World Cup in less than a month.

----------

How did Piyush bowl today?

P

pcfan123

Didn't get to see the match but can someone tell me how Yusuf handled the short ball and if the Saffers tried to use it against him

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
He did well Mark he was silent until he got him self in the match.I think he was 42 runs of 44 balls and and then he once got set scored 60+ runs in 26 odd balls

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yusuf can turn around games like that with his hitting if he can stay in for quite sometime. Best thing is to remove him soon, or else you might be dead. Hope this turnaround in his fortunes are here to stay, especially in the World Cup. He can win a World Cup on his own if his form stays.

Munaf picked 3 wkts today. This is his series scoreline

Mat: 5
Wkts: 11
BB: 4/29
ECO: 5.02
SR: 22.3

A very good series considering Munaf's standards. He is India's highest wicket taker and has had a good series (he is behind Tsotbe and Morkel only). Munaf should be our third seamer in the WC after Zaheer and Praveen. Nehra should not play. Munaf will be good for the end overs where he bowls line and length. Praveen should complete most of his overs at the beginning. Zaheer and Munaf will do well near the end.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pathan certain adds that x-factor at 7 which not too many teams have this year. At full strength that Indian batting lineup is looking dangerous as usual.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Yeah but i think they should be more consistent if they want to win the world cup because there are 3 knock out matches one collapse can cause them damage

Params7

International Cricketer
Didn't get to see the match but can someone tell me how Yusuf handled the short ball and if the Saffers tried to use it against him

When I opened the stream on willow.TV the first ball I saw being bowled was an extremely short ball by Tsotsobe which Yusuf striked for 2nd 6 in the over and celebrated his 100.

P

pcfan123

He must have really improved though cause I remember him being bullied very easily by short stuff in the IPL.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
That's second time around that Africans thrashed by only one player in 2 series.I think they should plan for every player.Last time Razzaq snatched the game single handedly and this time Yusuf was about to repeat that knock.Concerns for the coaching staff

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I guess this was Kirsten's final coaching assignment with India for a bilateral series. The World Cup is going to be his last India coaching assignment. WE WILL MISS YOU, GARY!!! He has helped us become No.1 in tests and be in and out of No.1 in ODI's too. Brilliant coach, I rate him higher than John Wright. Whoever replaces (most likely Stephen Fleming) will have a tough job to fill. Fleming will be easy because he already shares a close rapport with the captain, Dhoni.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
South Africans were almost had another Razzaq done to them :D. Irrespective of the result, this has been a very solid tour for India. They drew a tough fought test series that most here (including me) believed was to be dominated by hosts. They gave the saffers run for their money in ODIs in conditions which least suited them bar some help for spinners. India and South Africa from here on are two of top contenders for World cup. India have to ensure they are not victims of home crow expectation and South Africa have to handle pressure better.

coolz_hari

International Coach
Pathan certain adds that x-factor at 7 which not too many teams have this year. At full strength that Indian batting lineup is looking dangerous as usual.

I think except Zaheer rest of the bowlers doesnt show consistancy .Indians should take bold decisions in choosing top 11 in WC .Bajji isn't in good form so as Dhoni . If bajji fails Aswin must be given a chance

stefan

International Coach
Morkel really needs to stop bowling no balls, that could have really cost us. If zaheer went then like he should have none of the pathan magic happens.

Still happy with the win but disappointed tahir never got a game. Smith says they didn't want to show him to the indias. Lets see if that's true.

Concerning kirsten I really hope he is the next SA coach post wc.

Users who are viewing this thread