Kentucky Fried Cricket

totally agree. YEAH ORIGINAL RECIPE....WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! CHICKEN WINGS! CRISPY STRIPS YEAHHH...... COLESLAW!!!

Haha, I have to admit the COLESLAW!! bit made me laugh. Everyone is saying yummy things then there is a shot of Mitch Johnson going "COLESLAWW!" It's "ummm no, mitch." Haha.

i personally dont agree with the KFC ads...most of them arent even funny and the 4 players with the voice overs basically look like total dicks. Although i did laugh at the hussey one where he bashes his bat into the turf and goes 'cmon im hungry!'

I like the one with the helmets.

"These helmets aren't used for protection, they are to stop us eating fillers out in the middle."

The only bad thing I can think about it is the amount of commercials their are played in a small amount of time. Seriously, like 3 KFC commercials between like 5 overs? It's ridiculous. They should really sign some vegetable/fruit sponsors, hilarious jokes much?

WTF i dont get it, its like fat people make an excuse like "Im fat because i saw Ponting on tv on the kfc ad and i had to eat some". If a parent is good they will only let them have it once every 6 weeks or something not like every weekend.

What about the one where Michael Clarke is talking to the Rudi the umpire and he is talking about how Punter keeps on eating Backyard Buckets and then it shows Ponting licking his lips.

Or when Billy Bowden can't decide which filler he will get and the Australian score keeps on getting higher.

Ponting: "I am doing a fillers run. Huss is having a fireball, Hilfy is having a classic, what do you want?"

Symonds: "Ohh the usual"

Ponting: "Hey, add a honey mustard and bacon to the list. Does anyone else want one?"

Clarke: "Yes siree!"

Yes I do watch to much cricket :p

Someone was kind enough to post the KFC ad's here somewhere and i watched a good few of them and I thought they were pretty funny. But then any voice over thing like that is funny.

On the issue of KFC being a good partner for Australian Cricket with regards to obesity, I'm a bit grey on this. While it is true that ultimately it is down to the individual and the parents to bring a child up correctly it is incorrect to assume that associations like these do not influence people. There very purpose is to influence you, that's why we have adverts and sponsorship. People are not as independent as they think they are. But do you ban these types of adverts? I'm not convinced. Where do you stop? Do you ban Alcohol sponsorships? Do you ban Online Gaming sponsorships? Is this any different to tobacco sponsorship?

In France 2 CEO's of Bwin (An Austrian Betting Company) were arrested in 2006 when they were about to announce a sponsorship deal with AS Monaco. Tobacco advertising is pretty much banned completely in sport now, certainly within the EU at least and I've read that the English government is considering banning adverts for fast food between childrens TV programmes. I even heard talk that at Kent Cricket club, junior replica shirts could be produced without the Spitfire and Masterbrew logos (Local Beers).

KFC doesn't make you fat. My mate ate a whole family bucket at lunch during school for a bet once, he's not fat. actually he was sick and went home though so if anything KFC encourages truancy. Ban it.

its not KFCs fault that kids get fat, it goes back on the parents. Parents should know whats good for their kids and should tell them what to eat and give hem healthy food untill the kids are old enough to make decisons on their own.
yea. anyway I think that there's not many people on the negative side. Its like me and my dad always went to KFC after playing cricket on saturday weve stoped now.

think about the skinny people its encourging them to eat!

Someone was kind enough to post the KFC ad's here somewhere and i watched a good few of them and I thought they were pretty funny. But then any voice over thing like that is funny.

I actually like it how they are not matched. It makes more funny, or stupid. They are pretty clever ads you have got to admit.

I actually like it how they are not matched. It makes more funny, or stupid. They are pretty clever ads you have got to admit.
I didn't mean to suggest that they weren't funny or clever, just that if you get any decent comedian to voice over pretty much anything it ends up being funny. Especially if it doesn't quite match.

It's common knowledge that fat people look for excuses. It's their own fault if their fat and that their parents are thick.
Now that is a very general statement. A lot of people are fat due to genetic inheritance, and many start off bad habits due to their parents.

Blaming the Aussie team is just stupid. I eat KFC from time to time but I keep it in moderation so it stops me from becoming overweight. Exercise and moderation is what keeps you thin. If you eat too much, of course you will get fat. But blaming the Australian cricketers for something that they have no control over - Cricket Australia are sponsored by KFC, and as a result they have to offer something in return.

Users who are viewing this thread