LG ICC Rankings Discussion

kodos said:
Tendulkar and Dravid will surely play till at least 36 years of age. They are both champions and icons to the game and both are exceptional batsmans to continue even to 40 years of age:D
Tendulkars glass elbow thinks differently.

Let's hope it wasn't fitted by the people who fitted our Windows (Anglian for those in the UK to avoid). Otherwise you could see his bone.

I agree with sohummisra. Every post by you Langer is always biassed towards Australia and never accept the fact that if any player is from another country is better than another player from Australia you won't admit it. Grow up please!!

big summer for England with India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan (Home then away for latter 2)

Big influence on rankings.

Indeed, it is all round gonna be a big year of cricket. The top 4 nations going for second place are playing each other quite a bit..

The ICC test rankings are much more stable than the ODI rankings. One day you are No.2 in ICC ODI rankings and next day you are No.5 all of a sudden. ICC has to amend the ODI rankings rules a little bit so that they do not fluctuate so much.

rahulk666 said:
The ICC test rankings are much more stable than the ODI rankings. One day you are No.2 in ICC ODI rankings and next day you are No.5 all of a sudden. ICC has to amend the ODI rankings rules a little bit so that they do not fluctuate so much.

I agree wholeheartedly! The ODI rankings need a good tune up!

It fluctuates because it's so close at the top of the table. The onus is on the teams to win at home and abroad for an extended period of time to set themselves apart.

I think both points systems work well, the ODI tables may be a little more accurate due to the fact that the teams face one another more frequently.

Sando said:
It fluctuates because it's so close at the top of the table. The onus is on the teams to win at home and abroad for an extended period of time to set themselves apart.

I think both points systems work well, the ODI tables may be a little more accurate due to the fact that the teams face one another more frequently.
The ICC ODI rankings rates winning the world cup final same as any other ODi match which according to me is nuts!!! The rankings should give weightage to the series win, tournament wins and things like such.

I agree with rahulk666 there's no point in gaining the same amount of points in the rankings if u win a world cup final and say u win the last game of a 5 ODI series but u've already lost the series 4-0.........the opposing team would probably field a weak team after wrapping up the series so u shouldn't be gaining anything/much from beating a weak team......

rahulk666 said:
The ICC ODI rankings rates winning the world cup final same as any other ODi match which according to me is nuts!!! The rankings should give weightage to the series win, tournament wins and things like such.
sahassaigal said:
I agree with rahulk666 there's no point in gaining the same amount of points in the rankings if u win a world cup final and say u win the last game of a 5 ODI series but u've already lost the series 4-0.........the opposing team would probably field a weak team after wrapping up the series so u shouldn't be gaining anything/much from beating a weak team......

:) 101% Agreed :cool:

sahassaigal said:

All games should be treated equally, unless its like the world cup which I should think you play for bigger points.

But if your in a 5 ODI series and are 4-0 up and decide to field a weak side in the 5th game and the other team wins then you should lose maximum points, and the team who won should get maximum points, to create a rule where a team gets less points for beating a top class team that has fielded its second grade players is totally unfair IMO.

In the recent 3 ODI series between Australia and New Zealand, Australia fielded a weak team in all 3 matches, they won the series 2-1, with new zealand winning the last game. So New Zealand should not get maximum points for winning that last game? Do Australia get more points because they won the series with a weeker team? No they don't and they shouldn't.

As for the World Cup, I think points should be doubled for such as event :)

Well logic suggests that if you are really concerned about your rankings, you wouldn't really post a weaker team.

Users who are viewing this thread