Your Cricket Indoor Cricket

Simon, go to wiki and type in indoor cricket - they have a picture of an indoor cricket game.

Thanks Tom i shall do that!

EDIT:Rather different to what i expected!

Legside shots can be harsh, its T20 style really, for its aggresion etc.

indoor season started a few weeks back so ill give a personal run-down

week 1 was not good, finished the night on -10
i had to miss weeks 2 & 3 due to an elbow injury sustained playing rugby
week 4 i had probably the game of my life, finishing with a personal best of +27 (went for -1 in my bowling on top of my 26 batting runs)
week 5 was a free week for us
and tonight is week 6 where i am hoping to help the team to a win
we actually tied week 4, which is one of the rarer things to happen in indoor cricket lol
and as for playing for ipswich (above), my mate got the spot in the team which makes sense coz he is better than me...

ps i know the stats because the captain/organiser sends them out once he's put them in excel

Last edited:
I play indoor our team lost our first 6 games yet we came be back and made it into the semi's and than losed against the top team

Now played about 7 games this year:
83 runs off the bat, gone for 50 runs with the ball leaving me +33 with an average of 4.71, 5th in the team

you need a box and thats it. when i went to aus i played in a team. they have bats. you dont wear pads and helmet.

the only requirement in our league is you have to wear one glove, box optional

subs are £4 a week

Alright then guys, I thought I'd share some pretty damn good news with all of you:

Basically, a bunch of guys from school started an Indoor team which plays on Sundays. Our name is (cleverly) Brad Men, but that is irrelevant really.
A fortnight ago, our umpire was a small lady, with a Geordie accent (again, irrelevant, but hey) who came up to me (& a couple of the other guys) at the end of the game and uttered the words: "Would you be interested in a trial for England U19s?" I almost laughed in her face, not quite able to comprehend what she was asking, and said, "Hell yeah!". So we passed over our phone numbers and D.O.B.s and she umpired for us again on Sunday night, and declared her love for our 'raw passion' for the game. We didn't win again, but we celebrated every wicket like the first, which she obviously liked.

ANYway, whilst I was watching the crap at Portman Road tonight, she rang my home, and my mum picked up and had a chat with her. She reckons I have a "very, very good chance" of making the England squad, and that I should go down to the stadium on Saturday to meet the Coach and the Manager to introduce myself. Shortly afterwards, the Manager himself rang, and said that I should definitely go down and meet him because he has heard good things about me.

To sum up: I could be playing for England U19s in the 2009 Indoor Cricket World Cup in Australia.

:):):)

Alright then guys, I thought I'd share some pretty damn good news with all of you:

Basically, a bunch of guys from school started an Indoor team which plays on Sundays. Our name is (cleverly) Brad Men, but that is irrelevant really.
A fortnight ago, our umpire was a small lady, with a Geordie accent (again, irrelevant, but hey) who came up to me (& a couple of the other guys) at the end of the game and uttered the words: "Would you be interested in a trial for England U19s?" I almost laughed in her face, not quite able to comprehend what she was asking, and said, "Hell yeah!". So we passed over our phone numbers and D.O.B.s and she umpired for us again on Sunday night, and declared her love for our 'raw passion' for the game. We didn't win again, but we celebrated every wicket like the first, which she obviously liked.

ANYway, whilst I was watching the crap at Portman Road tonight, she rang my home, and my mum picked up and had a chat with her. She reckons I have a "very, very good chance" of making the England squad, and that I should go down to the stadium on Saturday to meet the Coach and the Manager to introduce myself. Shortly afterwards, the Manager himself rang, and said that I should definitely go down and meet him because he has heard good things about me.

To sum up: I could be playing for England U19s in the 2009 Indoor Cricket World Cup in Australia.

:):):)

Congrats. It would be awesome if you made it.

Ive seen the Aus side... you would be owned :p

New season starting next week for me as outdoor is coming to an end

Users who are viewing this thread