abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
just pointing at the general attitude of the Indian team and the supporters alike

Bangladesh worthy of full-strength squad - Raina | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

This was before the series started ! Not quite sure what malice you saw in this?

This despite the fact that BD was no.8 on the rankings while India was no.3-4 I think. Shows immense respect for the opposition

And about the supporters, cant really point fingers at one lot because there are bad eggs in every team's supporter :) And if I remember correctly, only one person in this whole thread called this series a waste of time.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Way to go, Bangladesh!! They were so impressive in World Cup & they continue to do so. Hope they head in right directions to the top spot like teams like Sri Lanka way back in 1995s.

Overconfidence brought India down, no doubts in that. I wish a whitewash to get some serious lessons learned!

PokerAce

Banned
If I'm not wrong, several members here termed this series as a waste of time.

Yes in the larger context the ODI series is a waste of time. Even a two test series would have been better than the one off test and 3 ODIs. Still Bangladesh played well and totally outclassed India. So well done.

----------------------------
Heard MSD has made some big comments in the media interaction.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
i think now star sports have learned their lesson

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Way to go, Bangladesh!! They were so impressive in World Cup & they continue to do so. Hope they head in right directions to the top spot like teams like Sri Lanka way back in 1995s.

Overconfidence brought India down, no doubts in that. I wish a whitewash to get some serious lessons learned!
I was thinking the same. :D

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Over-Confidence brings such results.... I would suggest indian experts and fans that don't make Virat another Sachin so early. You need to focus on your cricket rather than showing yourself a filmy hero. Fantastic win by Bangladesh. Amazing victory something not very believable but life came up with surprizes...

War

Chairman of Selectors
For world cricket competitiveness sake it would nice if BANGs WC QF win over ENG, plus these two back-to-back home series wins vs PAK & IND is the real sign of them stepping up at least in ODIs, because their test cricket still has been poor/average in the midst of these wins.

That bowling attack of the 4 quicks + Sakib also is probably the most potent, balanced & variety based unit BANG have fielded in their international history tp date.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Binny in. Yadav Back in.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
The worse part is it happened to one of the most decent person i know, he belongs to my hometown.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The thing is today was the first time in the whole series, it looked like we played close to our potential. Our bowling was still not up to the mark but at least there was some discipline. Our best batsman didn't fire in any of the matches which is also a reason why we struggled. I also think we missed Shami who is our premium ODI bowler. Dhawal Kulkarni has basically pushed Bhuvneshwar Kumar out of the team. It is amazing how Bhuvi has lost his zip so quickly and is not getting any wickets upfront. It was important to notice what Dhoni said in the presentation ceremony. "This win is good, but we need to make a decision if we want quick bowlers or if we want good bowlers even if they are not quick. We have been backing too many quick bowlers who haven't been bowling well." This is an exact opposite to what Kohli wants in the test team where he has both Aaron, Yadav in the lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread