IPL Question

What are you?

• Total voters

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lets find out how many members outside India like IPL. I expect all Aussie and English members to vote negative. :p

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is this for Indian members as well?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hasn't washed with me. Started it with an open mind, quickly came to hate it.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Too many matches, haven't got any problems with the actual cricket but find it all a bit disorganised and hard to follow, plus Setanta haven't really helped it's coverage over here.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I'm the same as Lee, thought it was OK at the start, quickly got boring, lacks the tactical depth that the UK Twenty20 Cup has, it's completely dominated by the batsmen, only the real top bowlers (Warne) have had luck with the ball, and most of the wickets have come from batsmen error as opposed to bowler skill, with exceptions of course. I just don't find it particularly entertaining. I find a One Day International or a Test Match far more entertaining, tactical cricket is far better to watch.

.Mob

International Coach
You're having a laugh, there has been some great bowling also. For example Sree vs Bangalore, his first over was devastating.

Last edited:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
English members seem to have a problem with the Indian version of T20 but they claim that their version of it is "tactically superior".

Very English-like attitude. ;)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Banglore defended 127 runs. If thats not bowler friendly then what is?

ankittyagi

School Cricketer
Sohail Tanveer ..

The bowling of sohail tanveer has shown that if that there is enuff scope for bowlers to perform as well ..

besides there have been 3 hat-tricks already .. and u call it heavily biased towards the batsmen :rolleyes:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Never followed it. Me not having Setanta didn't help but there are much more interesting things for me to pay attention to such as the closing stages of the Football season. Too many matches in my opinion and why would I be interested in an Indian Domestic competition? Even if English players were involved I wouldn't care since it's Indian teams playing one anther rather than an International contest.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
English members seem to have a problem with the Indian version of T20 but they claim that their version of it is "tactically superior".

Very English-like attitude. ;)

No, it's truth, the quality of cricket in the Twenty20 Cup will be far, far superior to the IPL. Granted, this is the IPL's first season.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not sure about the quality of cricket being far, far superior in the Twenty20 Cup than in the IPL, but I guess the Champions Twenty20 League will settle some arguements

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
I agree with these English members, England T20 Championship owns IPL as IPL's schedule is too dense and too long. Also it is filled with too much glamor which diverts your attention from cricket. And set max coverage is not good at all, the rights should have gone to ESPN-STAR or TEN Sports.

BTW, Champions T20 league will be great! I think the Bushrangers has a good chance of winning

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Can anyone tell me what are that secret tactics that T20 in England use but their national team forgets.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Can anyone tell me what are that secret tactics that T20 in England use but their national team forgets.

We have the habit of selecting our Test/ODI players for T20, not our best domestic T20 players.

Users who are viewing this thread