LG ICC Rankings Discussion

Pakistan definitely deserve to move up, they have played good cricket and are less shaky than they were even at the start of the year.

And I think playing matches against Australia has helped them. Especially the youngsters who didn't face batsmen and bowlers of that quality. You can see there is a rise in the team since then.

This topic can't die, or well it? :D I say sticky it
protest.gif

India might move up to the No.2 spot in the Test Rankings tomorrow .
So expect this thread to light up .
England are at No.7 in ODIs with 108 points .
Three teams are tied with 109 pts.

aditya123 said:
India might move up to the No.2 spot in the Test Rankings tomorrow .
So expect this thread to light up .
England are at No.7 in ODIs with 108 points .
Three teams are tied with 109 pts.
were'n't the brits at number 2 after the ashes?

Cricketman93 said:
were'n't the brits at number 2 after the ashes?
They were No.2 even before the Ashes .
The battle for No.2 has just begun .

The Poms have been 2nd for a while, since they beat the Windies, Kiwis and Proteas multiple times. :p. India is sure to move into 2nd place, I hear, because of decimal point calculations--barring a miraculous recovery from Sri Lanka. That'll make the rankings quite exciting, especially with Pakistan and England coming to India in the very near future.

And India travel to the West Indies also in April-May which means they can hold on to no.2 for a decent amount of time.

sohummisra said:
The Poms have been 2nd for a while, since they beat the Windies, Kiwis and Proteas multiple times. :p. India is sure to move into 2nd place, I hear, because of decimal point calculations--barring a miraculous recovery from Sri Lanka. That'll make the rankings quite exciting, especially with Pakistan and England coming to India in the very near future.

No! India move on to 115 and England are now on 113, so India lead England by 2 points in the rankings if they wrap up the match tomorrow!

If the match is a draw, India move to 113 and still move to No.2 based on the decimal point calculations!

Check this possible outcome for the 3 tests of India vs Sri Lanka. It says if India win 2-0, they move to 115 which is 2 ahead of England!

http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/test/future.html

Thanks for providing the link Sai, wow, I never knew India was so close to coming second place, It seems like India heading for a win tommorow, I think Sri Lankas chances of winning is over, but unless like in the 2nd test in the Ashes series that Warne-lee, lee-Kaspo type of partnership occurs then it might be intresting but I doubt it. Indias been waiting for a long time for this, and I believe they deserve it.

Indiangod said:
Thanks for providing the link Sai, wow, I never knew India was so close to coming second place, It seems like India heading for a win tommorow, I think Sri Lankas chances of winning is over, but unless like in the 2nd test in the Ashes series that Warne-lee, lee-Kaspo type of partnership occurs then it might be intresting but I doubt it. Indias been waiting for a long time for this, and I believe they deserve it.

India have always been a better test team in the recent years and I dont think no one can can under value their performances in the recent years in test cricket!

They seem to be on the upwards in the ODI's too. I would be really happy if they pose a very tough challenge for the other nations!

saisrini80 said:
India have always been a better test team in the recent years and I dont think no one can can under value their performances in the recent years in test cricket!

They seem to be on the upwards in the ODI's too. I would be really happy if they pose a very tough challenge for the other nations!

Yep............India nearly won thier first ever series in Australia 2003-04, but S waugh denied them, after that a famous victory in Pakistan. since 88 only 2 teams have beaten India at home. Indias improving overseas.

Pakistan had a tough year. Starting with Aussies and Facing England in the end... We didn't face any minrow team.

Finnaly we're facing Zimbabwae! :happy :happy :happy :happy

saisrini80 said:
No! India move on to 115 and England are now on 113, so India lead England by 2 points in the rankings if they wrap up the match tomorrow!

If the match is a draw, India move to 113 and still move to No.2 based on the decimal point calculations!

Check this possible outcome for the 3 tests of India vs Sri Lanka. It says if India win 2-0, they move to 115 which is 2 ahead of England!
Why did you start your post with an emphatic, 'No!' and then go on to post exactly what I said? :p

Users who are viewing this thread