IPL - Transfer/Trade/Auction Thread

Now, wait a minute guys, didn't Dominic Thornely feature in today's auction? Yeah...I'm pretty sure he did. But WTF, i mean, i don't get it- he's already a part of the Mumbai Indians team, how come he has been again put to the auction?

Seems I'll be supporting the Royal Challengers Bangalore =). Not only do they have KP, but also Kallis, Steyn, Zaheer, Chanderpaul, Dravid, Ross Taylor and Misbah, good side that. Not exactly sure which of the 4 overseas players will play though, I'd probably go Steyn, Chanderpaul, Misbah and Pietersen personally.

Unlucky for Samit Patel and Luke Wright as well, couldn't get a team, was expecting Patel to get a team, but not Wright tbh, although he is a nifty T20 player.

Mumbai have bought best and expected players. In form players all Ashraful , JP and Mills all are great buys. YIPEE!!!!!:happy:happy:happy

Now, wait a minute guys, didn't Dominic Thornely feature in today's auction? Yeah...I'm pretty sure he did. But WTF, i mean, i don't get it- he's already a part of the Mumbai Indians team, how come he has been again put to the auction?

Thornley was released by the Mumbai Indians as he wasnt that good last season.

Seems I'll be supporting the Royal Challengers Bangalore =). Not only do they have KP, but also Kallis, Steyn, Zaheer, Chanderpaul, Dravid, Ross Taylor and Misbah, good side that. Not exactly sure which of the 4 overseas players will play though, I'd probably go Steyn, Chanderpaul, Misbah and Pietersen personally.

Unlucky for Samit Patel and Luke Wright as well, couldn't get a team, was expecting Patel to get a team, but not Wright tbh, although he is a nifty T20 player.

Well Misbah wont be coming as he isnt allowed to play in the IPl and Zaheer Khan will be playing for Mumbai as we swap him for Uthappa.

How come Shakib is unsold???:eek: He is a great batsman and good spinner too.

What a waste of an Auction. Shakib unsold, and the only player Rajasthan buys was the one player I labelled as 'A better behaved Shoaib Akthar with half the talent' when talking with a friend yesterday. Brilliant...

EDIT: It seems we got Tyron Henderson too. Yay!

Last edited:
Well here are Mumbai Indians' 10 International players for 2009 season.

Luke Ronchi (Australia)
Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka)
Dilhara Fernando (Sri Lanka)
Lasith Malinga (Sri Lanka)
Dwayne Bravo (West Indies)
Jean-Paul Duminy (South Africa)
Mohammad Ashraful (Bangladesh)
Kyle Mills (New Zealand)
Graham Napier (England)
Ryan McLaren (South Africa)

After the auction today I have decided to support the Delhi Daredevils. Last season the low standard of cricket and the lack of any notable Englishmen meant I didn't have much interest, but this season I am supporting Delhi because they have done some good business. Owais Shah and Paul Collingwood could have a bigger impact than Flintoff and Pietersen on the competition. They also have David Warner. :p

The Mumbai Indians have done the best overall.

Chennai Super Kings got Andrew Flintoff for $1.35mn and Banglore Royal Challengers got Pietersen for $1.35mn!

Last edited:
Yeah Mallya will party him every match he scores.
I really look forward to flintoff to win for us this season.Go CSK! Others have a life atleast.

Freddy will boost up CSK, but IPL should allow more than 4 overseas players to play in a match.

Users who are viewing this thread