Lee's the Best: Ponting

Sureshot said:
What?

Lee took 5-22 the other day without McGrath.

Lee has the best ODI bowling stats ever, he isn't as good at Test level. He bowled well in the Ashes but averaged 40.

Lee as a ODI bowler is the best in the world imo, as a striker bowler anyway. If only he could bowl at the death like Freddie.

What do you mean?? He took 5-22 with McGrath in the side. The next match where there was no McGrath he took 1-51. It shows the impact McGrath makes. I agree with his test form, he can be very inconsisten but you would expect that for a bowler at Lee's pace. Like Akhtar can also be rather inconstent.

Yeh mcgrath hasnt been in very wicket taking form lately but he has been keeping it tight but australia still need the wickets. I didnt see the point in resting him at the scg he should have been in the side and dorey shouldnt have

Brett_Lee said:
Yeh mcgrath hasnt been in very wicket taking form lately but he has been keeping it tight but australia still need the wickets. I didnt see the point in resting him at the scg he should have been in the side and dorey shouldnt have

As someone said McGrath keeps the pressure on thus the batters try and attack Lee and hence him getting the wickets. McGrath can't do much more to get wickets unless batters attack him.

when i went to baggygreen.com it had in the quote box
"Brett Lee is the best limited-overs bowler in the world." Glenn McGrath
check it out

aussie1st said:
As someone said McGrath keeps the pressure on thus the batters try and attack Lee and hence him getting the wickets. McGrath can't do much more to get wickets unless batters attack him.
Actually its the combinations that work, Even Wasin or Waqar were pretty much ineffective without each other.

Right you are, you still need a guy that can take the wickets. Bracken and Clark were able to do the same when Lee had that spell against NZ in the first ODI.

Its just like Mills and Bond working together which brings to mind that Bond could've been the best ODI bowler had that injury not happened to him.

Well Ponting could be right saying hes topped the ICC Rankings because they havent been updated since the end of the series between Sri Lanka and New Zealand. And Lee has been taking alot of wickets and mcgrath hasnt so he could be!

C'mon Guys! We all know who is the best bowler in the world, don't we?

It is Brett Lee, Binga, Bing!! I knew this even before Ponting had said that:p

Well its probably almost certain he will lead the rankings after the performance hes done this vb series he might even be the Alan Border Medal Winner

Brett lee best one day bowler -is rubbish .he is afraid of coming to india and pakistan because in these conditions his fitness and real pace will come out.he is successful now because of swing which generally happens in certain conditions.he has got no change of pace,can't bowl at the death,
May be ponting had put bet against somebody that he is going to prove to the world how crap his thinking is.http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=313000#

Last edited:
How is he afraid to tour India and Pakistan: he has hardly been picked! Obviously it is going to be hard to come to terms with completely different conditions, that's self-evident. Who knows how he's going to bowl, you can't make that assessment until he plays there. He's not going to employ tactics and strategies for the sub-continent in Australia, England or a country likewise that is relatively conducive to swing, as he would be changing something that is working in those areas.

If you read the thread i made up today youll find out who leads the new icc rankings. Brett Lee Best Bowler ontop of shaun pollock and then Mcgrath and Adam Gilchrist leads Batsman. The ODI Team rankings sth africa dropped to third

Users who are viewing this thread