KKR: Razzaq to replace Ponting

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned

Ricky Ponting is all set to bid adieu to KKR after reports suggested he will be released from his current contract. The KKR management has zoom in on Abdul Razzaq to replace the Aussie skipper.

Australian skipper Ricky Ponting is all set to leave Kolkata Knight Riders this came barely a week after becoming the first ever Australian captain since the 20th century to taste successive Ashes series defeats in England. A report now suggests that IPL’s Kolkata Knight Riders’ are all set to release Ricky Ponting even before his 3 year contract matures.

The management has now set sights on Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq.

The inclusion of Razzaq, who broke away from the Indian Cricket League however remains subject to the diplomatic relations between India and Pakistan.

Incidentally, Ponting skipped the IPL this year as he wanted to prepare for the Ashes.

Nice idea an all-rounder in place of batsmen is really great maybe they can be better team now.

Makes sense to pay someone who is actually going to play..

Makes sense to pay someone who is actually going to play..

He doesn't get paid for not playing though. I don't think a player see's a dime if they're not able to play. I'm probably wrong though.

Grow up boy. Cricket is a team game. One player can't make a team better.

If kkr whole team can't change their game then one player can.:pYaa i agree with you cricket is team game but you should have expirienced player's in your team so that they can give you feedback how to play or what are tricks to play.Razzaq is one of the most expirienced pakistan player so i think he will be a major factor in kkr team if they can buy him.

I think it is a pretty good move, Razzaq is a good all rounder and I'm sure he''ll be available to play much more than Ponting did.

@sanjeev see mate the fact is ponting was having his write to play in ipl or not in his case he was not playing ipl because of t20 world cup and ashes2009 these both tournament was very very important for them just leave twenty world cup catch on ashes in ashes fitness is very important so we can't blame him for not playing in ipl.

^^ It paid of didnt it? Ponting couldnt buy a run in the IPL anyways, hes pretty useless in limited overs cricket nowadays............

Yes he is useless in limited over cricket these days but he can make run's in fifty but not twenty dont forget his best odi score is in south africa so maybe if he could have played this year he could have some run's in his pocket.

I think it's a good move, however I feel it could have been for someone else, such as that Henriques bloke.

Anyways, eliminates a captaincy option, which is good I guess for us Dada fans.

Yes dada can be captain again lol.;)
I think it's a good move, however I feel it could have been for someone else
I will agree with you it could have been anyone else but the fact is there are very less all-rounder's these days i dont see any fault in buying abdul razzaq in place of ricky ponting.:)

I think it's a good move, however I feel it could have been for someone else, such as that Henriques bloke.

Anyways, eliminates a captaincy option, which is good I guess for us Dada fans.

Ponting would be on 10X more then Henriques. I guess it's about cost cutting and they're not really getting anything out of Ponting.

Users who are viewing this thread