Live Cricket 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbest

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
All d best mate.

Ping me if you need any sorta help with the code.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hey guys, thanks for the offers. Coding wise the game is nearly feature complete, so I'm sorted with that :) The problems I'd like help with are the design decisions and graphics. I'm starting to learn how to use Inkscape, but it's going to take a while before I start making decent logos/banners. Any help on these 2 fronts will be greatly appreciated.

KK

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
This is fantastic news :D

The bowling method sound fine. I don't know if batting will work with a mouse, if anything the mouse could be used to control the batsman and then the keyboard to play the shots.

I've already given my thoughts on Career mode (I think)

Commentary sounds cool, but it is uneeded. If you want people to be able to track commentary, allow the people playing the game to provide their own commentary though a mic or something. Otherwise, simple text commentary is fine for now.

2D is good.

I'm not good with graphics, but I'm sure one of many graphic designers here could help. As for design decisions, I could help with those.

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
@ ZoraxDoom: Yes, thanks, I remember your ideas about the career mode and all of those have been taken onboard :) Do you know if that thread is floating around somewhere on PC? I'd like to summarise the ideas there and post them here so that people don't double post.

@ cricketdudemad: Yup, that was the idea bandied about last time. It'll definitely be like NSS - with a bit of a twist :)

KK

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
It is a very dull lifestyle.

Quite co-incidental you chose Jaipur. Quite a bit of my family currently lives there.

Yes it is a very dull lifestyle. Tonight I will be eating Curry Chicken with my papadum while watching slumdog millionare. :cool:

lol, moving on you could join the NSS team and make and sell you game(after you're completely satisfied and finished). Easy. ;)

kurtkz

Game Developer
Guys please don't derail the thread. Keep it on topic. Suggestions, criticisms and help only.

kurtkz added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

@ ZoraxDoom: Thanks for the link. I'll summarise your thoughts and post them here.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
a name change suggestion to keep with the Live part:

Live From The Middle Cricket 09 or some kind of variation on that(possibly take out the the word Live or Cricket) I'll try and come up with some more ideas to make it a bit more unique.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Good to see you back, mate. :)

Hopefully we'll get the complete edition. You should make it bigger instead of 16x16 pixels. I think it would make it much more enjoyable if you could make out where the the arms, legs are etc. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread