Knockout Comp:- Semi Final 2

Well played Tim, it should be difficult to chase. Good luck to Iron_Haggis and freak- you'll need it;)

nice score there Radaga..good luck Iron_Haggis and freak

I'll play the first 25 overs tomorrow and then maybe I'll here from Freak by tomorrow night, if not I will play out the overs. Good total Radaga, I think I'll need a bit of luck to get this.

I have completed the first 25 overs and still haven't heard from Freak, so if it is alright with everyone I will play the last 25 overs.

25 over Update

Zimbabwe 1/193

D.Marillier - 62 (78)
T.Friend - 87 (63)

Zimbabwe got off to a quick start, looking to keep in touch with the run rate. Ebrahim (26 off 15 balls) went after McGrath and Lee (1/42 off 6 overs) early, before he edged one to Gilhchrist off Lee. The F.O.W came with the score on 33. Friend then came to the crease and continued the quick socring started by Ebrahim. Marillier was more content to stay out there in a supporting role and at one stage was 10 off 29 balls. As both batsmen gained more confidence they started to score runs more freely. Friend brought up his 50 off 42 balls and Marillier took 60 balls for his 50. Zimbabwe need to make sure they don't lose any quick qickets as they have fought there way into a good position.

Whats happenning here guys, Squiz has waltz past Rangeela's score and we now see Iron-Haggis is right on the money. Looks like few unexpected results are on card. Good going guys.

Final Result

Zimbabwe (7/365) win by 3 wickets and with 11 balls to spare

The final 25 overs weren't as solid, with 6 wickets falling on a fairly regular basis. The first to go was Marillier who was out on 68 off 87 balls, which brought an end to the 180 run 2nd wicket stand with Friend. Friend did all the damage with a superb 156 off 132 balls. Ervine (17 off 16 balls) and Streak (32 off 23 balls) were both able to stay out there long enough to be able to put on some handy partnerships, which were also helped by some poor bowling in particular from Hogg who bowled too many wides. The game evenly poised right the way through until the last ball of the 48th over with 11 runs still needed, when Symonds bowled 5 wides and Blignaut was able to smash the rebowled delivery to the rope which then left only 2 runs needed off 2 overs, which was hauled in by a boundary off the first ball of the 49th over. The star of the innings was Travis Friend with his beautifully scored 156.

Sorry I'm currently having a little difficulty in uploading the scorecard and stuff. Will get it up ASAP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread