Story Journey of the Assassins.

zainawan89

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
zzs2zs.gif

Here u will get to know about Assassins XI journey through battrick and Planetcricket competions.
Here is the shedule what will happen each day.
Monday: Sunday's Cup or friendly match review.
Tuesday: Training Update and Tour Through History
Wednesday: Player Profile and interview
Thursday: Friday's Match Lineups and Preview
Friday: League Match
Saturday: Friday's Match review + Sunday's match Preview
Suday: Friendly or Cup Match + youth pull(If worth mentioning)

Here is a little intro to squad.

1. Robert Hansen

LH Opening Batsman amd Wicket Keeper
What can be said about this player. He is heart and soul of Assassins. He has proved himself many times and have won matches for his team single handedly. Best player ever in Assassins history he is not only a good batsman but a realy good keeper. His work behind the stumps has done wonders for the team.

2. Mahmood Masood
RH Opening Batsman
One player with the team from day one. He has played many top class innings to be remembered as the one of the best player to play at Assassins Dome. He is feared by every opponent who remebers his fine knocks which are still nightmares for there bowlers.

3. Thomas Heath
RH Middle Order Batsman
And experienced one down player. He is still new at Assasins Dome. Only recently shifted here from his home country. He is well experienced to support his team in crises. If early wikets fall team can easily look at him to save the day.

4. Brian Holis
RH Middle Order Batsman
The most experienced player at Assassins Dome. He has played some good knocks to show that he can do wonders on his day. Another player to whome u can look in crises as he has proved many times in recent history,

5. Allan Ettiene
RH Middle order Batsman, RH Fast Medium Bowler
Wonderful player. And with his younge age he can do wonders for Assassins. He is good at steading the innings and taking quick wickets in last ten overs. He always score some runs and take almost atleast one wicket in every match. Can do wonders on his day.

6. Hemachandra Ibbrahim
RH Middle order Batsman, RH Fast Medium Bowler, Captain
Another really good all rounder, He is also new to the team and is recently shifted to Assassins Dome from his home country for more good opprotunities. He is also the new captain of the team.

7. Monis Haquani
LH Lower order Batsman
Another player on the team from day one. He is manily there to score quick runs in the death over and with good experience he do his job effectively.

8. Luke Short
RH Lower order Batsman
He also there to score some quick runs in the last overs. He is young He is aggresive and He likes to hit he is just like Afridi. He comes He hits and He goes thats his job.

9. Amir Akhlagullah
RH Spin Bowler
He is here at Assassins Dome from day one and has done his job fairly well. He is the lone spinner in the team and his main job is to stop the run flow in middle overs. And he do that pretty well.

10. Maurice Dickman
RH Fast Bowler
He is young. He is fast, He is enthuastic. He is the main strike bowler of the team. He opens the bowling with Sher Rahim. And with his pace and age he can do wonders. He have a bright future at Assassins Dome.

11. Sher Rahim
LH Medium Pace Bowler
What he lacks in Pace he can do with swing. Another strike bower of the team. He palys an important part in the wining of the team He has doen well all this season after he was promoted from our own youth acadmy at he end of last season.

12. Kevin Bernard
LH lower order Batsman
He is a decent lower order batsman. He is defensive and can stay on the wicket for long time to support the innings.

13. Mohtashim Jamil
RH lpwer order batsman Batsman
He is also a decent lower orde batsman. He comes into the first eleven against weak teams and where regualars need rest.

14. Daren Kewell
LH lower order Batsman, LH Fast Bowler
He is a mediocre type of all rounder. He also only comes into the team against weak teams if some regular one needs rest.

We will post From tommorrow.

Last edited:
Thursday July 6, 2006
League Match Preview Jeanz Vs Assassins XI
About Team:
Jeanz are the only good team in our league as all other teams are bots. At the moment they are top of the league winning all there league games this season. They are in good form. The manager of Jeanz fatal.error has done a good job in making this team a success. We could expect a good match.
History:
So far 4 matches have been played between these two teams with Jeanz leading 3-1. Last match was a friendly held a few weeks ago where Assassins XI narrowly defeated them.
Now each match in little more details.
On 14/4/06 in Assassins Dome on Hard and Fast Pitch these two teams met for the first time. Assassins after winning the toss elected to bat first and were all out for 204 in 46 overs. Jeanz chased that target easily 36 overs with Aail hitting 91* and Alvi making 60.
On 16/4/06 another match this time a friendly in Loosers are buried here was played on Green pitch. Assassins after winning the toss elected to field. Jeanz made 312 for 4 in 50 overs with centuries from Akhlagullah and Jahangir. In return Assassins were all out for 187. Noticeable thing was century from Mahmood who made 107 of 94 balls not out but his effort was not enough to guide his team home.
On 19/5/06 in Assassins Dome first match of this season between these two teams was played. On Green pitch Jeanz won the toss and elected to field. Assassins were all out for 143 with only Mahmood scoring 67 not out. Jeanz chased that target in 32 overs.
On 11/6/06 again in Assassins Dome but this time on dusty pitch these two teams faced each other. Jean after winning the toss elected to field. Assassins made 272 runs in there allotted 50 overs with Mahmood once again shining with 118 of 134 balls. Jeanz were then restricted to 245 all out in 49.2 overs with Naidoo getting 4 wickets.

