India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Last week both the teams confirmed their squad so I thought of making a new thread.

Fixtures:
Only Test: 10-14 June at Fastullah

1st ODI: 18th June at Mirpur
2nd ODI: 21st June at Mirpur
3rd ODI: 24th June at Mirpur

Squads:
:ban: Bangladesh

ODI: Bangladesh Test Squad | India in Bangladesh Test Match, 2015 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo
TEST: TBD

:ind: India

ODI: India One-Day Squad | India in Bangladesh ODI Series, 2015 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo

TEST: India Test Squad | India in Bangladesh Test Match, 2015 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo

Last edited:
My XI for the only Test:

1. Murali Vijay
2. KL Rahul
3. Cheteshwar Pujara
4. Virat Kohli*
5. Ajinkya Rahane
6. Wriddhiman Saha†
7. Ravichandran Ashwin
8. Bhuvneshwar Kumar
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. Karn Sharma
11. Umesh Yadav

Just realized typing up the XI - where the fearsome tweak is Shami? Our best bowler in Australia? Nonetheless, let me explain a few contentions some might have with my XI.

Pujara (I don't expect this to be any sort of contention but I think this needs some 'splaining) - Dropped in the final Test vs Australia and I believe it was done to keep him in line, which it has done, he's gone back to County cricket and found some form in the 1st division.

rWiCaTm.png

6q3dyTi.png

Ashwin - either Ashwin needs to be dropped and Bhaji brought in (not because he's better, but to keep him in line - while dropping him in the 1st Test vs Australia was a mistake, it was the right decision, because if we can say 1 bad thing about Dhoni's leadership it's the comfortable nature in which he seems to treat players which often becomes a negative as seen with Jadeja and I strongly believe that won't be the case with Kohli) or you do what I've done and simply embrace his batting and start treating him as an all-rounder, a true all-rounder and hope to not do what we've done with Jadeja where he has completely abandoned his batting, strike a balance between the 2 and hopefully Bhaji in the playing XI alongside him will still get the desired result of option 1.

Bhuvi - was in and out of the side during Test series vs Australia because of injury so I wouldn't use that to cast him out the side and instead reintegrate him in the side based on his performances going as far back as a year before then.

Harbhajan Singh - Like I said in the portion dedicated to Ashwin, in there to put pressure on his fellow off spin bowler.

Karn Sharma - Though not convinced with his ability to bowl in the long form (his FC record isn't really convincing), the selectors clearly are and I like a 3 spin attack for our Tests in Asia.

Umesh Yadav - Shami would've been in place had he been in the squad, not sure why he isn't, but regardless of that, I simply prefer Umesh's pace and very little control to Aaron's pace and no control, and then we have Ishant, who to even speak about is beyond beating a dead horse at this point, so I won't say anything more except that I know he'll end up playing. :rolleyes

After looking at the current form, I'd keep a different, completely different line-up.

Ajinkya Rahane
Virat Kohli
Rohit Sharma
Cheteshwar Pujara
KL Rahul
Wriddaman Saha
Harbhajan Singh
Ravi Ashwin
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Umesh Yadav
Varun Aaron.

This series is senseless. The Indian team is playing continuous cricket from November test series, world cup, IPl... Give them some rest, BCCI.

Manish Pandey should get a call I reckon he's at the age where he will be firing so I think he should get the call up, but I don't see that happening.

Recent years Bangla doing miracles in there home... Hope India will play well in Bangladesh...

hami would've been in place had he been in the squad, not sure why he isn't
I read it now, Bro Shami hadn't recovered yet.

Well, this series isn't really useful for the Indian Cricket side apart from giving the young side confidence and building a team unity. The young indian side should aim to beat Bangladesh easily and to set in a mood of enthusiasm and strong bonds of unity throughout this series. This series is especially good for Virat Kohli as he would gain some experience in captaining a test side. The BCCI is giving a chance to Harbhajan Singh who has not played a international test match for 2 years which is good but they should even give a chance to players such as Gautam Gambhir and Yuvraj Singh who are well experienced players of the game.

Dhawan
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Saha
Ashwin
Harbhajan
Yadav
Aaron

I feel Bhuvi will not find ant help from the surface, and we may as well just look to beat B'desh with pure pace.

I would normally not care much about a series against B'desh. However B'desh have shown some very big improvement off late but above all it so feels like the start of a new era in Indian tests.

You can't just drop Pujara from the test team especially after he has shown he has gained some form back in that county stint. Also very crucial test for Harbhajan Singh. He needs to out bowl Ashwin in this test match to stay in the squad for the next series.

Users who are viewing this thread