Story Journey of the Assassins.

Saturday January 6, 2007
PC Championship Match Preview Briggs Bullets Vs Assassins XI

About Team:
Briggs Bullets are the leader of the our division in PC championship. Although there Battrick league campaign is not going well where they finished 5th this season but they were untouchables in PC matches. Out of the 20 matches they played they only lost once against TT Lions a couple of weeks ago.

History:
Only one match has been played between these two teams and that was easily won by Briggs Bullets.

On 2/07/06 these two teams met for the first time in Briggs Dome. The pitch was Hard and Fast and sun was shining. Briggs Bullets won the toss and elected to bat. The y made 345/4 in there alloted 50 overs with Ali shining with 175 of 164 and Ainsworth supporting well with 94 of 93. In return Assassins XI were all out for 159 in 33.5 overs with only Mahmood scoring 74 of 92. Forbs took 4/31 in 6.5 overs.

Some Stats:
Highest Batting Average: Ali 175 of Briggs Bullets
Highest Bowling Average: Forbes 7.75 of Briggs Bullets

Importance of this match:
Championship table suggest that the result of this match can become really intresting if some upsets occur in next two weeks i.e. Challangers XI beat TT Liond (impossible), BFN Bombers beat Old Wulfs (Impossible) and next week Jeanz beat Old Wulf (50-50). Then Assassins XI can gain the final automatic promotion spot to div I.

Manager's Thought:
Manager Zain Awan while talking to the press said "Good Teams never give hope so we will go for this match and then hope that Challangers XI, BFN Bombers and Jeanz can create some upsets and we can get that final automatic spot. We will try our best to win tommorrow."

Expected Lineup:
Hansen, Mahmood, Ettiene, Ibrahim, Holis, Heath, Haquani, Luke, Akhlagullah, Dickman, Rahim.

Ground:
Assassins Dome will expect about 2500 die hard fans for this match. Pitch is looking Fast with little grass on it.

zainawan89 said:
Yeah i have all that in my mind and going with that plan. Hope i win and u and old wulf lose.
:mad:
How dare you! :p
Anyways, dream on :D But Old Wulfs could lose...

Good luck with ur game against Briggs, you mite be able to win if you can restrict his batsmen to low scores and then go after his bowlers

Users who are viewing this thread