LG ICC Rankings Discussion

Close to none. Unless Australia lose badly to South Africa and India kicks Pakistan and England's butts, I presume.

@m_vaughan, your statements kind of too neutral. It's like saying, 'the world may or may not end'. :p

Turbonation said:
What are the chances of India taking over the Aussies?
As of this moment, Australia are far ahead of the chasing pact. England did manage to go within six points of the World Champions when the Ashes series ended, but then the contrasting fortunes for both the teams has seen the gap widen again.

sohummisra said:
(unless we use Nixon's ranking system--I'm not sure if he still develops it though :p).
Check out my website, link in my signature.

India down in seventh at the moment though, although they will be top when the old games are removed on January 1st.

sohummisra said:
Thank god for the internet. ;)
The period my rankings cover is a little tricky to explain, but I'll try anyway.

It covers a maximum of 20 games from the current year, plus the previous two years. No more than 10 games can come from the previous 2 years though. Games from the previous two years have a lower weighting than games from the current year.

India have played 8 tests this year, and as they can only have 10 games from 2003/4, they are 2 short of a full quota of 20, hence their low position in the table, compared to the teams that have played at least 10 games this year.

Turbanation said:
What are the chances of India taking over the Aussies?

At the moment, NOT POSSIBLE AT ALL!

For that to happen, we have to thrash Pakistan, England, West Indies and New Zealand and hope the Aussies perform below par! If we do all this, by 2007, we will be close to the Aussies in terms of points!

I dont think all this can happen though I would love to remain optimistic! I would be happy if we keep holding on to the No.2 rankings in test cricket! When is our next tour to England and Australia? I think we tour Australia only in 2008 rite? I would love this team to tour England and Australia to have a real test of their abilities.Beating England's current team at their own backyard will be as hard as beating Australia in Australi!

India tour the aussies in 2008, Indias got a good chance of beating the aussies then, India nealry won the test series in Australia in 2003/04 but was denied by S Waugh in the last test.

2008 is very far from now. At that time some players could be retired and a lot of new people will be in the team. You can't compare the current teams how they will perform then.

But I think when Warne and McGrath will retire finally the other Test nations can be closer with Australia. Unless suddenly the new Australian generation takes over.

I hope Tendulkar and Dravid retire only after a series victory on Australian soil. Both can go on till 2008. If Lara can play till 36 and still going, why cant Tendulkar and Dravid? They will only be 35 in 2008

Tendulkar and Dravid will surely play till at least 36 years of age. They are both champions and icons to the game and both are exceptional batsmans to continue even to 40 years of age:D

saisrini80 said:
I hope Tendulkar and Dravid retire only after a series victory on Australian soil. Both can go on till 2008. If Lara can play till 36 and still going, why cant Tendulkar and Dravid? They will only be 35 in 2008

I hope they do.....I think India might have a really good chance of beating the aussies for the first time in thier home soil in 2008 if Tendulkar and Dravid still plays.

Users who are viewing this thread