LG ICC Rankings Discussion

ZexyZahid said:
Don't know if we can discuss this here:

Inzamam-ul-Haq has gone up to maximum career points with 870. He is now again on the third place. He is now equal on points with Ponting. Jacques Kallis (894) and Brian Lara (874) are before him.

Shoaib Akhtar has gone up 4 places. He is now on fourth place.
Also, Yousuf climbed 11 places to be 9th ranked. :D

I know. There is some more:

Kamran Akmal has gone up 28 places. (!) He is now on position 62.
Danish Kaneria has gone up 2 places to 13.
Shoaib Malik has a career best in bowling with 18 places going up. He is now on 81th position.

Maximum benefitter is Paul Collingwood who has gone up 62 places to position 87.

And as you can guess a lot of English players' ratings dropped.

And the latest Test table after the English defeat.

Team Matches Points Rating
1-Australia 128
2-England 113
3-India 112
4-Pakistan 103
5-South Africa 100
6-New Zealand 100
7-Sri Lanka 99
8-West Indies 73
9-Zimbabwe 27
10-Bangladesh 5

? ICC

Pakistan moving to 4th but only 3 points ahead of SA and NZ. One bad series and a good one from either of those sides will see them move ahead.
England coming back down into the pack now. And Australia's lead back out to a big one again :D

Well looking at Pakistan's Fixtures in 2006

Pakistan host India ( Thiller !)
Asia Cup in Pakistan ( no test matches)
Sri Lanka host Pakistan ( Pakistan should be able to win)
England host Pakistan ( Thriller! )
Pakistan host Zimbabwe ( Easy win :D)
Pakistan host West Indies (Test Matches, too far to judge)

Ooh, India have another bite at the second spot! Hope they don't mess this one up. Too bad my little cricket story is now outdated, because when I started, South Africa were fourth.

Now, what would be really awesome, but of course impossible, is if South Africa beat Australia 4-0. And India beat Sri Lanka 1-0.
Then the table would read:

Australia - 120
England - 113
India - 113
South Africa - 110

I think that could be the closest it could get. But of course, if South Africa beat Australia 4-0, then it should be that close (if not closer).

ZexyZahid said:
I know. There is some more:

Kamran Akmal has gone up 28 places. (!) He is now on position 62.
Danish Kaneria has gone up 2 places to 13.
Shoaib Malik has a career best in bowling with 18 places going up. He is now on 81th position.

Maximum benefitter is Paul Collingwood who has gone up 62 places to position 87.

And as you can guess a lot of English players' ratings dropped.

Bell has gone up surely?

sohummisra said:
Ooh, India have another bite at the second spot! Hope they don't mess this one up. Too bad my little cricket story is now outdated, because when I started, South Africa were fourth.

Now, what would be really awesome, but of course impossible, is if South Africa beat Australia 4-0. And India beat Sri Lanka 1-0.
Then the table would read:

Australia - 120
England - 113
India - 113
South Africa - 110

I think that could be the closest it could get. But of course, if South Africa beat Australia 4-0, then it should be that close (if not closer).

India needs to win 1-0 to upstage England from No.2! When it is counted to three decimal places, India surge ahead! I dont SA will beat Australia 4-0! So Australia will still retain their top place by a good margin!

I wish India beats Sri Lanka 1-0 and then try and beat Pakistan again in the tests on their home soil. Would be great if that happens!

Pak_cricketer said:

2 ODIs against Scotland too.

Pak_cricketer said:

Sri Lanka isn't at home isn't that easy. I would say, seeing from previous results, Sri Lanka at home is more difficult then England at home.

Pak_cricketer said:
Do those count for the Rankings?

Well as Scotland aren't in the ODI ranking table, i doubt it.

Sure Andrew would tell you if i'm wrong though.

Sureshot said:
Well as Scotland aren't in the ODI ranking table, i doubt it.

Sure Andrew would tell you if i'm wrong though.
Scotland aren't in the ODI ranking table because it's been almost 7 years since they played an ODI. Of course the games will count towards the ODI ranking table, Scotland have official ODI status from January 1st.

The ICC currently rank Scotland 12th in one day cricket, although that will probably change once Scotland start playing a few games.

Pakistan's game against Oman in the Asia Cup won't count towards the ODI table though, even though it is an official ODI.

Wow, that can get to be quite confusing. Maybe they should just give all teams official ODI status and a rank, like other sports. However, since most of the top teams aren't really playing the bottom teams (like other sports), there won't be too many chances of crushing victories/losses.

India should beat Sri Lanka 1-0. But I think the Aussies will win their test series clash with SA 2-1. India v Pakistan should be interesting, but the latter is looking very good atm, with Shoaib Akhtar back to his absolute best. There was no doubt about his talent, but question marks were being raised about his discipline and commitment. Bob Woolmer seems to have fine tuned both these things, and the Rawalpindi lad is firing on all cylinders. Even on flat wickets, he was able to pick up wickets against a good opposition. India on the other hand have looked well in the Sri Lanka series but failed to beat SA at home. India did win the last time these two met in a test series in Pakistan, but this time around I think the home side will win 2-0 or 2-1.

However I am pretty sure Sri Lanka will beat Pakistan, because the Lankan lions are very difficult to beat at home.

So far your predictions are not coming that very true.

I rank India not that lightly, that we will win with 2-0 or 2-1. These matches will be very close and specific individual performances will be difference maker.

Sri Lanka has won only one Test match against Pakistan in Sri Lanka. Pakistan has five Test matches won and four drawn in Sri Lanka. And Sri Lanka has never won a Test series in Sri Lanka against Pakistan. (but three times won in Pakistan itself): http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/BY_OPPONENT/PAK-SL/PAK-SL_TEST_SERIES_SUMMARY.html So maybe that prediction could be rephrased.

But I don't think Pakistan will take Sri Lanka that lightly either.

Users who are viewing this thread