Some Stats:
Highest Batting Average: Masood Mahmood of Assassins XI scoring 330 runs at an average of 165
Highest bowling Average: Hafeez Ramzam of Jeanz taking 9 wickets at an average of 13.7
Manager Thoughts:
Manager Zain Awan said ?I have full confidence in my team. I know that history goes against us but we are positive these guys are doing a wonderful job and I hope they will perform their best against there arch rivals. If Mahmood, Hansen, Naysmith and Naidoo perform according to there abilities then no one can stop us.?
Team Lineup:
Selectors have announced the team lineup for this important match. Bernard is back in the team replacing second choice wicket keeper Kewell.
Hansen (+)
Mahmood
Holis
Haquani
Jamil
Bernard
Mackintosh (b5)
Naidoo (b2)
Naysmith (b1)
Robinson (*) (b4)
Akhlagullah (b3)

Ground:
Jeanz have 18000 capacity ground. Pitch is looking Uneven so it will support seam bowlers.

Last edited:
Pity that you lost, and if you are going to play such a good team against me sunday, i will be on my guard

yea really he's got potentially destroying guys. specially Masood Mehmood is a hard nut for any team. i am the witness.
and he is quite keen in playing with stats and records everything.
just let him spend a little time on your team and he'll come up with those stats that even you wont notice. :D

voldemort said:
Pity that you lost, and if you are going to play such a good team against me sunday, i will be on my guard
yeah i will probably play the same team with only 1 or 2 changes but only problem is now that my Team fitness have dropped five levels with this GFI from energetic to fair.
fatal.error said:
yea really he's got potentially destroying guys. specially Masood Mehmood is a hard nut for any team. i am the witness.
and he is quite keen in playing with stats and records everything.
just let him spend a little time on your team and he'll come up with those stats that even you wont notice.
HAHA. That way u get some insight into other team and can plan like i did in friendly played at my place.

Pak crickter said:
For one second I thought you were talking about my 2 stars! Masood, and Mahmood!
No mate he absoultly no match for ur players.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday July 8, 2006
League Match Review Jeanz Vs Assassins XI
About Match:
League Match No. 9 between Jeanz and Assassins XI was held at Loosers are buried here on and uneven pitch under a some light clouds. After wining the toss Jeanz elected to field. Assassins XI started well but in 10th over there star opener Mahmood was bowled by Mathews for 19 runs when score was 43. Then disaster started. In next over there other opener Hansen was runout after scoring 19 runs. Haquani was then clean bowled for a golden duck by Hyron. Jamil was then bowled by Ayre leaving the score at 46/4. At that time Holis and Bernard steadied the innings. They batted next 20 overs taking there team score to 143 with a partnership of 97 runs. Bernard was then unfortunately out after scoring 41 runs. Holis stood there for whole innings but there was no one to support him on the other end. He got his team to 193 runs and then was stumped trying to smash spinner Jantjes out of the ground.
In bowling department our performance was not very good. There opener provided them with a good start. There first wicket fell on 28 when Longmead was lbw by Naidoo. Then for next 20 overs Akhlagulla, Mackintosh and Robinson were able to restrict them scoring freely and also taking few wickets. After 40 overs the req run rate was over 5 and 5 wickets were remaining. At that time our bowlers failed us. Some very good batting from Broomes and Ghani and some bad bowling from Robinson saw Jeanz achieve there target in 47 overs.
Scorecard:

1zcd5qr.jpg

Reporter?s Summary:

1zcdegz.jpg

MOTM: Broomes was MOTM for his excellent performance with the bat.

Manager?s Thoughts:
Zain Awan manager of Assassins XI spoke with press after the match. ?Well I am disappointed but our guys performed there best today on the field. Few unlucky things happened like losing the toss and batting first. Then our bowlers didn?t performed that well. But there were still few positives out of this match like I will especially praise Holis for his excellent innings under pressure. And some credit also goes to Bernard who justified his place in the team. I congratulate the manager of Jeanz fatal.error for his teams excellent performance this season and there promotion to div III which now looks certain. Good Luck to you mate.?

