IPL Question

What are you?

• Total voters

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Personally I would love to watch KP and Strauss playing test matches more than IPL any day. ;)

Hope My vote counts Sid as I am out of India for now. :P
I think there is a fair amount of over-hyping going on. Anyone who thinks IPL will surpass Test cricket will be proved wrong in the long run.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I agree that tradition is important.

But not at the cost of progress.

I also don't like the IPL's usage of local talent at the moment. I think it should be that local players from one region should play only in that city's team and not for a different side.

I also don't like the IPL auction. I guess the players should be free to choose their contract if approached by several teams.

So in that way I agree with the English members.

.Mob

International Coach
Exactly, that's exactly why it is just a money fest. Common sense could have prevailed and the players could have played for their regionals sides. But having an auction would make the teams fight over players and bring more money into the league.

It is inevitable that Test cricket will progress, but this is just greed.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Kev, your points are well taken.

I think the tournament has gone on too long as well, but unless they want to split it into two groups, this is what is going to happen. They could probably have more double-match days to rectify the problem.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I think there is a fair amount of over-hyping going on. Anyone who thinks IPL will surpass Test cricket will be proved wrong in the long run.

It is insanity to believe that T20 will ever overtake Test cricket.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
It is insanity to believe that T20 will ever overtake Test cricket.

Who said that anyways. Its just imagination of some members who fell threatned by T20 for some weird reason.

Test cricket Zindabad. ;)

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well all the best players in the world plays in IPL so I watch IPL all the time.
And english twenty20 cup is coming soon so we will have o find out if its going to be better then IPL

karnog

International Cricketer
To be honest i only watched a few games and that was because i was suffering from insomnia. I'm neutral to the IPL. I don't really like it as a whole because its twenty20 and well its not my cup of tea. But between IPL and the English twenty20 i'd pick IPL because its got the world star players and not only just the English stars. I like the idea of Smith, Warne and Tanvir playing alongside each other. Shrug i'm a purist. I love watching test cricket and enjoy ODIs (though to an extent).

Users who are viewing this thread