Last edited:
Saturday July 8, 2006
Friendly Match Preview Aura Vs Assassins XI
About Team:

Aura is a very good and talented team under the supervision of a talented manager voldemort. They are placed 3rd in there league with only losing 1 game this season. The top three teams in there league have same points and anyone can win there league. Aura have won last 8 games including two against there league leaders Electric Mayhem which shows there excellent performance. They have also brought in a talented guy Billy Alnwick who is performing really well for his team with both bat and bowl. His average with bat is above 85 and his bowling average is 6.8 this season. There best batsman this season is Wijenayake who is averaging 108. There best bowler apart from Anwick is Prasnna Polonowita averaging 9.09 with 22 wickets and best of 7/12.
History:
Only one match have been contested between these two teams before this which was won by Aura. That match was Zain Awan?s careers 3rd match. So obviously his team was not that good. Now that match in little more detail.
On 02/04/06 in Assassins Dome only match was played on Hard & Fast pitch between these two teams. Aura won the toss and elected to bat first and scored 336 for the lost of just 3 wickets. Illyas scored 88 runs of 104 balls. Wijenayake scored an unbeaten 104 of 80 balls and Duminda helped with 71 of 51 balls. In return Assassins XI were all out for 128 runs with only Haquani scoring 50 runs. Amranath took 3/4 in 3.1 overs.
Some Stats:
Highest Batting Average: Wijenayake of Aura scoring 104 runs
Highest Bowling Average: Amranath of Aura taking 3 wickets
Manager thoughts:
Assassins XI manager Zain Awan speaks about the match: ?Aura is a very good team under a very good manager. I am not looking for a win in this match but I want my team to give everything. Of course after yesterday?s lose to Jeanz team is not in right frame of mind but we will try to perform our best tomorrow to wash away some of the wounds from yesterday?s match.?
Team Lineup:
Selectors have announced the team lineup for this match. There is only one change after a bad performance from Seymour Robinson yesterday Amit Nazir is in to replace him. There is also a change in batting order Bernard will be coming above Jamil for this match.
Hansen (+)
Mahmood
Holis
Haquani
Bernard
Jamil
Mackintosh (b5)
Naidoo (b2)
Naysmith (b1)
Amit Nazir(*) (b4)
Akhlagullah (b3)
Ground:
Aura have a 15000 capacity stadium. Pitch will be dusty so there will be something for spinners.

Yes quite a lot has changed since, we two last met, illyas is no more in the team, wijenayake is alnwick are still the same, duminda has improved, amarnath is an old knight. You forgot Pat Cash, he is vital to my team, and simon dawson my batting all rounder. [ got them both from Zorax ] Fred Murray [ Kaif of my team ]

Anyway good presentation, keep it up.

I just included the players which were performed against me or who r performing now and r in ur league averages. Thanks for appreciation.

Monday July 10, 2006
Friendly Match Review Aura Vs Assassins XI
About Match:

A friendly match between Aura and Assassins XI was held at Aura CG on a dusty pitch. Assassins after wining the toss elected to bat first. They lost there first wicket when there star batsman Mahmood was bowled by Illangange for 23 runs when score was 41. Then came Holis the only batsman who scored against Jeanz on Friday. Hansen and Holis then build a partnership of 208 runs for 2nd wicket. Holis was unlucky to get out on 99 of 123 balls when team score was 249. Hansen continued his brilliant innings and scored an unbeaten 143 of 133 balls. Haquani was not out on 18 of 16 balls as Assassins XI scored 303-2 in there 50 overs.
Bowling once again disappointed for Assassins XI as Aura openers scored freely. Dharmasena was then out on 36 of 36 balls when score was 72. Naidoo got him. Then Alnwick and Wijenayake added 136 runs for 2nd wicket. Wijenayake was out on 98 of 93 balls and Alnwick was out on 87 of 102 balls. In last ten overs the required runrate reached 7.2 overs. But brilliant batting from Duminda and Baddegama give Aura a fantastic victory. Duminda scored unbeaten 49 of 51 balls and Baddegama 11 0f 10 balls as they reached the target in 48.3 overs.
Scorecard:

1zgdogl.jpg

Reporter?s Summary:

1zgdrom.jpg

MOTM: Wijenayake was MOTM for his excellent performance with the bat.

Manger?s Thoughts:
Manger Zain Awan said after the match in press conference ?I am really disappointed by my bowlers they did not perform according to requirements. We had an excellent chance to win when required runrate mounted to 7.2 but again our bowlers in last ten overs gave away too many runs. I will have to do something about this.?

Users who are viewing this thread